Estes | Xtra board

It's real simple. What do you want to do? You always have the choice to go home weekly, work 5 days, go home 2 days, depends on what your start day is, as to your end day. Or, once Central is comfortable with you, stay out. Stay out, will get you more miles and further away from home. If you go home weekly, they aren't going to let you get too far from the terminal, not more than two days away. As Drummerforhire said, 1200 miles, which is 2 days out (that's the maximum, more likely you won't get that far out, just depends on freight and routes from your home terminal). Your running terminal to terminal, what terminals are in that radius? Those are the possibilities.

Where does the xtra board run to out of Atlanta/Ellenwood Georgia? Just had a interview and really didn’t get a good answer.
They've called me in on a Saturday a while back. I was at my girlfriends house near work. They wanted me to take a hot load to Opelika. I didn't really want to work but I thought what the hell. 90 miles down, 90 back. I was wearing shorts and a T shirt. I don't think I had shoes. Think flip flops.
Anyhow, I came in and they said they already have it covered. I said well I'm here now, I may as well run something. They called central. They asked if I would want to run to Alexandria, LA. I said I would. I took a set of laredo's to Alexandria. I woke up Sunday morning expecting to go back to ATL. They asked if I would take the Alexandrias to Laredo. Off I went. When I came off break in Laredo, they said they had a driver that's going to be off all week. Asked me if I would run his 600 mile schedule to Temple and back. I said no problem. The next weekend they sent me up to Missouri then from there to Minneapolis. Then over to Fargo ND. Nearly a month later they started routing me home. Extraboard is what you make of it. If you like to run without complaining, they'll run you. If you kick and scream about everything, Xtraboard probably won't work out as well.

They've called me in on a Saturday a while back. I was at my girlfriends house near work. They wanted me to take a hot load to Opelika. I didn't really want to work but I thought what the hell. 90 miles down, 90 back. I was wearing shorts and a T shirt. I don't think I had shoes. Think flip flops.
Anyhow, I came in and they said they already have it covered. I said well I'm here now, I may as well run something. They called central. They asked if I would want to run to Alexandria, LA. I said I would. I took a set of laredo's to Alexandria. I woke up Sunday morning expecting to go back to ATL. They asked if I would take the Alexandrias to Laredo. Off I went. When I came off break in Laredo, they said they had a driver that's going to be off all week. Asked me if I would run his 600 mile schedule to Temple and back. I said no problem. The next weekend they sent me up to Missouri then from there to Minneapolis. Then over to Fargo ND. Nearly a month later they started routing me home. Extraboard is what you make of it. If you like to run without complaining, they'll run you. If you kick and scream about everything, Xtraboard probably won't work out as well.
That’s a hell of a tour driver

Okay thanks. I was told southeast region. Guess that’s not true.
that's how they reel you in they tell you you'll be southeast then all of a sudden you're spending 3-4 weeks in a row up in new England sitting in traffic getting 400 miles a day. I run xb out of Knoxville and I've been everywhere from San Antonio to Boston to Orlando to Chicago. every week will be different

that's how they reel you in they tell you you'll be southeast then all of a sudden you're spending 3-4 weeks in a row up in new England sitting in traffic getting 400 miles a day. I run xb out of Knoxville and I've been everywhere from San Antonio to Boston to Orlando to Chicago. every week will be different
Love it. I run the board out of Nc and have been to 31 states on a big Easy unit, rarely staying out more than 5-6 days.