XPO | Xpo Logistics Going Out Of Business

Let's say you are right.

What is it that "convinced" you?

An article? A video? Radio report? What pushed you over the edge to believe XPO is being sold or going out of business? ( closed )
Magic 8 Ball !!!!
9uUbxh8.jpg

Let's say you are right.

What is it that "convinced" you?

An article? A video? Radio report? What pushed you over the edge to believe XPO is being sold or going out of business? ( closed )
Wait a minute! You mean to tell me you want facts? Confirmation? Something in print? A link? Comments from SJ Consulting? You are really “reaching “ on this one,ic....

I am convinced that XPO is going to be sold or closed.

We all knew the whole time that he was going to sell. He told Wall Street when he bought us that he had a plan. That plan didn't work out. It won't likely change the result. Just how much he makes off the sale. That's all that will change. But that it took you this long to catch up is a little befuddling.

Wait a minute! You mean to tell me you want facts? Confirmation? Something in print? A link? Comments from SJ Consulting? You are really “reaching “ on this one,ic....
I think he's basing this on the multitude of articles regarding stock activity, class action lawsuits, large customer losses. Also the damages, layoffs, drops in freight volume. All things that we have previously read and discussed. These bring him to that final conclusion. And I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that. My confidence in the company has dropped off enormously.

I think he's basing this on the multitude of articles regarding stock activity, class action lawsuits, large customer losses. Also the damages, layoffs, drops in freight volume. All things that we have previously read and discussed. These bring him to that final conclusion. And I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that. My confidence in the company has dropped off enormously.

You are absolutely right , I didn’t get a chance to answer you guys, you basically nailed it.

When the Teamsters at YRC vote NO. Then an offer by YRCW will be placed to buy us.
I have no reason to believe the Teamsters will vote no on the new contract, but there is always the possibility that we will be sold. As long as I don't come to work one morning to find the place locked up and wreckers pulling away the equipment, I'm not too worried about it.

You think rehiring Brooks is the sign of confidence to change people's minds ?

I have no reason to believe the Teamsters will vote no on the new contract, but there is always the possibility that we will be sold. As long as I don't come to work one morning to find the place locked up and wreckers pulling away the equipment, I'm not too worried about it.

Plenty of trucking companies have closed in the past. And plenty more will in the future. CF is gone. Con-way is gone. Consolidation and reorganization. Until the next big thing comes along. And then the process starts over again.

Xpo isn’t going out of business. It may be a good stock purchase right now.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/03/30/better-buy-xpo-logistics-vs-jb-hunt-transportation.aspx

The thing they didn't mention is that Amazon has been pulling everything off everyone in the LTL world and using their own in house transportation or JB Hunt. It's why JB Hunt bought a last mile business. They are partnered with Amazon. And that is why they are the stock to own when choosing between XPO and JB Hunt.