XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

Another interesting pattern . Household income by state.

256F9B32-864D-4BDD-A534-A2A611E83C52.md.jpg
Are we pretending that 'cost of living' isn't a thing anymore? In states with a higher cost of living, people are necessarily going to need to earn more income just to afford the same lifestyle as someone in a red state, state with a lower cost of living.

Are we pretending that 'cost of living' isn't a thing anymore? In states with a higher cost of living, people are necessarily going to need to earn more income just to afford the same lifestyle as someone in a red state, state with a lower cost of living.
You mean the states with the high tax rates that people are leaving and moving to lower tax states......What color was that again

Companies are attacking unions. The unions have never been weaker financially or politically. The membership doesn't respect picket lines or support union businesses. Bunch of foreign car drivers shopping at Wal-mart crying about their pension.

Companies are attacking unions. The unions have never been weaker financially or politically. The membership doesn't respect picket lines or support union businesses. Bunch of foreign car drivers shopping at Wal-mart crying about their pension.
When the public reads that workers deliberately went on strike at a time that specifically and knowingly caused physical damage that hurts our cause IMHO. Striking is meant to put financial pressure on a company, not physical damage. I don't understand the thinking in this situation, we need more public support not less. Just my opinion, fire away.

When the public reads that workers deliberately went on strike at a time that specifically and knowingly caused physical damage that hurts our cause IMHO. Striking is meant to put financial pressure on a company, not physical damage. I don't understand the thinking in this situation, we need more public support not less. Just my opinion, fire away.

It starts within. I think the union has gone rotten. Maybe it's just the times.

Glad to see you & the other union hater keeping the thread alive. At this point I don’t think anyone really cares to argue the same points over & over….

The Teamsters are done in trucking. Truckers with whiskers have no trust in the Teamster halls. Young truckers have no idea what Teamsters is because organizers are useless . Hoffa Jr. helped put the final nail in the Teamsters / trucker relationship.

This person is on my ignore list. I will assume personal attacks against me were made while nothing was said about the subject or the post.
This this laughable, If you have someone on ignore how in the hell do you know who it is Karen….Sorry I meant Ken

Last edited:
There was a time working people had their heads bashed in for voting yes to union representation. Union members at that time fought the good fight. I am grateful.
Joining a union now for most young truck drivers is self destructive. The work rules are outdated and remove opportunities for young people to get ahead. I know the union guys on this board will bash everything I say. I understand.
The facts still remain. The working person on large distrusts today's unions.

There was a time working people had their heads bashed in for voting yes to union representation. Union members at that time fought the good fight. I am grateful.
Joining a union now for most young truck drivers is self destructive. The work rules are outdated and remove opportunities for young people to get ahead. I know the union guys on this board will bash everything I say. I understand.
Your posts are outdated, work rules have changed drastically over the last few contracts. Not to mention they follow us all day on the camera & can use them for disciplinary action. It bird me up when they say union drivers are lazy, I work my ass off along with 95% of my co-workers….

I think most union guys on here won't bash you for what you just said....you get bashed usually because you come in with a chip on your shoulder basically calling union members losers and democrats...you have even bashed union guys on a thread that no one was even talking about unions...I personally don't care if anyone likes unions or not, that is until I feel as though they are dishonestly misrepresenting unions....that being said your posts are usually light on facts or at the very least light on information.... tell me how joining a union is destructive for a young truck driver...how does a union remove opportunities for young people to get ahead? How are work rules outdated? What facts did you just state that remain? Where is the link that tells me that the working person doesn't trust today's unions? Here is a recent Gallup poll stating the opposite....