XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. A little over dramatic much? Every single carrier is doing the same :::shit:::, union or not. Go get your own authority and make your own rules, or put up with what we have. It’s not going to change, so ride it out, or get on another horse.

Sorry to say, but you ain't been sounden very much Canadian with that attitude of yours there, eh ? LOL

Talking about riding another horse has me thinking about my brother from another mother down in West " by Gawd " Virginia. He says, " if you take the sheep right up to the edge of the rock crop... it'll back right up into you. Ya don't have to do any of the work. Just stand there and smile. hehehehe "

Another thing he says all the time. " There's a lot of people with problems in the world. Just most of the people in the world don't actually consider them problems. To each their own ! Yep ! "

I guess a few weeks away from the board and I am just amazed at how little conversation there is any more. A lot of selling one side or the other. But no real discussion. It just seems to have become a touch stale.

I agree , Iam so close to going back to a union carrier . Basically waiting for the contract to be ratified . Had a phone interview earlier this week with one . Just trying to hold off on in person interview til contract is voted on .

There are a bunch here even talking about it. Amazing how the world turns.

Union carriers certainly do use sub service, however, ONLY after all of the bargaining unit has been offered the work. I would like to hear any feedback from union drivers to verify this. It is what I have been told. So, not every single carrier is doing the same. It is dramatic, because it needs to be and every single word in the post represents the absolute truth. It will change if enough of us will it to do so. I will try to do whatever I can for as long as I can to further this movement because it's simply the right thing to do. It is not in my nature to just ride it out or sit there and let someone tell me how lucky I am to have a job. It may be easy for some to put up with what we have but I'll wager those LH guys sitting at home or running P&D may not feel the same.

Around here they negotiated for whatever percentage subs and use the maximum amount for maximum effect. Then sort out what the company drivers will get.

Boys, it looks like we need an Union here on the “trucking boards”. Are we going to be subjected to the tryanny of a velvet glove doused in maple syrup and covered in Canadian bacon, it is time we stood together against those who oppress us.

" Canadian bacon " is ham. Okay. Let's just say that right now. It's not bacon.

As it applies to the site and how Jeff is running it and what the future holds as far as moderation and what not. I have been on here a long time. It could be better. But it could be much worse. Nothing is ever perfect for everybody. But ultimately, it would seem that consolidation would be in order. It's nice to have subsets for individual companies. But they are keeping drivers divided into those subsets. The greater purpose of this site is at the top of the page. Where drivers collaborate regardless of where they clock in. To few visit those topics. And it leads to ::shit:: storms down below in the company forums as people go around jerking chains for attention, or out of boredom. My two cents.

Yeah, and who gave you authority to delete threads with out consulting with the OP. Every post on here is hearsay and conjecture. Why is not every post vetted and pick thru with a fine comb?
What are you talking about? I haven’t deleted anything.

In other news, i’m Hearing them boys at the shop down in XGH, are about the closest to getting a contract. But this is rumors fed thru the linehaul grapevine, so I have no way to prove this. This post will be erased by managements.

In other news, i’m Hearing them boys at the shop down in XGH, are about the closest to getting a contract. But this is rumors fed thru the linehaul grapevine, so I have no way to prove this. This post will be erased by managements.
What was it that you are implying Upnorth deleted?

The one's not affected by sub service have a lot to say, I don't think they would have the same attitude if the shoe was on the other foot....

At it's core, the union philosophy states that whatever affects any one of us, affects us all. There is incredible strength in numbers
Union barns where ? For what company ? Have you been paying attention to the YRC updates ? Just curious.

This is a memorandum from 2015 concerning the cameras. It states in the letter that YRC has agreed to not use the cameras for discipline. If this has changed, please let me know.

s5bq9NR.jpg

Union barns where ? For what company ? Have you been paying attention to the YRC updates ? Just curious.

This is the crux of the situation. In a nut shell. You said it all. A bunch of people chasing a utopian dream.

Eight terminals have certified. Not very impressive, I'll have to agree. But, it does show that even dreams and fairy tales can sometimes come true. If it were impossible, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

What was it that you are implying Upnorth deleted?

Well, he posted in my “Joilet Heist” thread that he would delete it if I did not provid solid proof of such activities. Poof, gone the next day. DSR grapevine is a solid source of information. They have proven themselves correct eighty six percent of the time. The word has been passed, you cannot silence the truth. You know, drivers don’t embellish the word. Not my fault the two bit reporter did not get the details right on the link I posted.

Last edited:
Well, he posted in my “Joilet Heist” thread that he would delete it if I did not provid solid proof of such activities. Poof, gone the next day. DSR grapevine is a solid source of information. They have proven themselves correct eighty six percent of the time. The word has been passed, you cannot silence the truth. You know, drivers don’t embellish the word. Not my fault the two bit reporter did not get the details right on the link I posted.
Ahh... yes. I did delete that. No need for cloak and dagger posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.