XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maltman I see your a new member please read this
Once again you failed at a cheap shot, I dont work for ups. There are more plans then the cspf. I belong to central Pa. plan which is fully funded & in good shape just like the western plan.
I have read it, thanks. I made no personal attacks just retorted with facts he just doesn't happen to work at any of those places.

As far as being cheap, I thought they were pretty high brow myself. I think I got you pegged now but I'll keep it to myself just in case I swing and miss on the 50 50 shot I've got for options in the north east. I could probably find out from your profile but who has the time, right.

Really I meant no offense in any of my responses. If I sound defensive it's because I am. The Teamsters are a YRC away from being screwed and I don't necessarily want to get pulled into that dumpster fire.

Go40 I'm glad you aren't apart of the Cspf I wouldn't wish that on any one and I bet you wish you had that buster brown deal.

I have read it, thanks. I made no personal attacks just retorted with facts he just doesn't happen to work at any of those places.

As far as being cheap, I thought they were pretty high brow myself. I think I got you pegged now but I'll keep it to myself just in case I swing and miss on the 50 50 shot I've got for options in the north east. I could probably find out from your profile but who has the time, right.

Really I meant no offense in any of my responses. If I sound defensive it's because I am. The Teamsters are a YRC away from being screwed and I don't necessarily want to get pulled into that dumpster fire.

Go40 I'm glad you aren't apart of the Cspf I wouldn't wish that on any one and I bet you wish you had that buster brown deal.
No offence taken, I not thin skinned. I work for ABF, as for xpo having the same out come as yrc wont happen you would have your own pension plan. No one in their right mind would join the union knowing they would be thrown into that pension plan....In my fund I get as much per hour contributed that ups gets....

There is no need to be defensive and yes you have made personal attacks in your previous posts as trolls and please do check out my profile if your that interested and yes I'm a xpo employee

No offence taken, I not thin skinned. I work for ABF, as for xpo having the same out come as yrc wont happen you would have your own pension plan. No one in their right mind would join the union knowing they would be thrown into that pension plan....
True.

No offence taken, I not thin skinned. I work for ABF, as for xpo having the same out come as yrc wont happen you would have your own pension plan. No one in their right mind would join the union knowing they would be thrown into that pension plan....In my fund I get as much per hour contributed that ups gets....
I thought the MOU didn't run out til next year at ABF. I know y'all got half back but I didn't know you got it all. Good for you guys. I'm not a giant fan of the Teamsters,. I'm not anti union just the Teamsters. If you guys would sack up and vote Hoffa out you would probably have an easier go with guys like me. Til then that's were I'm at.

There is no need to be defensive and yes you have made personal attacks in your previous posts as trolls and please do check out my profile if your that interested and yes I'm a xpo employee
Geez dude read my response again. I was responding to 2 of you guys at once. I know you work at XPO. And I called no individual a troll. I just put that disclaimer out there for any that might be. I'll be more gentle next time. I'll just say "for all you guys that like to come to the board to stir up crap". Is that better. Know I am off topic sorry up north

I thought the MOU didn't run out til next year at ABF. I know y'all got half back but I didn't know you got it all. Good for you guys. I'm not a giant fan of the Teamsters,. I'm not anti union just the Teamsters. If you guys would sack up and vote Hoffa out you would probably have an easier go with guys like me. Til then that's were I'm at.
yrc has the mou, abf just has a bad contract. I to would love to see Hoffa go.... I did my part, mailed my vote this week....

yrc has the mou, abf just has a bad contract. I to would love to see Hoffa go.... I did my part, mailed my vote this week....
Like I said on the other union thread upnorth deleted. I just like to correct false statements some of these guys make.

I've been driving for almost 20 years. Not the longest but I'm definitely not a rookie. I'm going to make 100k or close this year. Now if these jobs are a dime a dozen it's news to me. The reason I have the opportunity to make that much is because of XPO/con-way's system, herein lies the problem. If we import the unions grievance culture the opportunity I have will be diminished. Here's how,. I'm a line haul driver but I've hostled worked dock and peddled freight this year when it was slow. If I can't do those things when it's slow because some guy with a dock bid is filing a grievance that I'm taking work away from him I'll be setting at home regardless if there is more than enough work on the dock or city.

Outside of that,. I actually care about the financial health of the company I work for. The only 2 pure examples of union ltl shops is abf and yrc. Yrc is barely profitable and that has just been recent, and abf's OR is like 97%,. That's a razor's edge. I know the union honks are gonna point to ups but that is not even in the same ballpark. You might even try to say FedEx freight is not that profitable either, I think they operate in that same range 95-97%, but that's the same situation as UPS. They were alot more profitable as AF and Viking.

Anyway that's about all. have fun with that trolls
That's the difference between it's all about me type of worker and a true unionman who follows his oath. It's a brotherhood sir, meaning the company sees it cheaper to worker drivers long hours and have guys working different classifications. It keeps them from having to hire as much. When you work just your job classification and another classification is short on manpower it forces the company to hire more workers hence meaning you grow your membership. Also different companies different contracts/supplements so if it is slow and you get laid off the our stipulations where you can cross into another classification and continue to work. You can also can have your business agent find you work for another union shop til you are called back. So the whole concept of laid off these guys don't work me is not true. Sometimes a senior man may take time off if he sees that a junior man isn't working. Fine to be greedy when freight is heavy and you share the work when it's slow like I said a brotherhood. Anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.

That's the difference between it's all about me type of worker and a true unionman who follows his oath. It's a brotherhood sir, meaning the company sees it cheaper to worker drivers long hours and have guys working different classifications. It keeps them from having to hire as much. When you work just your job classification and another classification is short on manpower it forces the company to hire more workers hence meaning you grow your membership. Also different companies different contracts/supplements so if it is slow and you get laid off the our stipulations where you can cross into another classification and continue to work. You can also can have your business agent find you work for another union shop til you are called back. So the whole concept of laid off these guys don't work me is not true. Sometimes a senior man may take time off if he sees that a junior man isn't working. Fine to be greedy when freight is heavy and you share the work when it's slow like I said a brotherhood. Anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.
That goes right back to my point. I care about the financial health of the company I work for. Hiring drivers when you don't have to just to fill a certain classification? That great logic. God bless your brothers when the company goes bankrupt for stupid stuff

A contract , law , rule , policy , or whatever is only good if someone chooses to enforce it and others choose to obey it.

ABFer , ( correct me if I'm wrong ) files grievances against ABF for uniforms not made in the US of A. I don't remember anything being dine about it. On other union boards you see were the company is taking hourly drivers and running them iut if there classification. In other instances the company switched work from the union to outside carriers and nothing has been done.

I've written this over and over 99% of the time the problem can be traced to management types that exercise no common sense , not a blue collar working man or woman ( union or non-union )

I'm not anti corporations , just realistic. Almost everyone that post on here could never do the amount of damage that one or a few idiots at the top of a company or a union can do with a few bad decisions.

This thread has done gone "runawaytrain" again. It seems to be heading in the direction of the FedEx union thread. It was inevitable.

I'm willing to try this with a few ground rules... it goes sideways and I kill it.

Rules:
- this is a discussion thread pertaining ONLY to XPO terminals and union activity. Recruiting, or discussions about other teamster issues is not allowed.
-this thread is for XPO employees to discuss issues. If your not an employee ( I'll know), your coming in as a guest. Act like it. We can have a mature conversation, without name calling, belittling, or other childish behaviour. I also will not allow this thread to be taken over by non employees... period. Any such childish behaviour, and your gone. This is the only warning.
-this thread will be civil. I repeat, civil. Any :horseshit: will not be tolerated.
- no names are to be used. Any threats of "outing" a member will result in an immediate and permanent ban from trucking boards, no exceptions.

The rules are simple. Violations will be dealt with immediately and harshly.

Simple enough?
It looks like we're behaving according to these rules. What's runaway as far as the thread is concerned?
This thread has done gone "runawaytrain" again. It seems to be heading in the direction of the FedEx union thread. It was inevitable.

It looks like we're behaving according to these rules. What's runaway as far as the thread is concerned?
I'm not the Mod here. It just appears to me it's not going in the direction upnorth wants or expects. I'm sure he will be along to set the record straight. Maybe I'm just reading things wrong. I'm always told my reading comprehension sucks, perhaps they are on to something.

That goes right back to my point. I care about the financial health of the company I work for. Hiring drivers when you don't have to just to fill a certain classification? That great logic. God bless your brothers when the company goes bankrupt for stupid stuff
When you have the all I care about is me thought process that's what you get. When you allow the company to work you doing multiple jobs it opens the door for consistent long days work even though you are payed for it. Time at home is cut short unless you wanna run extra board. Trust me I know from AAA Cooper. Run road at night work dock return to home terminal then go run a city route. Example my supplement for city drivers is cityman has to work at least 10hr that day before he can opt to go home when he returns to yard. So he can have a choice for enough time with family or get his money. Not being forced to work 14hr days everyday because the company doesn't want to hire no more help.

A contract , law , rule , policy , or whatever is only good if someone chooses to enforce it and others choose to obey it.

ABFer , ( correct me if I'm wrong ) files grievances against ABF for uniforms not made in the US of A. I don't remember anything being dine about it. On other union boards you see were the company is taking hourly drivers and running them iut if there classification. In other instances the company switched work from the union to outside carriers and nothing has been done.

I've written this over and over 99% of the time the problem can be traced to management types that exercise no common sense , not a blue collar working man or woman ( union or non-union )

I'm not anti corporations , just realistic. Almost everyone that post on here could never do the amount of damage that one or a few idiots at the top of a company or a union can do with a few bad decisions.
That's was canary who filed and its held up at the JAC. Far as company run freight on shiny wheels go check YRC thread where company had to shell out over 700k. I agree one idiot can tear a company down (Bill Zollars). Unionized workers just can hold them accountable accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.