XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

This is not left or right, but merely facts.
The Keystone Pipeline was being built to ship shale oil from Canada to The Gulf Of Mexico to be shipped to China. Shale oil is the sludge of the oil commodities market. American refineries do not want to process, and refine it when there is brent crude available. Building the pipeline will take 2,000 workers two years to build. After that, there will be 35 permanent jobs manning the pumping stations, and checking for, and repairing leaks.
That oil is already being shipped. How? By truckers, and railroad workers, keeping them employed, along with the truck stop workers, mechanics, motel workers, restaurant workers, filling station workers, etc. who man the trucking networks. The pipeline would cut out the need for thousands of truck drivers, and the other workers I mentioned in the trucking network.
The pipeline also crosses the largest aquafer in the United States, and if a break occurs at that point, drinking water for thousands of miles will be undrinkable. You talk about 5 dollars a gallon for gas? How about 30 dollars a gallon for water?
The pipeline serves one purpose, and one alone. That is to increase profits for the oil companies. It will eliminate thousands of jobs in doing so, but it is made to look as if killing the pipeline will kill jobs. Think about it critically. It is a corporate lie.

I really don't care what anyone does or post on here, it's the internet and I bet someone with 2 or more names happens more then what me or you think.
So if you don't like the corruption or what Biden has done, why focus on people that's been banned on here, instead of pointing out that you agree with me on some things. Just like the Democrats putting Trump on trial for impeachment after he's left office, if they just stopped putting him in the limelight of a trial he'd fade away instead of keeping his name and attention on him which he probably likes since he's been banned from social media.
When you have duel IP address is totally trying to push a agenda.... you should be thankful your still here....

The Keystone Pipeline was being built to ship shale oil from Canada to The Gulf Of Mexico to be shipped to China. Shale oil is the sludge of the oil commodities market. American refineries do not want to process, and refine it when there is brent crude available. Building the pipeline will take 2,000 workers two years to build. After that, there will be 35 permanent jobs manning the pumping stations, and checking for, and repairing leaks.
That oil is already being shipped. How? By truckers, and railroad workers, keeping them employed, along with the truck stop workers, mechanics, motel workers, restaurant workers, filling station workers, etc. who man the trucking networks. The pipeline would cut out the need for thousands of truck drivers, and the other workers I mentioned in the trucking network.
The pipeline also crosses the largest aquafer in the United States, and if a break occurs at that point, drinking water for thousands of miles will be undrinkable. You talk about 5 dollars a gallon for gas? How about 30 dollars a gallon for water?
The pipeline serves one purpose, and one alone. That is to increase profits for the oil companies. It will eliminate thousands of jobs in doing so, but it is made to look as if killing the pipeline will kill jobs. Think about it critically. It is a corporate lie.
Good to see you here....I miss your thoughtful and intelligent posts...

So you disagree with the Teamsters when they say they are disappointed that Biden stopped the pipeline?https://teamster.org/2021/01/teamsters-statement-on-cancelation-of-the-keystone-xl-pipeline/
I guess you don't care about the extra pollution and traffic that those thousands of extra trucks make that are needed to haul the oil.

I thought you normally agree with the Teamsters. I agree with the Teamsters with the statement they released on the pipeline.

Last edited:
So you disagree with the Teamsters when they say they are disappointed that Biden stopped the pipeline?https://teamster.org/2021/01/teamsters-statement-on-cancelation-of-the-keystone-xl-pipeline/
I guess you don't care about the extra pollution and traffic that those thousands of extra trucks make that are needed to haul the oil.

I thought you normally agree with the Teamsters. I agree with the Teamsters with the statement they released on the pipeline.
I agree with what I feel is right...no matter who expresses the thought. You seem to agree with anything that expresses what you already believe. The Teamsters statement was released for political purposes. It follows that anyone who believes the Teamsters statement also thinks that the senators and congressmen really believed the presidential election was rigged.

How has the company stepped up their efforts?
They are pressuring individuals at certified barns to initiate a decertification petition. Usually, they'll find a driver who has one foot out the door and the other on a banana peel to rustle up interest in the decertification process in return for favored employee status. It's going on right now. When the NLRB is restored to it's original purpose, which is to protect the rights of employees and employers and to encourage collective bargaining in the workplace, XPO will have a much more difficult task before them. This new administration is the reason why the two terminals that decertified are seriously considering jumping back on the train. It's also why the remaining certified terminals have renewed hope that more terminals may see the light in the near future.
Good to see you here....I miss your thoughtful and intelligent posts...
Thanks, I try my best.

I think I did agree with you when I said you should point out bad actors....but for some reason you can't or won't agree with me that someone who tries to be deceptive on here is morally bankrupt. You wanted me to call out Biden and I did but you refuse to answer my simple question. As far as Trump and his impeachment it is political football....which is the sport of choice in DC.....

It's my personal opinion the entire world is morally bankrupt. Not just one or two bad actors. We all play our part in this song and dance.

LOL restaurants and hotels. The government has destroyed those peoples lives.

To be properly carbon neutral we need to eliminate all occupations. Give me my universal basic income. Abolish capitalism NOW !!!

I agree with what I feel is right...no matter who expresses the thought. You seem to agree with anything that expresses what you already believe. The Teamsters statement was released for political purposes. It follows that anyone who believes the Teamsters statement also thinks that the senators and congressmen really believed the presidential election was rigged.

Every election is rigged. From who wins the conventions. To who is allowed to be on the ballot. To who counts the votes. To how they are counted. You are naïve to believe in fair an honest elections. The same software used on this election has been used openly, repeatedly around the world to control foreign elections. If you are capable of believing our government would do this to another nation .... why are you hesitant to believe they would use it here ????

They are pressuring individuals at certified barns to initiate a decertification petition. Usually, they'll find a driver who has one foot out the door and the other on a banana peel to rustle up interest in the decertification process in return for favored employee status. It's going on right now. When the NLRB is restored to it's original purpose, which is to protect the rights of employees and employers and to encourage collective bargaining in the workplace, XPO will have a much more difficult task before them. This new administration is the reason why the two terminals that decertified are seriously considering jumping back on the train. It's also why the remaining certified terminals have renewed hope that more terminals may see the light in the near future.

Thanks, I try my best.

I am 100% pro union. Being anti union is an act of violence against your co-workers and their families. Abolish capitalism NOW !!!

The Keystone Pipeline was being built to ship shale oil from Canada to The Gulf Of Mexico to be shipped to China.
Why would a company spend Billions of dollars to build a pipeline that would run from Alberta Ca to the gulf to ship oil to China???? When they can have it shipped off the west coast. Also that phase has bee completed since 2012. I didn't know Nebraska was on the coast.
By truckers, and railroad workers, keeping them employed, along with the truck stop workers, mechanics, motel workers, restaurant workers, filling station workers, etc. who man the trucking networks. The pipeline would cut out the need for thousands of truck drivers, and the other workers I mentioned in the trucking network.
So we burn more fuel so we have to drill for more fuel just to move the fuel. It is really be already moved by pipelines that are already in place including completed phase of the XL
Building the pipeline will take 2,000 workers two years to build.
Howing a job for 2yrs is better then no job right now