XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

People trying to change things for the better are lacking backbone. 10-4, chief. Lmao.

If you want to make things better. Stop supporting garbage companies and working for them. These companies can’t exist if people don’t participate. Wal-mart. Amazon. Oh they are horrible ! But people still work and shop there. If they are so bad …. Why ? They get away with what they do because people need something to complain about. Same as XPO.

Con-way is dead.

People trying to change things for the better are lacking backbone. 10-4, chief. Lmao.
Why won’t you just conform ! It’s guys like you that keep persuaders in business.
Just buy into the company line .
Conform !!!

Thats not a defense of your claim, thats just some laws that favor workers. Your claim was that workers are protected more by laws than corporations. Defend it.

That's not a fact, that's a claim. Support that most companies are doing this and defend it.

Your own justification for the laws proves my entire argument. Thanks.

Also how did a nicely written explanation become a rant? Lmao

In 2010 McDonald's had 400k employees. By 2018 that number was down to 200k. They released their full service app in 2017 and began installing kiosks in 2018. In 2010 their profits were 9.6B, in 2021 it was 12.5B.

In looking at ABF threads, they say ABF pays for their medical. It's included in their compensation package. I don't know how accurate your claim of the union paying for their insurance is.

In 2010 McDonald's had 400k employees. By 2018 that number was down to 200k. They released their full service app in 2017 and began installing kiosks in 2018. In 2010 their profits were 9.6B, in 2021 it was 12.5B.

In looking at ABF threads, they say ABF pays for their medical. It's included in their compensation package. I don't know how accurate your claim of the union paying for their insurance is.
The Union does not pay for the Health & Welfare, the company (ABF) does. The Union negotiates the amount to be paid by the employer for our Health & Welfare coverage. The Union also negotiates the amount to be paid contractually by the Employer for our pension. Without the Union negotiating these things, I seriously doubt that the Employer would willingly pay what they do for our Pension and Health & Welfare benefits. Here in the Southern Region Supplement, ABF currently pays just shy of $800.00 a week for our Pension and H&W contributions. Someone like me that has a wife with type 1 diabetes, the Health & Welfare package is a game changer.

The Union does not pay for the Health & Welfare, the company (ABF) does. The Union negotiates the amount to be paid by the employer for our Health & Welfare coverage. The Union also negotiates the amount to be paid contractually by the Employer for our pension. Without the Union negotiating these things, I seriously doubt that the Employer would willingly pay what they do for our Pension and Health & Welfare benefits. Here in the Southern Region Supplement, ABF currently pays just shy of $800.00 a week for our Pension and H&W contributions. Someone like me that has a wife with type 1 diabetes, the Health & Welfare package is a game changer.

Thank you for the clarification.

Money is dead. It has no value. Give me money. Lol

UBI is not money. It’s government housing. Government cell phone. Carton of milk. Loaf of bread. Block of cheese.

By 2030 you will own nothing. And the few who do will be taxed until they don’t. WEF. Klais Schwab.

They already own everything you think you have. Including your freedom and your body. You never even put up a fight. Just gave it all away.

Why won’t you just conform ! It’s guys like you that keep persuaders in business.
Just buy into the company line .
Conform !!!

If you believed any of your message. You wouldn’t work at XPO. Not that anyone believes that you specifically do. You have been called out on that over and over.

Interesting your talk disparagingly about conforming. Have you ever worked in a union shop ? You will conform. You will.

But there are so-called "right to work" laws in something like 20-25 states.

These laws do, in fact, in effect, actually prevent unions from being formed. Not only do these inherently unjust laws prevent unions from forming, they also cause harm to existing unions and puts financial and other resources pressures on them to force them to fold.

And there are more laws out there as well, the so-called "right to work" laws are just thr most visible and most brazen.
Ah yes the Right To Work Law or better know as " Taff-Hartley Act of 1947"
What is so shocking, for some of not so much, that when it passed the Congress it was vetoed by Truman. Then when it went back to Congress even more Democrats voted to overturn Truman's veto. 106 out of 177 in the house and 20 out of the 42 in the senate.
Thought they were for the working man?????

In a myriad of ways. In the simplest example, the laws require unions to provide benefits to non-union workers (who don't pay dues). Including the full range of collectively bargained contract items up to and including grievance representation - things which the free rider did not contribute to either by effort or dues paying. All of this is also used as a lever to prevent unions from forming in the first place as well.
Well they are union workers, just not due paying ones . They still have to follow the contract and from what I understand when a contract comes up for vote they get no vote. So not paying dues means they have no voice in the contract. They are just stuck with what the members vote for.

If you believed any of your message. You wouldn’t work at XPO. Not that anyone believes that you specifically do. You have been called out on that over and over.

Interesting your talk disparagingly about conforming. Have you ever worked in a union shop ? You will conform. You will.
Yet they are the ones calling us out. Those that have worked here for years are the main reason the unions shops were closing. They talk about the glory day of CCX/Con-way yet the laugh at us. They are the ones saying management does not have your best interest yet when you ask why they didn't get a contact back in the day the reply is " We didn't need one" They also forget during the Teamster strike were the members of this same union was standing outside there fence calling them scabs.

These guys can’t grasp the value of H&W package.