XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe you need to go read post #7835 from Hollywoodz it seem he does believe in seniority either
Here I gave you the link: https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/xpo-union-thread.76678/page-392#post-1374218

Here's the quote from the post you seemed to have glanced over.

"I don't agree with everything the Teamsters do. Now, when a contract is signed, that situation may pose some problems for me. Senior guys can grieve that situation and win. That would cause my TM to go right back to giving the senior guys the dock time and sending the junior guys home."

In a separate post, I did acknowledge that once a contract is signed by both parties, I am bound, as is the company, to honor the terms of the contract. I am in favor of and I advocate for seniority in all aspects of this profession. I would allow for an exception when a junior driver is not making the hours to earn the money he needs to support his family. However, if that exception fails to make it into the contract, the junior guy gets to work Uber until he makes his bones. I hope I have clarified my position for you.

I pick this one out because it has happened at my barn. The first thing I will say is that you do not know the law. The law states that you must stop at the stop sign, which you did not. Then if you are unable to see then you are to slow move forward until you can and stop again and make sure the way is clear.
I say that because we had a drive pulled in on that. He was moving forward to have a clear view and hit his brake when a car he could not see comes into view. Now he didn't get any discipline because the video shows he clearly stopped at the sign and then slow moved forward so he could see. In your case you never stopped

You would make a great supervisor. Can you say that you have ALWAYS observed the letter of the law in every aspect of your life? I cannot. If your mother came home with an item that you knew she shoplifted from a local store, would you turn her in? Have you never crossed an intersection as the traffic light turned red? Never parked in an illegal spot, to run into 7/11 for a cup of coffee?

My point is that following the spirit of the law is often as effective as following the letter of the law. The purpose of the stop sign is to prevent 2 vehicles from colliding at the intersection of two roads. I achieve that purpose by slowing to 2 mph and continuing at a snails pace until I am certain that the way is clear. I have achieved the exact same result as the man who came to a full stop twice.

Because I do care. Their policy hampers my productivity and I am very subtly made to feel like I am not working up to their standards. The following morning in the pre shift, I am told that we had 7 returns and 9 attempts yesterday. I am also told that we weren't even close to our 50% by noon. Then, I am told that our yard dwell is not up to standards and we're simply not making our numbers.To be fair, they are not disciplining anyone and they often thank us for the work we do, however, any conscientious driver can't help but feel just a bit guilty for failing to meet the numbers.
I don’t feel guilty in the least. The numbers are managements issue, not ours. They are the ones setting up the p&d drivers to not hit the goals. It’s all on them.

I don’t feel guilty in the least. The numbers are managements issue, not ours. They are the ones setting up the p&d drivers to not hit the goals. It’s all on them.

I suffer from owner/operator syndrome. I had my own truck in New York for 39 Years. I often feel as if wasting my time is actually costing me money. It isn't, of course, but sometimes it still feels the same. That's my problem, I know.

The company pays you to do the job there way, not yours. What part of that don't you understand. Why should you care that you have to take pics of damaged freight, wait on hold for and exception number (I heard they did away with that) or anything else, as long as it is legal, the company wants you to do. They are paying you
I'm a shareholder ( owner ) - I honestly don't want drivers to have to waste their time on frivolous bullsh!t. And also , just plain respect. Why make someone's life or job harder than it has to be for no good reason? Just because they pay you to do something ( and it's not illegal ) doesn't mean you can't point out how it's not working out - that is EXACTLY what Truckingboards.com is for.

Some nice pay raises and a cushy contract for one executive. 40% pay raise are nice when you can get them . Cost of living ? Brads base salary went from 625k to 1million. Hmm.
https://s.flashalert.me/11g6L

This is really disgusting. You would never know it by the cost cutting at the "Working Slobs" level, but the company must be making pretty good money. His new salary is about what it would cost him to provide the Team Care health plan to every one of his 22,000 employees. I guess he needs another summer home.

This is really disgusting. You would never know it by the cost cutting at the "Working Slobs" level, but the company must be making pretty good money. His new salary is about what it would cost him to provide the Team Care health plan to every one of his 22,000 employees. I guess he needs another summer home.
That’s just his base salary .

Then why would you make a statement like this "I would be out the door in a heartbeat for union benes". It just show you have had NO intention of leaving. Action speak louder then words
I did the union deal for a number of years . Have a nice pension of $3,400 a month coming to me in a couple years . Just couldn’t do the long commute any longer . Started looking out for my health more as I got older . I have had job offers to go to two different union barns but love my very short commute just hate , hate the benes . Was told they get sooo much better in year two . I should have checked into what they met by so much better cause IMO they suck the big one ! If one should open a barn next door , next town to XPO I would be gone in two weeks !

I did the union deal for a number of years . Have a nice pension of $3,400 a month coming to me in a couple years . Just couldn’t do the long commute any longer . Started looking out for my health more as I got older . I have had job offers to go to two different union barns but love my very short commute just hate , hate the benes . Was told they get sooo much better in year two . I should have checked into what they met by so much better cause IMO they suck the big one ! If one should open a barn next door , next town to XPO I would be gone in two weeks !
Wow your very patient , did you work all that at the same company?

If you can't conduct yourself without profanity and vulgarity, you are not a grown man, but rather an immature child.

Not only am I a grown man, I have an advanced degree in profanity and don't trust anyone who refrains from using it. Yet, unlike most of the pretentious "Christians" I know, who can't restrain themselves from instructing me on how to conduct myself, I never cross paths with some one less fortunate than myself without doing something to ease their discomfort. Maturity and compassion come from the heart...not from the mouth.

Anyone know about this and what it encompasses?

uqohg8k.jpg

Seems self explanatory. Although I don’t trust the company at all about not being able to view remotely.
So the camera will activate with lane departure, collision space sensors in addition the current activators. This info they will determine if you are driving fatigued?
Will driving fatigued lead to disapline ?

Last edited:
So the camera will activate withe lane departure, collision space sensors in addition the current activators. This info they will determine if you are driving fatigued?

This sounds like discipline will be applied to every audible alert you hear in the cab which can trigger an event recording because it will be integrated to the tractor's ECM. Just so you know, with this new model (SF300) it will be a sanctioned voyeurism program. The following information taken right from the program administrator states clients can go back to ANY time frame and review video. Sounds like continuous spying, oops,...... I mean monitoring.

Lytx Video Platform:

SV2 to SF300 Transition: MV + AI integrated with continuous recording will be a game changer in the market. SF300 (ActiveVision, 4G LTE, & expandable memory) is our top hardware priority and we are committed to delivering mid 2019

Lets users find the video they need at the right time and at the right length so they can get the facts and answers they need in minutes.

Key Message:
* The risky behaviors most correlated with collisions are often ones that require direct observation and can never be detected by telematics or other similar measures.
* Eg. Driver Unbelted has a much higher correlation to a collision than Following Distance. Without ability to observe these risky behaviors fleet managers are blind to 30%-40% of their risk

Live Streaming
Access to live video of outside lens lets managers see what's happening in real time so they can respond faster to changing conditions or troubleshoot issues in the field. Live streaming can also be used to more efficiently coach drivers through "virtual ride-alongs."

So the camera will activate with lane departure, collision space sensors in addition the current activators. This info they will determine if you are driving fatigued?
Honestly, I doubt it. Unless it resulted in an accident. They can’t discipline for being fatigued. Well I guess they could, but good luck on getting that to stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.