XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They cant close a terminal for at least one year after the vote, they can try to run freight around it, etc Half of XPO is already Union.

And we see years later yes votes without contracts. One year is nothing. And yeah, the European half. The laws over here favor the corporations.

Enough. If you two have an issue with each other, take it to pm. And congrats for taking the thread sideways in a day. Cut the ::shit:: out. Politics belong in the politics section. Enough.

Someone, somewhere has got to run into an FAC with XAU drivers. Is there anyone out there with first hand or even second hand information?

Someone, somewhere has got to run into an FAC with XAU drivers. Is there anyone out there with first hand or even second hand information?

I do. Like we have talked about. They ain't interested in grand standing or whatever. At least not the guys I run into. They are being very smart and very quiet. Their voice is their vote and they voted yes. Of course, I'm on vacation this week so no fresh first hand encounters.

Enough. If you two have an issue with each other, take it to pm. And congrats for taking the thread sideways in a day. Cut the :::shit::: out. Politics belong in the politics section. Enough.

I have added him to my ignore. Some people can't be civil. When talking about the union things like the election and the NLRB and whatever act it is that keeps us from getting OT and trade agreements and sending all our jobs out of the country and so on come into play among other things that are government enacted come into discussions. Whether you consider those discussions political ones or not, they are topical union discussions as well. Many union supporters will say what's wrong with this country is that the government does x y or z and then out the other side of their mouth claim that they have the union advantage of x y or z.

In my opinion, this paradox is what has truly destroyed Americas middle class and crushed the unions. People feel above supporting the causes that support them. Whether that be with money or effort or at the polls etc.

So when flybynight says he feels small terminals fear being closed if they vote yes and someone responds the government won't let them close terminals and then I respond the government isn't looking out for you like you think they are. Validating or agreeing with the statement flybynight made. That doesn't belong in this discussion ? It's a political discussion or is it directly relevant to this union discussion ?

I understand the banter with me and another user being removed. The politics belong in the politics section is murky.

I have added him to my ignore. Some people can't be civil. When talking about the union things like the election and the NLRB and whatever act it is that keeps us from getting OT and trade agreements and sending all our jobs out of the country and so on come into play among other things that are government enacted come into discussions. Whether you consider those discussions political ones or not, they are topical union discussions as well. Many union supporters will say what's wrong with this country is that the government does x y or z and then out the other side of their mouth claim that they have the union advantage of x y or z.

" In my opinion, this paradox is what has truly destroyed Americas middle class and crushed the unions. People feel above supporting the causes that support them. Whether that be with money or effort or at the polls etc. "

This opinion of yours above makes me wonder?
The Teamsters have set the standard in the LTL industry which you enjoy those benefits today. But your above supporting the cause. Kind of like talking out of both sides of your month don't you think ?

So when flybynight says he feels small terminals fear being closed if they vote yes and someone responds the government won't let them close terminals and then I respond the government isn't looking out for you like you think they are. Validating or agreeing with the statement flybynight made. That doesn't belong in this discussion ? It's a political discussion or is it directly relevant to this union discussion ?

The conversation only gets political when you must bring in the law's to defend your rights. That may or may not be violated by either side.
Last I checked both sides still have the right to their day in court.

I understand the banter with me and another user being removed. The politics belong in the politics section is murky.

Strongly disagree that the teamsters are setting the standard in LTL. This isn't 30 years ago. Benefits are not what they were 30 years ago.

OD leads by an amazing low operating ratio. FedEx leads by volume and revenue. They both get paid better than I do.

Strongly disagree that the teamsters are setting the standard in LTL. This isn't 30 years ago. Benefits are not what they were 30 years ago.

OD leads by an amazing low operating ratio. FedEx leads by volume and revenue. They both get paid better than I do.

I will listen to what the union says and then might only believe half of that. I have had union driving jobs in fact 2 of them. I have listen to the union say we will take care of you when the doors were closing only to be left out in the cold.
I talked to a lot of former union members that have had the same bad taste left in there month from the union.
I believe the union will have a long hard fight not just with the company but more the employees themselves.
I heard what our local union has to say and in the back of my mind I remember hearing this same music before.
That's my take on this whole union thing

• I will listen to what the union says and then might only believe half of that. I have had union driving jobs in fact 2 of them. I have listen to the union say we will take care of you when the doors were closing only to be left out in the cold.
    I talked to a lot of former union members that have had the same bad taste left in there month from the union.
    I believe the union will have a long hard fight not just with the company but more the employees themselves.
    I heard what our local union has to say and in the back of my mind I remember hearing this same music before.
    If your terminal ever has a vote then vote no, nobody is holding a gun to your head. You are now starting to see that not everyone has it made at xpo like the majority that post here. In fact it's looking like the complete opposite, & the employees are willing to call xpo's bluff on the union busting scare tactics . No one cares anymore these jobs are a dime a dozen....

• If your terminal ever has a vote then vote no, nobody is holding a gun to your head. You are now starting to see that not everyone has it made at xpo like the majority that post here. In fact it's looking like the complete opposite, & the employees are willing to call xpo's bluff on the union busting scare tactics . No one cares anymore these jobs are a dime a dozen....

Well if these jobs are a dime a dozen then I guess the one that feel they don't have it made must be having trouble finding the door. No ones holding a gun to their head keeping them here.

I expressed my views in the union and my experience on dealing with the union.

So when the union says the company is using union busting tactics how is that different from what the union says about the company?

Well if these jobs are a dime a dozen then I guess the one that feel they don't have it made must be having trouble finding the door. No ones holding a gun to their head keeping them here.

So when the union says the company is using union busting tactics how is that different from what the union says about the company?
Typical response, if you don't like it leave. As for Wednesday's vote outcome it's quite obvious that you don't speak for everyone & now philly petitioning more should follow. As for your last comment it's a chess match, but like I said not everyone is as happy as you & want to do something about it....

the standard in LTL. This isn't 30 years ago. Benefits are not what they were 30 years ago.

teamsters did set the standard and if it weren't for the teamsters us fed ex and old d would be getting paid 12 dollars a hour and 28 cents a mile too a lot of people see a uncertain future and more long boxes with crappier fos's and more cut runs can,the union save the world no but next time we have to take a paycut to buy a truckload company like cfi or they steal and I repeat steal a week of vacation like they did a few years back we will have a vote where now we just have to oh oh well just like before and yes we did get brought back payscale shortly after the used our money to buy cfi but maybe next time they won't is the union the one to trust maybe maybe not but neither is xpo they will steal again just like before and the only reason we got that payscale back was because of union talk in Chicagoland have a great day everyone I've got another 14 hour nite ahead of me ya!!

Last edited:
I will listen to what the union says and then might only believe half of that. I have had union driving jobs in fact 2 of them. I have listen to the union say we will take care of you when the doors were closing only to be left out in the cold.

Agreed. The union has taken some missteps with the membership and that has certainly cost them.

The first step towards a stronger union with more active membership and more yes votes is a change at the top. And while you will hear plenty drone on about how horrible Hoffa is and how he must go, it's unlikely he will.

Oh I forgot one more took away our sick days I'm probably leaving some others out,too

We all know what they took. It's okay. No list needed. And I agree with you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If there was an easy obvious choice one way or the other there wouldn't be a discussion or any apprehension. People would instantly flock to the clearly better option.

teamsters did set the standard and if it weren't for the teamsters us fed ex and old d would be getting paid 12 dollars a hour and 28 cents a mile too a lot of people see a uncertain future and more long boxes with crappier fos's and more cut runs can,the union save the world no but next time we have to take a paycut to buy a truckload company like cfi or they steal and I repeat steal a week of vacation like they did a few years back we will have a vote where now we just have to oh oh well just like before and yes we did get brought back payscale shortly after the used our money to buy cfi but maybe next time they won't is the union the one to trust maybe maybe not but neither is xpo they will steal again just like before and the only reason we got that payscale back was because of union talk in Chicagoland have a great day everyone I've got another 14 hour nite ahead of me ya!!

I personally see something more like the FedEx model. Outside carriers and OTR drivers pulling economy freight and LTL drivers pulling the next day.

Yes I see them every nite but it's too early what would you like,too know and I will do my best to ask them

That's a good point. They just voted. That's the easy part. Now they have to keep their heads down and follow through. That will take much longer and be far more difficult.

Exactly. Dime a dozen or worth fighting tooth and nail for ?

And many union carriers are hiring. UPS is looking for feeders everywhere. That's a great job, if you can keep it. So if your only goal is to get a better paying job with a union contract, it may come down to your ability to pass the strictest road test in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.