XPO | XPO -vs- CONWAY

You guys seriously play games like that with each other?

I understand trying to teach someone a lesson to not be so selfish, but if it isn't explained to them and you just f with each other, they'll never get it. That situation will continue to perpetuate itself and create a culture of constant back-stabbing. Sounds like it already has. Maybe the new guys will recognize the problem and do something to prevent the egg-hunting and the retaliatory egg-hiding. Imagine how much lost productivity results from all those games.
Good post, coondogg. I used to work with a guy like that..thankfully, he's retired now. He used to 'screw' with everybody...little things, but still maddening. He'd 'hide' people's time cards, take up three spots in the parking lot...just juvenile stuff like that. I nailed him good though right before he retired. To this day, he still doesn't know how it happened...LOL! I guess I have a little 'too much' Italian blood.

I ain't never done anything to interrupt service. But I have made a lazy ass work more than he wanted to. I am not sorry for it.

I get it...gotta take care of yourself if nobody is holding anyone accountable. Unfortunately, you may be causing other employees more work or giving the customer a headache. It's unfortunate that this is where we are at...glad to learn about this.

I worry more about our city drivers delivering wrecked freight than the customer getting an e-mail about a missing shipment. You know things get written up all short all day (or night), to be found on another inbound trailer at your barn on the same morning....just sayin'

I worry more about our city drivers delivering wrecked freight than the customer getting an e-mail about a missing shipment. You know things get written up all short all day (or night), to be found on another inbound trailer at your barn on the same morning....just sayin'

We must get two or three trailers worth of " mystery " freight every morning. The FOS at the sector stand surrounded by crap that isn't " here ", isn't billed or isn't routed. I'll go driving by while breaking and see stuff that goes to my accounts and snatch it up when I can.

This was a brilliant work around to letting everyone on the dock easily create mover pros for misplaced freight. Let's just be completely blind to the freight because it's quicker and easier to throw it on the trailer without the hassle of spending 30 minutes creating a mover.

Whatever. Con-way couldn't figure it out. Hopefully XPO can.

I get it...gotta take care of yourself if nobody is holding anyone accountable. Unfortunately, you may be causing other employees more work or giving the customer a headache. It's unfortunate that this is where we are at...glad to learn about this.

I'm giving that lazy ass a headache. And he's helping me out breaking that trailer. It's a win-win.

Maybe new the management team will have common sense and not E-mail anybody until inbound is done.

When I run I into drivers hunting, I like taking their freight and putting it outside my breaker. When they come to "help", when we get to the nose of the trailer, they say "my freight is all short". Then I "find" their freight on the dock!! I know, I know, I'm bad!!
Some companies have what are called "chasers". The job of a chaser (often dock workers) is to go and find hot freight that is needed for long runs that have priority. That priority freight has to be picked out of the inbound trailers as soon as possible to get the driver heading back home as soon as possible, usually because of distance and the driver's hours of service issues. Those who are making that mess and putting freight on the dock to get to the hot stuff, might just be doing their job as they were told.
Just sayin'.
:idunno:

Some companies have what are called "chasers". The job of a chaser (often dock workers) is to go and find hot freight that is needed for long runs that have priority. That priority freight has to be picked out of the inbound trailers as soon as possible to get the driver heading back home as soon as possible, usually because of distance and the driver's hours of service issues. Those who are making that mess and putting freight on the dock to get to the hot stuff, might just be doing their job as they were told.
Just sayin'.
:idunno:
That sounds like a good idea, but we don't have chasers. If I know drivers with a long run, or if it is getting late at the FAC, I'm all for helping to get that driver going. I'll help anyone. It's the lazy self centered ones that I have trouble with(though I have been called many names).

That sounds like a good idea, but we don't have chasers. If I know drivers with a long run, or if it is getting late at the FAC, I'm all for helping to get that driver going. I'll help anyone. It's the lazy self centered ones that I have trouble with(though I have been called many names).

Exactly. We ain't talking about some first in, senior driver that has his miles and routine. We are talking about the loud mouth, lazy, bottom feeders that don't want to do a thing. Got that we are here all night anyway, so screw it attitude.

Exactly. We ain't talking about some first in, senior driver that has his miles and routine. We are talking about the loud mouth, lazy, bottom feeders that don't want to do a thing. Got that we are here all night anyway, so screw it attitude.
And then there's the drivers with a short run, they count on the dock hours to make a living. Think they're in a hurry for anything or anyone any time? I have no problem with that either. Just please stay out of my way when I need to get my stuff and get on the road. Our job as linehaul drivers is to service our internal customer. That is our inbound. I never forget that. I do what I can to get my freight back asap. That doesn't mean turn when I get to the FAC if there are two pures/loads closed. My inbound doesn't need their freight by 3am. Let common sense prevail!

And then there's the drivers with a short run, they count on the dock hours to make a living. Think they're in a hurry for anything or anyone any time? I have no problem with that either. Just please stay out of my way when I need to get my stuff and get on the road. Our job as linehaul drivers is to service our internal customer. That is our inbound. I never forget that. I do what I can to get my freight back asap. That doesn't mean turn when I get to the FAC if there are two pures/loads closed. My inbound doesn't need their freight by 3am. Let common sense prevail!

Common sense was banned at Con-way. Maybe XPO will bring it back ?

If things go well, it sounds like that they will need more drivers and equipment to be able to cover the volume and run a duel service.???

XPO is hiring everywhere. Hard to say how it will all " integrate " and what it will mean for every single driver. He owns to much stuff and has to many options. Really there are just to many possibilities. Take Cowtown for example. We have a large terminal. And a good size yard. But it was actually kinda to small for Con-way. They had considered trying to add on to it. Or to purchase a bigger barn locally. But because of it's location near the rail yard maybe he will move us out of it to accommodate other operations. And we end up somewhere else, possibly split up with some here and some over there, wherever there ends up being. Or he could close other locations and cram them into where we are now. We will find out soon enough.