ABF | XPO Con-Way pay raise.

canaryinthemine

Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!
Credits
I spoke to a friend of mine who works for XPO Con-Way who informed me that due to the ongoing threat of Union organizing, their company will give them a 50 cent an hour pay raise on April 3rd.

That will bring their rate to $25.90 an hour,.......pretty close to what FedEx is making.

YRC is the lowest paying LTL carrier,.......and we are the second-lowest paid,........and with our highly vaunted pension under attack,.....and YRC on a pension freeze,......and with no vacation for two years........tell me once again how ABF and YRC are going to attract new employees?

Good Job! Mess'rs Hoffa, Johnson, and Sweeton have pretty much ruined Union LTL for the future with the disastrous, putrid contracts,....... and the ongoing lack of interest and representation........

Maybe it would be better to decertify, and then immediately start an organizing campaign........It seems the only attention paid to LTL by the IBT is their ongoing quest for more dues money,........Maybe we would get better representation and attention iif we acted like we needed organized......

Of course XPO Con-Way will never organize.......Neither will FedEx.... They get better benefits and pay merely by the threat being out there.....plus the lack of availability of experienced LTL drivers ........Their upper management has concluded that paying drivers what they're worth is probably a better strategy for growth .....,...,as opposed to the strategy concocted by the.....,"management " at YRC and ABF,........and, of course,.....the Three Stooges at the IBT.

I spoke to a friend of mine who works for XPO Con-Way who informed me that due to the ongoing threat of Union organizing, their company will give them a 50 cent an hour pay raise on April 3rd.

That will bring their rate to $25.90 an hour,.......pretty close to what FedEx is making.

YRC is the lowest paying LTL carrier,.......and we are the second-lowest paid,........and with our highly vaunted pension under attack,.....and YRC on a pension freeze,......and with no vacation for two years........tell me once again how ABF and YRC are going to attract new employees?

Good Job! Mess'rs Hoffa, Johnson, and Sweeton have pretty much ruined Union LTL for the future with the disastrous, putrid contracts,....... and the ongoing lack of interest and representation........

Maybe it would be better to decertify, and then immediately start an organizing campaign........It seems the only attention paid to LTL by the IBT is their ongoing quest for more dues money,........Maybe we would get better representation and attention iif we acted like we needed organized......

Of course XPO Con-Way will never organize.......Neither will FedEx.... They get better benefits and pay merely by the threat being out there.....plus the lack of availability of experienced LTL drivers ........Their upper management has concluded that paying drivers what they're worth is probably a better strategy for growth .....,...,as opposed to the strategy concocted by the.....,"management " at YRC and ABF,........and, of course,.....the Three Stooges at the IBT.
Very well said.

All about the dues!!!!

That raise must be nationwide. The guys I know out here are getting the same thing.

Maybe it would be better to decertify, and then immediately start an organizing campaign........It seems the only attention paid to LTL by the IBT is their ongoing quest for more dues money,........Maybe we would get better representation and attention iif we acted like we needed organized......Do know that a union driver does not pay a dime for insurance?

Totally agree, G040! The ONLY way we're gonna get back what we 'gave up' is a long overdue strike. It borders on embarrassing how weak the IBT has become. We need to STOP bending over.
After 24 years of doing this, it seems we're being led off a cliff. Something needs to be done in a stern way leading up to the upcoming contract....

Brothers,.........Make sure the delegates you're sending to the convention have CLEARLY STATED who they will support at the Las Vegas convention. No waffling,......none of this "I'll decide when I get there" stuff. All they're telling you there is that they don't have the spine to
stand up to Ol' Boy internal IBT politics,........nor do they have the spine to tell the members so.......

We need delegates who aren't AFRAID to loudly state who they will support at the convention. With the angry climate with the rank-and-file,..... it now becomes critical to send people who won't be bamboozled by the Good Ol' Boys.......... whose sole aim is re-election to keep the gravy train rolling..........NOT representing the rank-and-file in tough times.

The evidence is right in front of us.......just open up that steaming heap of a contract book,.........that is, if they've deigned to send you one,........and watch the smelly vapors rising from that fetid swamp of so-called ...."negotiation".....Go dust off your moldy grievances that have been gathering dust because.......as you've been told privately,...... no one wants to ...."rock the boat".....

They are scared of the companies!

I'll say it plainly: The current IBT leadership is scared of the companies! Scared that the gravy train might end.......No more cushy office,...and.......Lord Above! They might actually have to go back to their employer and WORK under the conditions they negotiated! Horrors!

Vote for delegates who aren't AFRAID to state who they will support!

Maybe it would be better to decertify, and then immediately start an organizing campaign........It seems the only attention paid to LTL by the IBT is their ongoing quest for more dues money,........Maybe we would get better representation and attention iif we acted like we needed organized......Do know that a union driver does not pay a dime for insurance?

Better look at your benefits!!!! Union drivers don't pay a dime for insurance, you get 1/1/2 after 8 hours, (local cartage), SENIORITY, and a bit of a lot of job protection.

I was speaking with a Corporate Director of Logistics for a large account in the Southeast today and out of the blue he brought up XPO. Conway was doing a mid-west delivery and warehouse storage for their company. He said Con-Way had been doing a great job. Since XPO took over they started messing up the shipping, delivery times, and warehousing. He said he had never seen a company go from very good service to pathetic service so quickly. That shipment is now being bid out to O.D., UPS Freight, and one other company. Mr. Jacobs had better stop his frivolous lawsuits and pay raises to run the union off and pay attention to his Own company and the services they provide. I'm not a union guy trying to be mean, just passing along info that I heard first hand ( not gossip). I am a retired Yellow employee for the record, and this account is where I stayed every day for 12 years.

Better look at your benefits!!!! Union drivers don't pay a dime for insurance, you get 1/1/2 after 8 hours, (local cartage), SENIORITY, and a bit of a lot of job protection.
Absolutely, Brother.......... And none of that was a gift from the employers,.... It was all hard fought and won.

What I'm seeing now is a gradual chipping away,......piece by piece,......of those hard fought benefits.....

What I'm seeing,.....after 40 years in the Teamsters .........is a timid uninformed....... "leadership"........ negotiating contracts that are nothing more than wish lists for companies who want to bring us down to non-Union level,......to be " competitive "....instead of fighting for good benefits so that the employees of non-Union companies would WANT to organize...

And ,......this is in a time when drivers have the mightiest leverage of any other occupation, due to government license requirements and severe driver shortage.

I am a proud Teamster,...... I'm also a steward. I haven't missed more than three Local Union meetings in the last 25 years,.....and I work real hard to support my Local and officers,...... whom I consider to be honest people doing the right things.

It burns me when we get national contracts that give away the rights that my father fought for......

You would vote for pay cut all over again....wow driver:2437::6817::lmao:
I said nothing about a pay cut. The topic was about how much better pay there is at non union lines. If I was starting over today I would still go to work for a union company. The benefits are much better here & having representation is difficult to place a value on.
If one is not satisfied with a union job the non union companies are hiring.