XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

Totally unsafe suggestion and no offense but it surprised me coming from a safety instructor. Hold our guys on the docks longer ? When is it enough ? Work a 16 hr day ? Your kidding right ? No wonder you question unionization. I hope your not hearing this from managers as a suggestion .
Such a manager response. Lost a lot of respect for you scotch. Your not a driver imo.

A lot of what we are seeing is a direct result of just in time inventory and industries reliance on a supply chain that is fully staffed nationwide. Also the combined problem of the consistent drive or race to the bottom in driver compensation. The combination of just in inventory and real time falling wages created this problem. Covid and disruption caused by it only exasperated the problem. I think that allowing drivers to work around the clock would only alleviate the situation temporarily and still leave long term problems unsolved . Until the industry recognizes the underlying problems of driver recruiting and retention you can expect more of the same.

None taken. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with my ideas.
The way I look at it is I would not want my wife or kids or anybody else on the road with drivers that have worked a 16 hour day on a continuous basis. Studies have shown that driving while fatigued is equivalent to driving under the influence of alcohol. I also believe I also believe that we are at the maximum amount of hours currently that we should be at.

I was a Teamster but don’t claim them now that I found out they are a Ponzi scheme. After 36 years I don’t pay dues and they screw you over like they did everyone in central states pension fund.
You’ll get the same work rules you have now but give them a piece of your check for nothing.
I tell my story to 10 or 12 city drivers a week I see out in the city.
Teamsters are done and can only organize garbage truck drivers and taxi cabs.
Vote No or you’ll die working like the YELLOW FREIGHT workers.

I work at Yellow/Holland almost everyone I know loves Trump.
I like Trump but still upset he gave Yellow money to stay in business after Yellow has screwed over 25,000 workers for 11 years.
Yellow and the Teamsters are a disgrace to humanity.
They both need to be wiped out of business but respect what XPO workers decide.

I’ll freeze what little pension I get after 36 years in April now that health care dot gov has better insurance then central states does, zero co pays and 600 dollar max hospital stay 53 dollars a month.
Teamsters were respected like doctors now they are glorified fast food workers.

I like Trump but still upset he gave Yellow money to stay in business after Yellow has screwed over 25,000 workers for 11 years.
Yellow and the Teamsters are a disgrace to humanity.
They both need to be wiped out of business but respect what XPO workers decide.

I’ll freeze what little pension I get after 36 years in April now that health care dot gov has better insurance then central states does, zero co pays and 600 dollar max hospital stay 53 dollars a month.
Teamsters were respected like doctors now they are glorified fast food workers.
It seems to me a guy who is unhappy with an organization would quit and get away from it all. What I find disgraceful is a man going to work being miserable and doing that very same thing everyday... Life is too short to live like that.

It seems to me a guy who is unhappy with an organization would quit and get away from it all. What I find disgraceful is a man going to work being miserable and doing that very same thing everyday... Life is too short to live like that.
What part of April don’t you understand? Not unhappy because I don’t need the job just telling it like it is.
They’ll never organize another trucking company, central states was a Ponzi scheme and government money put in won’t last 20 years because they are thief's.
Even Alabama Amazon workers were smart enough to send the teamster’s packing.

What part of April don’t you understand? Not unhappy because I don’t need the job just telling it like it is.
They’ll never organize another trucking company, central states was a Ponzi scheme and government money put in won’t last 20 years because they are thief's.
Even Alabama Amazon workers were smart enough to send the teamster’s packing.
You are too much....while I do feel bad for everyone in the Central States mess you act like it's a big surprise...writing has been on the wall for years...you say that what little pension you will get...not a surprise there either, you voted to cut your own pension 75% and your wages 15%....you could have moved on to a company that pays in full, like myself and many others have....but you didn't, you chose to destroy freight purposely and cry on TB....and lastly...you didn't just start complaining now, you have been whining for years so that is what I was referring to....have a nice fork freight friday tomorrow.....SMDH

But OV-10 is doing it. So what's the difference

But OV-10 is doing it. So what's the difference
You are a smart guy so I can't believe I'm answering this....OV is doing what he thinks is going to be best for himself and his coworkers, he has never to my knowledge said he hated his job or did things to get "even" with his employer....Mr. Spy says he hates everyone basically and destroys freight on purpose....that is criminal...he might be hurting Yellow a bit by doing that but he is really hurting the customer....just think the small business man who ships a pallet worth a grand via Yellow, Spy destroys it and what does Yellow pay the guy? Maybe $100 claim....I thought you were a law and order kind of guy, go back and read a couple of his posts you will see....I'm happy he is retiring soon...nobody needs somebody like him union or non...

You are a smart guy so I can't believe I'm answering this....OV is doing what he thinks is going to be best for himself and his coworkers, he has never to my knowledge said he hated his job or did things to get "even" with his employer....Mr. Spy says he hates everyone basically and destroys freight on purpose....that is criminal...he might be hurting Yellow a bit by doing that but he is really hurting the customer....just think the small business man who ships a pallet worth a grand via Yellow, Spy destroys it and what does Yellow pay the guy? Maybe $100 claim....I thought you were a law and order kind of guy, go back and read a couple of his posts you will see....I'm happy he is retiring soon...nobody needs somebody like him union or non...
I personally won’t respond to his post . If he is actually an employee and not someone just trying to stir up hate for unions ,he’s a bad one .Either way his action are child like and not worthy of response.

ABF in same boat don’t let him fool you, they lost early retirement, disability and everything yellow lost.
ABF will be cut 8% a year every year before 65 but maybe he in the western fund that is a lot better.
Good thing about the union I’ve seen fights, stealing, and people do nothing for 10 years and they still have a job.
I keep my forking to big companies like jet skis, new trailer roofs and non hazardous drums.
Yellow used bank influences to buy dept free companies and break them, I don’t get mad I get even.
You should do better research before posting. Unless something has changed that I am unaware of, here at ABF we can currently retire at age 57. For every year you are short of age 62 after 2003, you are penalized 6%. Not 8%. All contributions made on your behalf before 2004 are still paid at 100% at age 57.
And just out of curiosity, how are you getting even with the company by destroying freight? That is the customers freight, not Yellows!! And like 381 already stated, in most cases, the customer does not get back full value of what you purposely damaged. In the ABF Master contract (Article 10, Section 1.), the company can require you to pay for any damage to freight or property due to “willful gross negligent acts”. I am sure the Yellow Master has similar language.