XPO | XAB votes Teamsters in

Yes. When you have to much of anyone thing the price for it goes down. So union companies that agreed to contract they could fulfill and closing there doors flood the market with drivers bring there value down. So in turn the union are partly to blame for the stagnet wages in the trucking industry. Now if those said companies would still be open today where would we be now? Some say the union companies are setting the standard? Does that still hold true today? Right now places are begging for driver and offering tons of perks. Top rate, benefits day one and even advance PTO time.
Read post #39 for your answer.

When these companies agreed to these contracts, they had no idea that the prices they paid for these other companies for the territories they operated in were going to be taken away with de- regulation. FBN, you seem to be a smart guy. Why are you asking questions you already know the answer to?
I just should have said that nothing is a guaranteed. So the next question is was the company able to make changes to stay open or were the restriction in the contract. The problem now a days it the company blame the union and the union blames the company. We can point the finger all we want in the end it's both there fault for the failure.
We see the union has changed...If it was the 80's would YRC still be open?

I just should have said that nothing is a guaranteed. So the next question is was the company able to make changes to stay open or were the restriction in the contract. The problem now a days it the company blame the union and the union blames the company. We can point the finger all we want in the end it's both there fault for the failure
If by failure, you mean the Teamsters setting the standard for higher wages/ benefits back in the day of NMFA, then I agree. However, what would be the standard pay for truck drivers and dock workers today be if not for the Teamsters. Probably much less than we now enjoy. Wouldn’t you agree?

To be honest with you it doesn't matter what OV says now does it? If you are replying to me it really only matters what I said...
As a reply to you you are correct. In general it is fitting to what you said. OV-10 paints the company as evil because it a roll up and did not grow organically. Yet you just point out that the companies of the past did the same thing XPO has done. Even looking at P.I.E history they did it all they way back in the 50's. Hell even CCX did it with Penn Yan

Preston and Jones Truck Lines come to mind. They both agreed to concessions back in the day to continue to operate. To little to late though.
Prime example today is YRC. Companies go through good times and bad. It how the parties involed handle the bad times says more then any of the good times.

Deregulation was in the works through many presidential terms Prior to Carter. It passed under his presidency with bipartisan support in Congress. It opened the doors for competition in the market by letting nonunion carriers to undercut what unions had build up in collevtive bargaining over the years .It’s that simple. It is not about the bad business models for the most part. Cheap competition undercut companies that paid well. The race to the bottom still continues to this day even during times of economic prosperity and driver shortages.

Last edited:
As a reply to you you are correct. In general it is fitting to what you said. OV-10 paints the company as evil because it a roll up and did not grow organically. Yet you just point out that the companies of the past did the same thing XPO has done. Even looking at P.I.E history they did it all they way back in the 50's. Hell even CCX did it with Penn Yan
Like I said I dont give a ::shit:: what OV said....I dont care how a company grows....

As I sort of stated earlier, nobody would even mention the word "deregulation" if only the Teamsters had organized the many companies which grew/evolved after that event. That way all of us - Yellow, ABF, TransForce, Old Dominion, Saia, FedEx, etc. could all have been part of a stronger, bigger NMFA and with that strength applied evenly to all the LTL companies we could have gotten better pay and benefits since most all of the LTL industry would have been showing organized solidarity. As it is now, how can anyone expect any of the few remaining Teamster companies to show real contractual strength when we're only a fraction of the industry. Sad but true.

As I sort of stated earlier, nobody would even mention the word "deregulation" if only the Teamsters had organized the many companies which grew/evolved after that event. That way all of us - Yellow, ABF, TransForce, Old Dominion, Saia, FedEx, etc. could all have been part of a stronger, bigger NMFA and with that strength applied evenly to all the LTL companies we could have gotten better pay and benefits since most all of the LTL industry would have been showing organized solidarity. As it is now, how can anyone expect any of the few remaining Teamster companies to show real contractual strength when we're only a fraction of the industry. Sad but true.
some of the smaller teamster companies still around is because the owner has a heart

And too add to your post . These non union companies have become very adept at keeping their workers from organizing through many means . The most influential is disinformation campaigns . Also industries groups such as “The National Right to Work foundation” sponsored by the companies. These groups are working behind the seens with Republican law makers to expand their views through legislation. They are racing to curtail Union effectiveness with new legislation and influencing their voting base. It has been very effective. So effective that the vast majority of truckers who vote for conservative politician don’t even realize that when they vote for issues they hold dear such second amendment and pro life polititions they are voting for those who support anti union agenda . I go as far to say that is the real agenda of these politicians and their big business backers. It all never ceases to amazes me how they have managed to suppress compensation and keep their workers voting against themselves. I understand this is not a popular opinion but it how it’s is.

Last edited:
And too add to your post . These non union companies have become very adept at keeping their workers from organizing through many means . The most influential is disinformation campaigns . Also industries groups such as “The National Right to Work foundation” sponsored by the companies. These groups are working behind the seens with Republican law makers to expand their views through legislation. They are racing to curtail Union effectiveness with new legislation and influencing their voting base. It has been very effective. So effective that the vast majority of truckers who vote for conservative politician don’t even realize that when they vote for issues they hold dear such second amendment and pro life polititions they are voting for those who support anti union agenda . I go as far to say that is the real agenda of these politicians and their big business backers. It all never ceases to amazes me how they have managed to suppress compensation and keep their workers voting against themselves. I understand this is not a popular opinion but it how it’s is.
If the repubs were pro labor they would win every election

Regardless of what the companies say, this is not the 1930's and workers have access to all kinds of information these days, in particular the Internet with unlimited info there. Having said that, the workers themselves could vote for union representation any time they want. Sadly, not enough of them seem to want to.

Regardless of what the companies say, this is not the 1930's and workers have access to all kinds of information these days, in particular the Internet with unlimited info there. Having said that, the workers themselves could vote for union representation any time they want. Sadly, not enough of them seem to want to.
Too many are financially maxed out ,worry about disruption of paycheck

These non union companies have become very adept at keeping their workers from organizing through many means . The most influential is disinformation campaigns .
Yes CCX/Conway have done it for years.....How long you been here?
So effective that the vast majority of truckers who vote for conservative politician don’t even realize that when they vote for issues they hold dear such second amendment and pro life polititions they are voting for those who support anti union agenda .
Maybe because the other side finds new ways to tax us. Just look at the new mileage tax Pa want to start, or bridge tolls. They want big govt. They are hiring 85,000 new IRS auditors. The want to know about every bank transaction over 600 you make. They want to tax your ROTH account. Tax you unrealized gain in your portfolio that's before you sell it. Just look at what has happened in the last 9 months gas up 42%. They are saying it will cost 50% more to heat your house this winter. Food at the store. is up 5.4% since last Sept. In 9 months we went from energy independence to relying on OPEC again
So yea there is more to it then 2A and abortion.
What good is it to have a top paying union job when to govt takes most of it anyway?

It opened the doors for competition in the market by letting nonunion carriers to undercut what unions had build up in collevtive bargaining over the years .It’s that simple.
Well... More like the Govt got out of the trucking business. when you have the Govt setting pricing and authority over who can operate in an area it does limit your competition.
Cheap competition undercut companies that paid well.
That's not completely true. Companies like CCX and AF came up with a model and a plan to move freight 500 mile next day. Stop putting up LH drivers in Hotel. Had LH driver work the dock at the FACs. AF had date and time guaranteed freight back when I worked there even know of LH driver breaking there sets on the way back to make a Guaranteed delivery. These are some of the stuff these carriers and not cheap one did that many of the union carriers didn't do back then.