XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

If the customer becomes unhappy with the service, they go somewhere else. The company has to deliver a modicum of quality to the customer in order to survive.
We have seen that in spades at Xpo because of greedy management. Xpo is almost completely union free so I’m not sure your point is valid. No offense . I watch in amazement how management here runs things into ground firsthand and they have the freedom to do whatever they want.

We have seen that in spades at Xpo because of greedy management. Xpo is almost completely union free so I’m not sure your point is valid. No offense . I watch in amazement how management here runs things into ground firsthand and they have the freedom to do whatever they want.
What he doesn't know that to save money on the new trailer they did finish putting the quote on the side of the trailer.
Under were it says "Your Freight First" it was to also say "Employees Last"

I've been following the history between the IBT and Yellow for the last 15 years or so and I've drawn a conclusion. I don't think the union BA's care a whole lot about the members best interests. I think the loyalty of the BA's lies with their bosses to keep the dues money rolling in and union members are little more than the means to that end. I think those who claim to protect you and your interests are playing you for chumps. Think about the difference between how the company gets paid vs how the union gets paid.

A trucking company generates revenue from customers by moving freight from point A to point B regardless of whether or not its labor force is organized. If the customer becomes unhappy with the service, they go somewhere else. The company has to deliver a modicum of quality to the customer in order to survive. Teamster Inc, on the other hand, isn't subjected to the same market forces the company is. They get their money from dues that will roll in regardless of the quality of service provided to the membership because that's the agreement that was made long ago when enough past employees voted the union in. As long as members are employed, Teamster Inc. will continue to thrive and they aren't going to let your interests come between their interest in the company's long term survival. You're not getting your money's worth from your collective bargaining agent because they don't have to care about you in order to get paid.

Start a company wide push for union de-certification and see what happens because nothing gets the attention of a company than the threat of losing customers.
I would not go so far as to call for decertification of the union, but I have posted and advocated many times on this board for a federal right to work law. You are correct. The Teamsters union IS big business and big business requires revenue. The only way to hold your union accountable is through their funding. If members feel that they are well represented, they will gladly pay dues. If the union reps are not doing the job they are paid to do, the members should have the right refuse to pay them. It's all about accountability.