XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, perhaps they fear they’ll have their jobs threatened if they attempt an organization campaign. I would imagine XPO upper-management is as anti-union as Conway was. I remember one of my first days at Conway involved watching numerous ‘training’ videos including one that was one of the most, if not THE most, anti-union videos I’ve ever seen.
I remember those videos. Do you remember the one that showed all those Teamster standing out side CCX fences call you all scabs while they were on strike.

So we are down to two union barns ? You guys are going the wrong way. LOL Hard to build a drive when everyone wants out the door.
No , Miami , Philadelphia,Cinaminson,Trenton and the newly added Bakersfield.
Hard to build a drive when the company delays and breaks every law they can in the process. That’s the way it goes .
The companies tactic was and is to stall long enough till the workers become discouraged.

Okay. I knew you and Hollywoodz. Had forgotten about the other three.
There not grassroot movements to decertify. They are illegally run drives that are instigated by the company ,than babysat for weeks to insure the outcomes . While the company conducted one on one deals , captive audience meetings and ride alongs . It’s not like someone stood up on his own and said I had enough and knew the process. Those guys were losing nothing and gain absolutely nothing by decertification. They were paying no dues and wouldn’t have owed any going back . The company stonewalled them and drugged it out . It’s as simple as that.
I’m sure a persuader will be along here shortly to give you the company perspective.

Last edited:
I remember those videos. Do you remember the one that showed all those Teamster standing out side CCX fences call you all scabs while they were on strike.
Yes! That’s the exact one I was referring to! Kind of a head-scratcher, actually. Left work that day thinking...WTH??

82241689_470845373861910_2995499445669330944_n.jpg

Glad if were sold they can’t take from us due to the status quo. I don’t think that LTL is off the table that’s just my opinion.

We should all know by now that NOTHING is off the table ...if enough money is involved. The fact that he singled out LTL North America is a naked attempt to put his employees to sleep. Nothing to see here, move along!

We should all know by now that NOTHING is off the table ...if enough money is involved. The fact that he singled out LTL North America is a naked attempt to put his employees to sleep. Nothing to see here, move along!
For once....I agree with you. We're likely getting sold off at some point. What we may not agree on is do we want to be sold off or not. For myself, I would welcome it because I believe that while there is always a possibility the new boss could be worse than the old boss, I think the odds favor the new boss being better than the old boss.

Here's a great quote from Jacobs in an article from Freight Waves, just in case anyone thought he really cared about his employees. It's ALL about his share holders and his profit.

Jacobs said his goal all along has been to improve the lot of XPO share owners, and that those who thought he was on a mission to become the king of transport and logistics have likely misread his intentions. “We are not entrenched management, and we are not empire-builders,” he said.

For once....I agree with you. We're likely getting sold off at some point. What we may not agree on is do we want to be sold off or not. For myself, I would welcome it because I believe that while there is always a possibility the new boss could be worse than the old boss, I think the odds favor the new boss being better than the old boss.
Until said new boss says everyone must reapply and start over...or keep you seniority and start the pay scale/PTO scale all over. Careful what you wish for friend.

Until said new boss says everyone must reapply and start over...or keep you seniority and start the pay scale/PTO scale all over. Careful what you wish for friend.
I've seen people mention this reapply scenario before. I've personally never experienced this after having worked at companies that were sold off or merged or whatever. I haven't ran into anyone that's had to do this.

Does this happen a lot and I just haven't encountered the reapply issue?

I've seen people mention this reapply scenario before. I've personally never experienced this after having worked at companies that were sold off or merged or whatever. I haven't ran into anyone that's had to do this.

Does this happen a lot and I just haven't encountered the reapply issue?
Anything is possible. If we are sold to a company whose pay scale is lower than ours currently, (if that's possible) we could be aligned with that. PTO as well. The reapply part is possible, but not likely IMO. Many employees might just walk away, hurting their ability to keep business as usual.
I'm just stressing that it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.