XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

The biggest problem with unions was and is they are behind the times
Re-read post #879 this was already addressed. You have no clue how the work rules changed over the last few contracts, I can tell you first hand they are in favor of the company. The most common phrase I hear is “you can’t tell the company how to run their business” that one phrase covers the company in many aspects….

Re-read post #879 this was already addressed. You have no clue how the work rules changed over the last few contracts, I can tell you first hand they are in favor of the company. The most common phrase I hear is “you can’t tell the company how to run their business” that one phrase covers the company in many aspects….
Truth

No one but you is implying he is. Why are you pretending to not know what Fly-by-night and I are saying in our responses to you? Your deflection is just making you look foolish. You and I are on the same page, wanting Union representation to grow and wanting the nons to see the benefits of modern union representation. You're not helping the cause with your posts where you refuse to acknowledge reality.
What am I deflecting? I could care less about republican/ democrat nonsense. All I’m saying is Rubio wrote that article to score political points. That’s it no more no less I don’t know why both of you can’t see that. I got less then 5 years to go if the union % is falling there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

What am I deflecting? I could care less about republican/ democrat nonsense. All I’m saying is Rubio wrote that article to score political points. That’s it no more no less I don’t know why both of you can’t see that. I got less then 5 years to go if the union % is falling there is not a damn thing I can do about it.
There you go again, you can't see the forest for the trees can you? It doesn't matter who wrote the article, it's about the truthfulness/accuracy of the content. You keep refusing to accept that premise and continue to focus on who the author is or why they wrote it. That is what we're talking about. Concentrate on what they said, not who said it, and refute what they said if you don't agree with it. That's how we can an intelligent give and take over topics here.

There you go again, you can't see the forest for the trees can you? It doesn't matter who wrote the article, it's about the truthfulness/accuracy of the content. You keep refusing to accept that premise and continue to focus on who the author is or why they wrote it. That is what we're talking about. Concentrate on what they said, not who said it, and refute what they said if you don't agree with it. That's how we can an intelligent give and take over topics here.
You win….I concede

Were did I say work rules? But if you want to talk about work rules then here we go.
For one I don't want to hear you bi1ch about your work rules or company following you on camera. You voted for the contract we didn't. You have no problem reminding us that we have no vote or say. If you voted NO well the 50% +1 voted yes that's the way your system works.
Work rule come into effect by mostly action of the employees both union and non. I remember when the day before and day after a holiday was being added to company policies. Why you ask? The action of the employees. Call-off, being late, stealing, and many other have been added to union and company policy because of the action of employees.
It seem in the past few contracts, as you state, they are catching up. For years they keep there head in the sand and not until CF closed did they look up and see what was happening. By then it was to late.
When we sit here and say the union has little to no power ask yourself this. How many of the guys you work with go out on strike for a month or 2 months? Most would even make it a week.
Just look at the union track record here at XPO. To my knowledge 8 barn have vote for the union. 2 have contracts, 1 doesn't and 5 have decertified.

Attack or rebut the message, not the messenger.
I understand what you are saying here, but I also know that when you have a president of one party and a senator of another disagreeing on something that is the others base I smell a rat, kind of like how I would feel if the Republicans were in power and they put out 2nd amendment restrictions and AOC came out with a "better" idea....I read the article and he is very light on what his bill says....I need more info and no time right now to research it....I don't agree that it is attacking the messenger...I have read these boards for years and that is a new one to me and I have seen many famous people and politicians attacked without anybody coming to the rescue of the attacked party...some people will dismiss out of hand an article because it didn't come from an "approved" source, and that's lefties and righties...

I understand what you are saying here, but I also know that when you have a president of one party and a senator of another disagreeing on something that is the others base I smell a rat, kind of like how I would feel if the Republicans were in power and they put out 2nd amendment restrictions and AOC came out with a "better" idea....I read the article and he is very light on what his bill says....I need more info and no time right now to research it....I don't agree that it is attacking the messenger...I have read these boards for years and that is a new one to me and I have seen many famous people and politicians attacked without anybody coming to the rescue of the attacked party...some people will dismiss out of hand an article because it didn't come from an "approved" source, and that's lefties and righties...
My friend, I stand by my statement with no conditions attached. I certainly have my own biases but I try hard to respond to content and not personally attack the author. I may not be perfect in that regard but if we all avoided personal attacks and simply responded to post content and agreed to disagree when appropriate, we would all be better off. Just saying. :idunno:

So I went to Rubio's website and found this..

The Teamwork for Employees and Managers (TEAM) Act:

• Provides new authority for employees and employers to establish voluntary Employee Involvement Organizations (EIOs) to discuss workplace issues;
  • Clarifies that an EIO may be established and dissolved by mutual consent between employers and employees, is not authorized to engage in or negotiate collective bargaining agreements with employers, and does not preclude employees from forming a labor union;
  • Ensures that violations of EIO-related provisions shall be adjudicated in the U.S. court system, and not by the National Labor Relations Board; and
  • Provides EIO members at companies with more than $1 billion in yearly gross revenues with the opportunity to elect a representative to serve as a nonvoting member on the company’s board of directors.
To me its a bunch of fluff that solves little and likely causes more problems than it fixes...the EIO doesn't engage in or negotiate anything collectively.... violations would have to go through the court system which would open up more problems with a billion dollar company, which has all the money in the world to fight against the employees in the courts and through appeals...and they would give the employees a NON voting member on the company's board of directors....sounds like a bunch of fluff to me...

Also in Rubio's real clear politics article he quotes two people but doesn't say where he got the quotes, I would like to read what the person said and not just one line...context matters....most newsworthy articles will give you footnotes on where they lifted quotes... here is what I'm talking about...

Don’t take my word for it – take the word of Jon Hiatt, the former general counsel at the American Federation of Labor & Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), who says that union organizers are “blowing [their] opportunity” to capitalize on the growing needs and wants of workers. Or take the word of Director Kate Bronfenbrenner of Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations, who readily states that “the labor movement [is] organizing the same way they always have” in an economy desperate for change.

* Actually I was wrong on one point about where he got them, it was an axios article....but that article doesn't elaborate or give any context to the quotes...

Last edited:
My friend, I stand by my statement with no conditions attached. I certainly have my own biases but I try hard to respond to content and not personally attack the author. I may not be perfect in that regard but if we all avoided personal attacks and simply responded to post content and agreed to disagree when appropriate, we would all be better off. Just saying. :idunno:
Your full of it & made it political….

So I went to Rubio's website and found this..

The Teamwork for Employees and Managers (TEAM) Act:

• Provides new authority for employees and employers to establish voluntary Employee Involvement Organizations (EIOs) to discuss workplace issues;
  • Clarifies that an EIO may be established and dissolved by mutual consent between employers and employees, is not authorized to engage in or negotiate collective bargaining agreements with employers, and does not preclude employees from forming a labor union;
  • Ensures that violations of EIO-related provisions shall be adjudicated in the U.S. court system, and not by the National Labor Relations Board; and
  • Provides EIO members at companies with more than $1 billion in yearly gross revenues with the opportunity to elect a representative to serve as a nonvoting member on the company’s board of directors.
To me its a bunch of fluff that solves little and likely causes more problems than it fixes...the EIO doesn't engage in or negotiate anything collectively.... violations would have to go through the court system which would open up more problems with a billion dollar company, which has all the money in the world to fight against the employees in the courts and through appeals...and they would give the employees a NON voting member on the company's board of directors....sounds like a bunch of fluff to me...

It’s just a means to give employees the “feeling” the have a say without the bite/power to effect change . It allows Republican’s to say we’re for the working guy without engaging in the dangerous water of backing unions. FLUFF .

Also in Rubio's real clear politics article he quotes two people but doesn't say where he got the quotes, I would like to read what the person said and not just one line...context matters....most newsworthy articles will give you footnotes on where they lifted quotes... here is what I'm talking about...

Don’t take my word for it – take the word of Jon Hiatt, the former general counsel at the American Federation of Labor & Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), who says that union organizers are “blowing [their] opportunity” to capitalize on the growing needs and wants of workers. Or take the word of Director Kate Bronfenbrenner of Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations, who readily states that “the labor movement [is] organizing the same way they always have” in an economy desperate for change.

* Actually I was wrong on one point about where he got them, it was an axios article....but that article doesn't elaborate or give any context to the quotes...
Amen to a level headed moderator….