XPO | XLG closing?

SickandTired

TB Lurker
Credits
I just heard a bad rumor Lansing MI terminal is closing Monday. Is there any truth to this? I hope its just a rumor. Has anyone else heard this?

More than just Lansing closing monday. Norwich, CT is closing also. I believe there were 3 or 4 more but I can't remember which ones. I guess only the terminals that will be affected were informed.

Mushroom

:hide: Typical Con-Way behaviour: Have not heard a word until now: ie: treat me like a mushroom, feed me s*** and keep me in the dark! :smilie_132:

More than just Lansing closing monday. Norwich, CT is closing also. I believe there were 3 or 4 more but I can't remember which ones. I guess only the terminals that will be affected were informed.

XNC closes Friday. Their former freight will be absorbed through XPI, XWO and XHR where most of the crew, equipment and business came from. Cracks me up...they were so eager to get it open about 7 years or so ago, now they are closing it....I think corporate LTL is like a very high speed rifle bullet...the faster it leaves the muzzle the faster it slows down...I guess the emphasis are no longer how to "grow" the company...but rather how to keep whats left alive...hehehehe

Its amazing

:hide: Typical Con-Way behaviour: Have not heard a word until now: ie: treat me like a mushroom, feed me s*** and keep me in the dark! :smilie_132:

They let the cat out of the bag on Wednesday and tell them their closing Friday. Gives the employees a lot of time to make their to make their life changing decisions. A real employee oriented company. It just keeps getting better.

Last time they did this, a lot more warning was given. I wonder why the change?????

I can't believe this company gives there employee's three days to decide where there are going to pick up and move their families to when they decide to close a terminal. To those who are loosing their jobs, I wish the very best to. You guys and gal got delt a deck of ... I thought con-way was a great company at one time. What a joke. They don't give a damn about the people who made them number 1 or who makes the whole cycle go around. Seeing what they're doing now makes me sick. I heard last week we were voted one of the best places to work. Who paid for that ? I never got to vote.

Tried to tell

Several years ago, and as recently as a few months ago, there were people on here telling everyone what was comming down the pike. But see we were the people that were living in a helter-skelter world and nothing was going to happen like we said it would. What I am saying is that this is just the very tip of CON-ways plan. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, believe what I say or what anyone else tells you, when it comes to what CON-way is going to do. Check things out for yourselfs and ask questions all the way up the ladder. Believe this or not, if enought of the workers would get on the same page, things could be changed. CON-WAY has a thiing for staying within a hair of the law. You can provide the clipper to cut the hair. Try it you might like it. I do.:smilies-19296::USA::USA::USA: