XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

We’re we left is all ABF and yellow employees with 12 years or less pay 135.00 a week into central states fund and will never see a dime of that money back. Work 4 years for 1year credit.
So join the team and donate to the teamster’s union.
I’m off till the new year in my class A diesel on a Republican state tour.

We’re we left is all ABF and yellow employees with 12 years or less pay 135.00 a week into central states fund and will never see a dime of that money back. Work 4 years for 1year credit.
May be true for Yellow employees, but here at ABF, we currently have roughly $342.00 per week paid in on our behalf (CSPF). For the year ending 2020, I had $17,784.00 paid in on my behalf for that calendar year.

I don't know where Mr. Spy gets his info (perhaps his crystal ball needs a tune up), but the Central States fund is solvent through 2051..so if you retire before that you will receive your pension...I have no idea if they will be sovent after that date but fyi neither does he....last I had heard Central States was closed to new companies joining....there are several other funds besides CS....
Crystal Ball GIF by Fall Out Boy

I think it’s funny that you think central states is funded till 2051.
144 million tax payers aren’t going to fund a Teamster Ponzi scheme for 400,000 Democrat retirees and will be repealed in 2022 by a Republican congress and senate.
Can’t ask your neighbors to pay for your retirement not going to happen. XPO employees don’t want to pay for your retirement.

I don't know where Mr. Spy gets his info (perhaps his crystal ball needs a tune up), but the Central States fund is solvent through 2051..so if you retire before that you will receive your pension...I have no idea if they will be sovent after that date but fyi neither does he....last I had heard Central States was closed to new companies joining....there are several other funds besides CS....
Same place the union busters do .

I think it’s funny that you think central states is funded till 2051.
144 million tax payers aren’t going to fund a Teamster Ponzi scheme for 400,000 Democrat retirees and will be repealed in 2022 by a Republican congress and senate.
Can’t ask your neighbors to pay for your retirement not going to happen. XPO employees don’t want to pay for your retirement.
I doubt that will happen, check your crystal ball some more...the congress can't agree on much, they have more important things than to go back for 86 B....or do you mean like how they repealed Obamacare???...how did that work out???...nobody is paying for my retirement....my fund has no insolvency date....

Guess it wasn’t such a good idea voting your pension away. At least you have your seniority & vacation….

Why is it that people seem to think if your company goes union you're automatically in the central states plan? Any number of union companies aren't in it.
The persuaders that Xpo hires push that line of thought. They also tell drivers in their captive meetings that money from everyones union dues goes to that troubled fund which is not even possible. They want people to believe the only reason the Teamsters are looking for new members is to bail out that fund. Unfortunately many people buy into it without doing research.

Just so everyone knows Xpo working behind the seens with a group called National Right to work Foundation has filed a complaint to have workers at XTJ not have to pay union dues at that location. Xpo can not openly do this so the group ( which they support) has started the drive to file the complaint .

Tha National Right to Work foundation is a charitable organization. I guess we can safely assume Xpo Han made donations.

Mr. Spy's crystal ball is -15%

Just so everyone knows Xpo working behind the seens with a group called National Right to work Foundation has filed a complaint to have workers at XTJ not have to pay union dues at that location. Xpo can not openly do this so the group ( which they support) has started the drive to file the complaint .
The Union also has a right to charge a “service “ fee, which is usually 1cent less than dues

There is no defense for it.....but as I said before both sides suck....neither party has my allegiance...... The last 10 years or so I hold my nose and vote for the candidate who I feel will do the least amount of damage to the country.....its very sad what has happened to our country....neither side cares about the middle class, that is why it has shrunk to be nearly non existent.....
Unfortunately as I look this site over anyone who supports a Democrat is vilified. I’m not a liberal but I personally believe that the Democrat Party is probably more pro union than most Grand Old Party members and supporters. I agree with you that neither party gives a darn about the middle class. Trump’s decided to give the top 1% a bigger piece of the pie. Then again Biden’s plan had more fat than meat. Seriously though from my newbie status here and my views of different forums before I joined and since has me firmly convinced you don’t want to get to involved in politics here. Unlike most of the United States this site is very Red which will keep me from getting to involved. That one forum supposedly supporting our military is just so not about the military it’s disgusting. My suggestion to anyone not a Trump supporter is to stay clear of that forum. I do support your response though. 100%

Unfortunately as I look this site over anyone who supports a Democrat is vilified. I’m not a liberal but I personally believe that the Democrat Party is probably more pro union than most Grand Old Party members and supporters. I agree with you that neither party gives a darn about the middle class. Trump’s decided to give the top 1% a bigger piece of the pie. Then again Biden’s plan had more fat than meat. Seriously though from my newbie status here and my views of different forums before I joined and since has me firmly convinced you don’t want to get to involved in politics here. Unlike most of the United States this site is very Red which will keep me from getting to involved. That one forum supposedly supporting our military is just so not about the military it’s disgusting. My suggestion to anyone not a Trump supporter is to stay clear of that forum. I do support your response though. 100%
Based on this chart, I'm not surprised at the conclusion you've drawn. It seems according to this dataset that people in the transportation business lean GOP with truck drivers leading the way. http://verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/index.html

Based on this chart, I'm not surprised at the conclusion you've drawn. It seems according to this dataset that people in the transportation business lean GOP with truck drivers leading the way. http://verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/index.html
Actually wasn’t it ConWay which broke the union and Consolidated Freight? Then over the past couple years ConWay employees were trying to organize. Then the XPO thing arrives eliminating ConWay. Eventually the Teamsters will get these guy’s back on board. Hopefully These companies virtually offering nothing but a paycheck will become a thing of the past. Golden parachutes for guy’s not making the bacon needs to be scrutinized and eliminated.