XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I doubt it. Unless it resulted in an accident. They can’t discipline for being fatigued. Well I guess they could, but good luck on getting that to stick.
They can make anything stick if they want. Your an at will employee . They need no reason .

At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor lawfor contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning,[1] as long as the reason is not illegal (e.g. firing because of the employee's race or religion). When an employee is acknowledged as being hired "at will," courts deny the employee any claim for loss resulting from the dismissal. The rule is justified by its proponents on the basis that an employee may be similarly entitled to leave his or her job without reason or warning.[2]The practice is seen as unjust by those who view the employment relationship as characterized by inequality of bargaining power.

Last edited:
This sounds like discipline will be applied to every audible alert you hear in the cab which can trigger an event recording because it will be integrated to the tractor's ECM. Just so you know, with this new model (SF300) it will be a sanctioned voyeurism program. The following information taken right from the program administrator states clients can go back to ANY time frame and review video. Sounds like continuous spying, oops,...... I mean monitoring.

Lytx Video Platform:

SV2 to SF300 Transition: MV + AI integrated with continuous recording will be a game changer in the market. SF300 (ActiveVision, 4G LTE, & expandable memory) is our top hardware priority and we are committed to delivering mid 2019

Lets users find the video they need at the right time and at the right length so they can get the facts and answers they need in minutes.

Key Message:
* The risky behaviors most correlated with collisions are often ones that require direct observation and can never be detected by telematics or other similar measures.
* Eg. Driver Unbelted has a much higher correlation to a collision than Following Distance. Without ability to observe these risky behaviors fleet managers are blind to 30%-40% of their risk

Live Streaming
Access to live video of outside lens lets managers see what's happening in real time so they can respond faster to changing conditions or troubleshoot issues in the field. Live streaming can also be used to more efficiently coach drivers through "virtual ride-alongs."

LIVE STREAMING ???

Seems self explanatory. Although I don’t trust the company at all about not being able to view remotely.

The following is copy and pasted from a website named "Live Trucking". The article is from October 2016, so, evidently, they have had the capacity to do this for some time now. I'm sorry, but I don't believe ANYTHING this company says anymore.

This week, Lytx announced a new software, which will run on the Drive Cam system, that takes driver surveillance to a whole new level. The new program called ‘Unisyn’ boasts the ability to record from multiple cameras continuously, without the need for a safety trigger. Lytx says the “always-on” recording featured can record and store up to seven days of continuous footage.

“For some fleets, safety may be balanced against operational efficiency and/or security priorities, which can be addressed through the ability to observe and track vehicles in all aspects of their day,” said Brandon Nixon, Lytx chairman and CEO.

In addition to standard road-facing cameras, and in-cab driver-facing cameras, Lytx says the Unisyn “always-on” system will also be able to connect to side-mirror cameras, rear-view cameras, in-trailer cameras, and side-view cameras.

In a press release, Lytx said the Unisyn program is designed to give carriers more control, by giving them the ability to see everything, at all times.

Their explanation for moving from an event-triggered system, to an always-on system? “Needs can change over time.”

Not only am I a grown man, I have an advanced degree in profanity and don't trust anyone who refrains from using it. Yet, unlike most of the pretentious "Christians" I know, who can't restrain themselves from instructing me on how to conduct myself, I never cross paths with some one less fortunate than myself without doing something to ease their discomfort. Maturity and compassion come from the heart...not from the mouth.
The mouth speaks what the heart is full of

qwGMGc4.jpg

Please....

I had a close friend that passed a year ago . He was a foul mouthed old bastard . His family (Christians) would have nothing to do with him because his personality offended them. He was destined to die an unsaved sinner according to his brother.
He was worth a fortune. He was wise enough to invest early in a small start up company by the name of Microsoft. Well he lived his life rejected by his family because of his brashness. They prayed for him and hoped he would see the light and be more Jesus like.
He had a long battle with cancer over 3 years and his family was no comfort or help to him. When he died he was a pauper ,only enough money to bury him.
His Christian family was flabbergasted that there was no money for them. The lawyer read the last will to them which said “fu.k you all”. He left his money over a 3 yr period to 3 families that where homeless and set up a fund for their children for a full ride to college. Complete strangers. Turns out he had been supporting the less fortunate for many years even though he lived like a vagrant. He was the closest thing to Jesus in life despite the foul mouth.
I never met a Christian that wore their religion as a bage that I trusted . Talk is just that talk . Those who walk the walk are the real ::shit::.

Jesus would be at the Mexico border handing out water to refugees not turning them away.

Last edited:
I had a close friend that passed a year ago . He was a foul mouthed old bastard . His family (Christians) would have nothing to do with him because his personality offended them. He was destined to die an unsaved sinner according to his brother.
He was worth a fortune. He was wise enough to invest early in a small start up company by the name of Microsoft. Well he lived his life rejected by his family because of his brashness. They prayed for him and hoped he would see the light and be more Jesus like.
He had a long battle with cancer over 3 years and his family was no comfort or help to him. When he died he was a pauper ,only enough money to bury him.
His Christian family was flabbergasted that there was no money for them. The lawyer read the last will to them which said “fu.k you all”. He left his money over a 3 yr period to 3 families that where homeless and set up a fund for their children for a full ride to college. Complete strangers. Turns out he had been supporting the less fortunate for many years even though he lived like a vagrant. He was the closest thing to Jesus in life despite the foul mouth.
I never met a Christian that wore their religion as a bage that I trusted . Talk is just that talk . Those who walk the walk are the real :::shit:::.

Jesus would be at the Mexico border handing out water to refugees not turning them away.

On the :cuss:money! I love stories like that. So damned concerned about what comes out of my mouth, yet, completely numb to the separation of small children from their parents and locking them up in cages in the same detention camp used to hold Japanese American citizens during WW II. No concern at all about cheating on every current wife with the one next in line. No concern about 10,000 lies in 2.5 years. What would Jesus do is a question none of them ever asked. UNLESS...it was REPUBLICAN Jesus? Hit the link!!!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1095073070685867

I never met a Christian that wore their religion as a bage that I trusted . Talk is just that talk . Those who walk the walk are the real :::shit:::.

On the :cuss:money! I love stories like that. So damned concerned about what comes out of my mouth, yet, completely numb to the separation of small children from their parents and locking them up in cages in the same detention camp used to hold Japanese American citizens during WW II. No concern at all about cheating on every current wife with the one next in line. No concern about 10,000 lies in 2.5 years.

What would REPUBLICAN Jesus do? Hit the link below...

Nail in the head,

Selfless without expectation.

Never judge by what one sees, one must wear another’s shoes, wear another’s skin.

I’ll bet he had a very nice and extensive conversation with Saint Peter?

On the :cuss:money! I love stories like that. So damned concerned about what comes out of my mouth, yet, completely numb to the separation of small children from their parents and locking them up in cages in the same detention camp used to hold Japanese American citizens during WW II. No concern at all about cheating on every current wife with the one next in line. No concern about 10,000 lies in 2.5 years.

TDS rears its ugly head, take it to the political forum.

On the :cuss:money! I love stories like that. So damned concerned about what comes out of my mouth, yet, completely numb to the separation of small children from their parents and locking them up in cages in the same detention camp used to hold Japanese American citizens during WW II. No concern at all about cheating on every current wife with the one next in line. No concern about 10,000 lies in 2.5 years. What would Jesus do is a question none of them ever asked. UNLESS...it was REPUBLICAN Jesus? Hit the link!!!

I love republican Jesus.

Here's the quote from the post you seemed to have glanced over.

"I don't agree with everything the Teamsters do. Now, when a contract is signed, that situation may pose some problems for me. Senior guys can grieve that situation and win. That would cause my TM to go right back to giving the senior guys the dock time and sending the junior guys home."

In a separate post, I did acknowledge that once a contract is signed by both parties, I am bound, as is the company, to honor the terms of the contract. I am in favor of and I advocate for seniority in all aspects of this profession. I would allow for an exception when a junior driver is not making the hours to earn the money he needs to support his family. However, if that exception fails to make it into the contract, the junior guy gets to work Uber until he makes his bones. I hope I have clarified my position for you.
That was for ROADBOSS he said the we didn't believe in seniority. I was just point out that one of the pro-union driver on here doesn't either

You would make a great supervisor. Can you say that you have ALWAYS observed the letter of the law in every aspect of your life? I cannot. If your mother came home with an item that you knew she shoplifted from a local store, would you turn her in? Have you never crossed an intersection as the traffic light turned red? Never parked in an illegal spot, to run into 7/11 for a cup of coffee?

My point is that following the spirit of the law is often as effective as following the letter of the law. The purpose of the stop sign is to prevent 2 vehicles from colliding at the intersection of two roads. I achieve that purpose by slowing to 2 mph and continuing at a snails pace until I am certain that the way is clear. I have achieved the exact same result as the man who came to a full stop twice.
I never said I was perfect. I just point out why they were talking to you about that event. I also pointed out the law. You slowing to 2mph is still not stopping in there eyes. So hey just stop next time problem solved.

I'm a shareholder ( owner ) - I honestly don't want drivers to have to waste their time on frivolous bullsh!t. And also , just plain respect. Why make someone's life or job harder than it has to be for no good reason? Just because they pay you to do something ( and it's not illegal ) doesn't mean you can't point out how it's not working out - that is EXACTLY what Truckingboards.com is for.
Hold on while I laugh................................................ Al we here on these boards is "It's all about the stock price" and then you post this. Al the ones that are bitching about the stock should take a long hard look at there retirement accounts. Anyone with any kind of retirement account is only worried about the stock price. Funny how that works.
Yes I'm a stock holder to. I hold stock in many companies and if you don't like who's running the company or the way it is being run you should dump the stock.

TDS rears its ugly head, take it to the political forum.
Funny how the Democrats have and are doing the same thing. Don't forget letting guns go to Mexican cartels and then killing a US boarder officer.
Some here need to turn off CNN, HLN, and MSNBC

They can make anything stick if they want. Your an at will employee . They need no reason .

At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor lawfor contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning,[1] as long as the reason is not illegal (e.g. firing because of the employee's race or religion). When an employee is acknowledged as being hired "at will," courts deny the employee any claim for loss resulting from the dismissal. The rule is justified by its proponents on the basis that an employee may be similarly entitled to leave his or her job without reason or warning.[2]The practice is seen as unjust by those who view the employment relationship as characterized by inequality of bargaining power.
Why are you bitching about this. Sinice your first day at CCX/Conway you have been an At-will employment. Oh wait why don't you run to Harrisburg and have Wolf change that law in PA. Remember he had no problem taking the union money, but his own company id non-union. Can we say *****

Thank you for the information. When I need to know what Jesus would do in any situation I will be sure to look you up. By the way how many "refugees" ( LOL ) are you feeding and housing? Jesus would want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.