XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wondered if everyone was aware that as of August 1, 2019, a dropped trailer is a 3 day suspension and 2 strikes???
It is now listed as a "Catastrophic Event" it also includes rollovers, forklifts separation, and rollaways

Catastrophic Event:
■ Preventable rollover, dropped trailing equipment on
public property or roadway, forklift separating from dock
(whole or part) while in trailer caused by the hostler or
CMV operator and rollaway events result in a three-day
suspension and two strikes.

Catastrophic Event:
■ Preventable forklift separation from dock in whole or in
part caused by the forklift operator will receive a 3-day
suspension and two-strike event

Well....this thread has been quiet for a little bit so maybe I can spice it up a bit. A union ain't gonna fix what's wrong with XPO. These F'ers at the top are just flat out greedy bastards, don't know how to deal with being an asset heavy company, don't give a f#$k about on time deliveries or damage, and believe that the way to achieving success is by getting rid of their most valuable and hardest to replace employees.....CDL A, HAZMAT, Tanker, Doubles/Triples, qualified DRIVERS. You f'ing morons at the top, this terminating of drivers is gonna come back to bite you in your tight asses. But hey driver, even though we don't want you to drive for us, you can still take a demotion to dock worker along with a huge pay cut. Really Tony? Is that you thing is going to work? The only person dumber than Tony Brooks in this company is Brad Jacobs for bringing that SOB back for a second bite at the apple.

Well....this thread has been quiet for a little bit so maybe I can spice it up a bit. A union ain't gonna fix what's wrong with XPO. These F'ers at the top are just flat out greedy bastards, don't know how to deal with being an asset heavy company, don't give a f#$k about on time deliveries or damage, and believe that the way to achieving success is by getting rid of their most valuable and hardest to replace employees.....CDL A, HAZMAT, Tanker, Doubles/Triples, qualified DRIVERS. You f'ing morons at the top, this terminating of drivers is gonna come back to bite you in your tight asses. But hey driver, even though we don't want you to drive for us, you can still take a demotion to dock worker along with a huge pay cut. Really Tony? Is that you thing is going to work? The only person dumber than Tony Brooks in this company is Brad Jacobs for bringing that SOB back for a second bite at the apple.
Sounds like someone needs a card to sign....After your post what do you have to lose? I don’t care what company you work for they could care less about you, me, or a body else for that matter. Your just a NUMBER & easily REPLACED....

Sounds like someone needs a card to sign....After your post what do you have to lose? I don’t care what company you work for they could care less about you, me, or a body else for that matter. Your just a NUMBER & easily REPLACED....

And when you're just a number, have no individual power, and are at the whim of sociopaths at the top, how can you assert your power as labor without abandoning and starting over?

Sign a card and fight together.

I've asked this before but I don't remember an answer: When you are converted to a dockworker are you ever asked to drive? If so , are you paid as a driver or a dockworker? What happens if you are dockworker with a CDL ( a driver forced to a dockworker position ) and you decline work as a driver? Maybe you say you don't want to go the extra mile because you were forced to take a pay cut and you simply want to be a dockworker.

I've asked this before but I don't remember an answer: When you are converted to a dockworker are you ever asked to drive? If so , are you paid as a driver or a dockworker? What happens if you are dockworker with a CDL ( a driver forced to a dockworker position ) and you decline work as a driver? Maybe you say you don't want to go the extra mile because you were forced to take a pay cut and you simply want to be a dockworker.
I asked my tm about this because we have a bid for a full time dock worker his response was if you bid it you are dropped to 23 dollars pet hour no driving next year you can bid driver again and get your money back

You spiced it up just fine...and I agree with almost everything you said. However, I think a union may be able to fix some of it. Others have made this point: WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE? Even if I am wrong and the union can't fix it, you will at least get to aggravate the ::shit:: out of them for a little while and you could get some decent benefits out of it.

You spiced it up just fine...and I agree with almost everything you said. However, I think a union may be able to fix some of it. Others have made this point: WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE? Even if I am wrong and the union can't fix it, you will at least get to aggravate the :::shit::: out of them for a little while and you could get some decent benefits out of it.
The barn in TX that decertified tried it saw no value and got rid of Teamsters. Why in the world would any other barn vote

Perhaps they were wrong? What about the barns that have stuck with the Teamsters? Why dont they matter to you?
I hope the barns that still have the union negotiations going get what they want but it's been going on for a few years now, what makes you think they will ever get a contract. I've heard by law the 2 sides only have to meet a couple of times a year, if that's true how will anything ever be a accomplished

I hope the barns that still have the union negotiations going get what they want but it's been going on for a few years now, what makes you think they will ever get a contract. I've heard by law the 2 sides only have to meet a couple of times a year, if that's true how will anything ever be a accomplished
That is not true.

This is from the Nlrb on good faith bargaining. There may not be a required number of days to meet but the company better have a good reason for meeting only twice in one year or they would be subject to not bargaining in good faith. Our negotiations take place every month.

How is "good faith" bargaining determined?

There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of NLRB cases dealing with the issue of the duty to bargain in good faith. In determining whether a party is bargaining in good faith, the Board will look at the totality of the circumstances. The duty to bargain in good faith is an obligation to participate actively in the deliberations so as to indicate a present intention to find a basis for agreement. This implies both an open mind and a sincere desire to reach an agreement as well as a sincere effort to reach a common ground.

The additional requirement to bargain in "good faith" was incorporated to ensure that a party did not come to the bargaining table and simply go through the motions. There are objective criteria that the NLRB will review to determine if the parties are honoring their obligation to bargain in good faith, such as whether the party is willing to meet at reasonable times and intervals and whether the party is represented by someone who has the authority to make decisions at the table.

Last edited:
Overnite was union but working without a contract when UPS bought
I believe a lot of the Overnite terminals have voted the union in but not all didand one of the stipulations for UPS to be able to buy them they had to be all union. And one of the stipulations for UPS to be able to buy them they all had to be all union....

I believe a lot of the Overnite terminals have voted the union in but not all didand one of the stipulations for UPS to be able to buy them they had to be all union. And one of the stipulations for UPS to be able to buy them they all had to be all union....
Never heard that . They were non union company that voted the union in .

Status
Not open for further replies.