XFL to return in 2020 according to Vince McMahon

20_yrs_2_go

Thank god for small favors ( pic on far left )
Credits
Vince McMahon: XFL to return in 2020 without gimmicks
play
McMahon promises faster, family-friendly XFL (1:37)
3:28 PM CT
  • i

Darren RovellESPN Senior Writer
WWE founder and chairman Vince McMahon announced Thursday he is giving a professional football league another go.

It will be called the XFL, the same name of the league McMahon and NBC tried for one season in 2001, but it won't rely on flashy cheerleaders and antics as its predecessor did, he said.

Features of Returning XFL
• 8 teams to start

• 40 man rosters

• 10-game season beginning in January

• Two-hour game-time goal

• Any player with a criminal record precluded from playing

• Players won't receive forum to take personal stance on social issues on playing field

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22213241/vince-mcmahon-gimmick-free-xfl-return-2020

No stripper/hooker cheerleaders ? Well, that sucks. But the NFL is complete garbage. Agreed. This is perfectly timed.

Since the fans have always had a voice in the wwe especially after the website had it's debut Vince still can't get it right and 3k of the video viewers agree on this video

XFL will tank out again on it's own

Maybe he will get some help from the Trump small business administration.I hear he has some ties to the Secretary of that department.

Since the fans have always had a voice in the wwe especially after the website had it's debut Vince still can't get it right and 3k of the video viewers agree on this video

XFL will tank out again on it's own

Not sure. The new generation doesn't seem to interact with football the same way we did. And I say did because the NFL's relationship with many of it's fans is broken. So not only are they not appealing to new fans, but they are turning off long time fans. The old XFL did an amazing thing. The NFL took a lot of those concepts and revitalized itself with them. McMahon will get another pile of money out of this. And if the NFL is lucky, they will get an opportunity to take a better look at themselves.

Maybe he will get some help from the Trump small business administration.I hear he has some ties to the Secretary of that department.

McMahon is way past small business status. LOL But hey, they guy knows marketing and entertainment. Two things the NFL is very poor at. The NFL has always counted on the volume of people watching in the stadium and at home. For the first time in a long time they are losing their audience. Still by far a dominant command in ratings and a lot of people still go to games. But how long can you slide before it's a problem ? Many of the recent changes took a lot of the football out of the game. The rules and fines and penalties all dominate the action on the field more than the sport itself. I mean, what the hell is a catch any more ? And if you can't even do that right. There is obviously something very wrong with what you are doing with the game.

Not sure. The new generation doesn't seem to interact with football the same way we did. And I say did because the NFL's relationship with many of it's fans is broken. So not only are they not appealing to new fans, but they are turning off long time fans. The old XFL did an amazing thing. The NFL took a lot of those concepts and revitalized itself with them. McMahon will get another pile of money out of this. And if the NFL is lucky, they will get an opportunity to take a better look at themselves.

Just read an article not long ago that the NFL might be expanding to 40 teams in the very near future that will include Mexico City Mexico.

So you could say Roger has a Ace up his sleeve after Vince is done fooling around.

McMahon is way past small business status. LOL But hey, they guy knows marketing and entertainment. Two things the NFL is very poor at. The NFL has always counted on the volume of people watching in the stadium and at home. For the first time in a long time they are losing their audience. Still by far a dominant command in ratings and a lot of people still go to games. But how long can you slide before it's a problem ? Many of the recent changes took a lot of the football out of the game. The rules and fines and penalties all dominate the action on the field more than the sport itself. I mean, what the hell is a catch any more ? And if you can't even do that right. There is obviously something very wrong with what you are doing with the game.

Another article I read says USA network is considering not to renew the wwe contract that's going to expire in 2019 That could be another reason why Vince is scrambling for new work ?
The reason said within the article that the ratings are falling to a point where USA has to make the fatal decision to pull the plug on the big guy.

I personally like Vince McMahon He done gutsy things on tv that no one could possibly think of doing and still made it entertaining but sometimes people lose interest and move on and I think of all people Vince knows his time could be near as a wrestling promoter

Another article I read says USA network is considering not to renew the wwe contract that's going to expire in 2019 That could be another reason why Vince is scrambling for new work ?
The reason said within the article that the ratings are falling to a point where USA has to make the fatal decision to pull the plug on the big guy.

I personally like Vince McMahon He done gutsy things on tv that no one could possibly think of doing and still made it entertaining but sometimes people lose interest and move on and I think of all people Vince knows his time could be near as a wrestling promoter

There are another 500 channels and live streaming and who knows what else.

Just read an article not long ago that the NFL might be expanding to 40 teams in the very near future that will include Mexico City Mexico.

So you could say Roger has a Ace up his sleeve after Vince is done fooling around.

That would be stupid. The league is already watered down enough.

I am sure. But they still air a puppy bowl every year. Some one will think it's a good idea.

Last time I checked the puppy bowl was on the animal planet channel.
I don't think there will be a wwe invite here anytime soon

You sure ? Some of those guys and gals would be right at home on that channel.

I wasn't talking about what the wrestlers prefer ?
Cable is all about ratings and what people want to watch
2 grown men can be seen beating the :censored: out of each other for free at the local dive bar or so I've been often told at no extra charge

I wasn't talking about what the wrestlers prefer ?
Cable is all about ratings and what people want to watch
2 grown men can be seen beating the :censored: out of each other for free at the local dive bar or so I've been often told at no extra charge

The WWE ain't about that. It's not boxing or MMA. It's about the stories and characters. It's a soap opera.

Most dive bars are soap operas because the same people go there almost every day or when payday rolls around

Yeah. And the same way. People come back to this wrestling stuff. It's all phases. Some good characters come along like Stone Cold or the Rock and things get good for a while and then it gets a little dull until the next big thing comes along. Kinda like going to the bar and then your buddy is like, you should come to my bar and then after some time you wanna go back to your bar.