XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many years has it been since the Teamsters voted to give concessions but still needed a bailout to survive. Btw the article is about Mnuchin wouldn't have done the loan, I don't know why you mentioned Teamsters concessions
The Teamsters weren't even mention in the article. For someone who always puts the blame on the way the company is article was right in agreement with him.

So the teamster are going to get a govt bailout....I guess they are no different then YRC then

This government is just throwing money at everything. Calling it a bailout is suggesting that this is not the norm. Which it now is. So it's not a bail out. It's business as usual.

Now that dems have a supermajority, will they bail out cspf and help other union priorities?
Obama had both chambers his first 2 years in office and didn't do anything for unions and Biden already killed 1000 jobs for the Keystone pipeline, so I don't see why lunch bucket Joe and the Democrats are so good for unions. Regardless since there's no terminal with a contract here yet, anything that potentially good for unions that comes from the new administration isn't going to affect us.

Last edited:
Obama had both chambers his first 2 years in office and didn't do anything for unions and Biden already killed 1000 jobs for the Keystone pipeline, so I don't see why lunch bucket Joe and the Democrats are so good for unions. Regardless since there's no terminal with a contract here yet, anything that potentially good for unions that comes from the new administration isn't going to affect us.
Possibly. What if dems passed legislation that forced companies to bargain and reject or sign a contract within a certain time period?

Possibly. What if dems passed legislation that forced companies to bargain and reject or sign a contract within a certain time period?
If they wanted to do something like that they had 2 years during Obama presidency and didn't, even if they did then what? You have a couple of barns with a contract and the company would fight tooth and nail to prevent any other barns doing the same. And they've been quite effective at it. I just don't see a big revival of unions no matter who's in office.
Seems like the Teamsters already aren't liking what Biden has done

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.