XPO | XPO Positive on LTL Focus article

They can wish and hope all they want but if they don’t run from Jacobs philosophy on running the business they are sure to fail . No any where do I hear on investing in good drivers . You can have all the equipment you want but if you don’t have the manpower to move freight you dead in the water . Con-way reputation was built on a well compensated motivated driver force there is no regaining anything if this is ignored. You can’t expect over the top service and the revenue that goes with it if you chit on people. Here’s a start ! Instead of putting money into an all encompassing driver surveillance system use the money to enhance driver compensation! I guarantee the pay off will be much better than the enhanced system. Also you will attract better candidates and drivers so you won’t be needing the in your face system.

Last edited:
They can wish and hope all they want but if they don’t run from Jacobs philosophy on running the business they are sure to fail . No any where do I hear on investing in good drivers . You can have all the equipment you want but if you don’t have the manpower to move freight you dead in the water . Con-way reputation was built on a well compensated motivated driver force there is no regaining anything if this is ignored. You can’t expect over the top service and the revenue that goes with it if you chit on people. Here’s a start ! Instead of putting money into an all encompassing driver surveillance system use the money to enhance driver compensation! I guarantee the pay off will be much better than the enhanced system. Also you will attract better candidates and drivers so you won’t be needing the in your face system.
If you build it, they will come. XPO is obviously preparing for the demise of Yellow. Why else would they point out in the article that they serve 99% of all zip codes. XPO will have thousands of drivers at their doors when Yellow goes belly up. They will immediately hire Yellow supervisors to tell them which Yellow employees to hire and which ones are duds. Because they are a national carrier, they may even deliver Yellows left over freight.

If you build it, they will come. XPO is obviously preparing for the demise of Yellow. Why else would they point out in the article that they serve 99% of all zip codes. XPO will have thousands of drivers at their doors when Yellow goes belly up. They will immediately hire Yellow supervisors to tell them which Yellow employees to hire and which ones are duds. Because they are a national carrier, they may even deliver Yellows left over freight.
We been delivering 99% of the zip codes for years. This is nothing new. Also in my area when NEMF went out we hired ZERO, NONE of there drivers. Places like Estes started them at a hire rate on there scale at the time and got 4 of there million mile drivers. XPO is just like FedEx they don't want to hire exp drivers. They want driver that know very little so they can tell them the way it is, make them drive/pull O/S eq over weight loads and ect just to make numbers.

We been delivering 99% of the zip codes for years. This is nothing new. Also in my area when NEMF went out we hired ZERO, NONE of there drivers. Places like Estes started them at a hire rate on there scale at the time and got 4 of there million mile drivers. XPO is just like FedEx they don't want to hire exp drivers. They want driver that know very little so they can tell them the way it is, make them drive/pull O/S eq over weight loads and ect just to make numbers.
Fly is right . Xpo is not interested in drivers from another carrier at this point . They are fixated with training their own at this point . Indentured to the company for 2 yrs, they also have lower expectations versus someone who been in the industry for a few years .That is the current mindset at the moment.

Fly is right . Xpo is not interested in drivers from another carrier at this point . They are fixated with training their own at this point . Indentured to the company for 2 yrs, they also have lower expectations versus someone who been in the industry for a few years .That is the current mindset at the moment.
While I’m sure those things are true at some locations, we have actually hired and kept some good drivers with experience, some coming from other LTL’s. We are really over staffed with drivers. We often offer CC days and we are currently training one new driver. If, and I do mean if, volume picks up, we should be good.

Nashville offered 10 cc days Thursday night. Things aren’t peachy as some may imply.
But, but the white house press secretary an Biden himself says the economy is great even better then the last administration... So how can this be soooo. It fake news then