Yellow | Y ellow R uined C ompany

Huh what?

Banned
Credits
First Zollars, now Welch. Maybe, just maybe, someone from the Big R can take the reigns and actually RUN this company. (and not into the ground)
And I'm a Yellow freight guy! Just being honest.

That is the truth. I started with Roadway express in 2000 and we never had the problems the yello freight always had. Then they go ahead and buy us out with NewPenn in the mixed and they just ****ed it all up. These CEO from Yellow should be shot. They sock.

That is the truth. I started with Roadway express in 2000 and we never had the problems the yello freight always had. Then they go ahead and buy us out with NewPenn in the mixed and they just ****ed it all up. These CEO from Yellow should be shot. They sock.

An the same with USF.

Easy to look back at how things used to be, but just wonder how those jobs would have been affected by the 2008/2009 downturn if they hadn't been bought. No way to know for sure I guess.

First of all I am a Teamster. I don't much care for the us vs them, yellow vs roadway crap. I don't care where the check comes from, Akron or KC as long as it doesn't bounce. That being said there is a clear difference in the two companies histories and management.

History of Yellow Corporation – FundingUniverse

History of Roadway Express, Inc. – FundingUniverse

Regardless of anyone's feelings about any of the companies (or predecessor companies), YRC and ABF have survived to the present day when so many others have gone down the toilet. So at least till now, they must have been doing something right.

USF was losing big money when we bought them , if not for the buy they would be long gone by now.

I beg to differ with you on that ..Even Redstar had turned the corner and was making money before they were shut down.. Holland ALWAYS made money ..

USF was losing big money when we bought them , if not for the buy they would be long gone by now.

If we would have never bought holland. We would been kings of the industry what we paid for Holland and assumed their debt killed us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I know it was Hollands fault that Zollars was so stupid that he over paid for both Roadway and Holland.. Please tell me again how you guys made it this far under the Great Bill Zollars and his sidekick Messiah Welch??

This was a plan from the start. They are union busters and they are doing a good job at what they set out to do. Don't be fooled into thinking either company was ever doing anything to protect it's employees.
Whether the economy tanked or not they have been out to get us all along.

I don't wanna get into this Y vs R vs Holland debate, but if you do a little research you will see all 3 companies were making money BEFORE Zollars screwed us all. Holland OR for 2005 (when purchased by Yellow Roadway) was 91.9%, Yellow Corp OR in 2003 was 95.3% & Roadway when purchased in 2003 their OR was 98.6%. The only thing that they all have in common is Zollars screwed us all. Also in 2005 Welch resigned his position when Zollars wanted to purchase USF Holland & told Zollars if he bought USF Holland he'd resign cause it would bankrupt the company. Zollars had this big picture of being 1 of the top 3 companies in the world with DHL & UPS & even wanted to buy freight airline companies to compete with the big 2. He just wasn't smart enough or was just to ignorant to listen to the analysts that told him NOT to do it. Zollars should be incarcerated for destroying so many families & lives.

I don't wanna get into this Y vs R vs Holland debate, but if you do a little research you will see all 3 companies were making money BEFORE Zollars screwed us all. Holland OR for 2005 (when purchased by Yellow Roadway) was 91.9%, Yellow Corp OR in 2003 was 95.3% & Roadway when purchased in 2003 their OR was 98.6%. The only thing that they all have in common is Zollars screwed us all. Also in 2005 Welch resigned his position when Zollars wanted to purchase USF Holland & told Zollars if he bought USF Holland he'd resign cause it would bankrupt the company. Zollars had this big picture of being 1 of the top 3 companies in the world with DHL & UPS & even wanted to buy freight airline companies to compete with the big 2. He just wasn't smart enough or was just to ignorant to listen to the analysts that told him NOT to do it. Zollars should be incarcerated for destroying so many families & lives.

You forgot to include one huge factor helping cause the mess we're currently in - the economic downturn of 2008/2009. Who knows how it all would have turned out had that not happened. Woulda, coulda, shoulda as they say.

You forgot to include one huge factor helping cause the mess we're currently in - the economic downturn of 2008/2009. Who knows how it all would have turned out had that not happened. Woulda, coulda, shoulda as they say.

Ok. I admit the "economy" is/was/could be, the MESS, but why only YRC?
Any other employees of LTL companies whom are giving back (getting screwed) to the "master" because of the economy?
Is that the reason behind the FedEx organizing? Conway organizing?

Any other employees of LTL companies whom are giving back (getting screwed) to the "master" because of the economy?

YRC made the big acquisitions shortly before the down turn, the others didn't. The current debt load is what's hurting them. It's just like the hundreds of thousands of folks who bought homes shortly before the housing bubble burst and now find themselves with homes worth much less than what they paid and with mortgage balances much greater than the homes value - i.e., they're underwater as the terminology goes.Those folks are trying to get the banks to renegotiate the loan terms just as YRC is.

What Fed-Ex and Con-Way organizing???