XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they won't keep outsiders off the thread, how will we be able to speak to anything but the outside topics they bring into the thread with them ?

They don't belong here. And have clearly hijacked another thread. They are free to speak down to us and talk at length about our job and work environment. But if we should speak to them at all it's immediately a direct personal attack and they are terribly offended.

They will attempt to edit posts after responses and claim rules violations. They trash the thread with their baiting comments and then all that results is that they silence the XPO employees from speaking. Nothing but outsiders posting complimentary comments to other outsiders posts. They have there own thread for that. What is the point of letting outsiders commandeer a thread meant to be exclusively for XPO employees to speak openly amongst themselves ?
Whos not the employee your refering too, most of us work here and know whats going on?

Well, I don't know. I appreciate the advice. It's hard to know what to do really.

I'm not worried about the political outcome as much as I am about the job opportunities and outlook. I'm not ready to put life on hold for XPO but you may be right. We'll be buying within our means certainly and at my base pay on 40 hours.

I guess we'll see what happens.. It will be interesting to see whether XPO changes the bids (ahem! job selections) here in the next couple months.

If you make a responsible purchase you will be fine. Keep that CDL in good shape and you will always have work.

You know I can't just let this go. I think seeing him in our uniform just does it for me.

I know you old timers have lost some benefits and Con-way lied to you guys. There isn't any changing that, but you old timers gotta move on! We get paid pretty damn good for what we do city, linehaul, hostler, dock, we got it pretty good.

The only real arguments that I feel like anyone here at XPO should have is the not being paid overtime after 8 and our freight not being on our own trucks whether XPO(Con-way truckload) or LTL. Granted you may have management issues at your service center but as far as pay and benefits we got it good.

I'd really like to see Tony Brooks or Brad Jacobs take this on in a positive way and even invite that fella to talk with them on our next voice is heard podcast next month.

I never get told to hurry up or to do anything unsafe whether on the dock or driving. I don't get anything disrespectful said to me by management in any way, shape or form.

I'd like to see someone actually use the open door policy we have and go from dispatcher, FOM, TM, Regional to Tony Brooks and even Jacobs.

You tell me who has it better than we do. We have UPS(which people think is the holy grail) to FedEx to ABF to YRC drivers on this board and many of them have the same complaints.

Where you gonna go make 60k+ without a degree or secondary schooling and be home everynight(day) and do as little work as you do here? Food service, beverage? You're gonna work harder than you do here.

Now I don't know and no one else our level likely knows either whether XPO will change how we do business next year or not. I sure would like to know. I want stability. I don't know about some of you guys but this union stuff and XPO being quiet about it worries me.

Yeah our freight levels are low but so is everyone elses. If anything I want from XPO is more transparency about where our freight is going and how it's being handled.
There is a reason your making that 60k without a degree.....To keep up with all the company's you mentioned, base pay has to be close to get new drivers....

There is a reason your making that 60k without a degree.....To keep up with all the company's you mentioned, base pay has to be close to get new drivers....

I don't disagree with that. However, I do remember Brad Jacobs or some management folk saying they don't pay overtime after 8 in the south is because it's not financially feasible. Does ABF, YRC, ESTES, UPS, Fedex, and whoever else pay overtime after 8 in the south?

If so, why not just bargain for that? Go clear to Jacobs(not you personally, but those in the South) and convince them to do it? You don't have to be union to all refuse to work unless they give it.

Honestly, I think they(big wigs) want our company to do well. If these guys worked at Intel or Microsoft you'd use the chain of command. Do it here. If some XPO distribution center employee has an issue they should use the chain of command. If they do you wrong tell everyone.

We all talk about damages. We are the ones that damage the ::shit::. Stop damaging the damn freight. If a supervisor is telling you to crame ::shit:: in a trailer refuse to do it and tell them you don't want to damage the damn freight. If they have a problem go up the chain of command. If they do you wrong, spread it.

I don't mean to be all religious but it reminds me of a song.

I woke up this morning
Saw a world full of trouble now
Thought, how’d we ever get so far down
How’s it ever gonna turn around
So I turned my eyes to Heaven
I thought, “God, why don’t You do something?”
Well, I just couldn’t bear the thought of
People living in poverty
Children sold into slavery
The thought disgusted me
So, I shook my fist at Heaven
Said, “God, why don’t You do something?”