Estes | Yearly Bids

yes i know seniority sucks but if you have more time with the company then why should i have a b!@#* in what you do. hopefully i will have the time in someday to have those "whiskers" to hold a run or whatever. me personally i would go to the extraboard with a smile. you know i really don't care. i had a meet guy that made my run perfect now i miss that guy. where did he go ?? lol. i agree that if a guy wants the extra board then so be it, but if a guy with high seniority wants my run if he gets cut then thats his right and if i want someone's run who is below me then i should have the right to bump bid him. i am just sayin in a perfect world that is the way it should be. yes i could / would get the "shaft" but that is what seniority is about. if you have so much time in thats what you get. seems fair to me

You know out in the west if your bid gets cut permanently you can bump anyone lower in seniority off of a bid run instead of being a line driver here for 25 years and being forced to go to the extra board. Now this is what Estes put in effect back in April do not know if this has been put to use yet.

not yet, ive seen anyways,.. at usf dugan thats how we did it and it (bid and bump bid ) worked well. i know alot of guys fear it but it would all wash out for the better of everyone. take all the guessing game out . if you have alot of time in then you get what you want. very fair to me

I think we should be all on the same bidding procedure. We are one company but this crap about Estes and Estes West has got to go away. One pay schedule also is a big deal. I do not like the fact some of us are paid more for doing the exact job as others because our hire date with GI grandfatherd us in. We are Estes. Like it or not we are family. We should treat every employee the same and stop having different system. This would be my view no matter what situation I was in, just like bids.

Yea, I guess the bid process would make things better. The #2 senior man at our terminal is an extra border and don't want to be.

I think we should be all on the same bidding procedure. We are one company but this crap about Estes and Estes West has got to go away. One pay schedule also is a big deal. I do not like the fact some of us are paid more for doing the exact job as others because our hire date with GI grandfatherd us in. We are Estes. Like it or not we are family. We should treat every employee the same and stop having different system. This would be my view no matter what situation I was in, just like bids.
True dat,I would love to be making the same as the P&D drivers out west ,from what I understand its about two dollars more,Im not sure about line,extra board or hub drivers.

You know out in the west if your bid gets cut permanently you can bump anyone lower in seniority off of a bid run instead of being a line driver here for 25 years and being forced to go to the extra board. Now this is what Estes put in effect back in April do not know if this has been put to use yet.

Actually, no you can't. You can sign up for any run that is posted, the 90 day period is waived. You cannot bump any driver his or her run if it is not posted as open. You run whatever is available which I guess means the extra board. The manual does not say what position you would take on the extra board. (the top or the bottom) This is according to the manual I have. (rev. 01/08) This has been executed at my terminal.

Good point and I whole heartedly agree. :1036316054:

Actually, no you can't. You can sign up for any run that is posted, the 90 day period is waived. You cannot bump any driver his or her run if it is not posted as open. You run whatever is available which I guess means the extra board. The manual does not say what position you would take on the extra board. (the top or the bottom) This is according to the manual I have. (rev. 01/08) This has been executed at my terminal.

The papers you received in April along with us bidding again states exactly what I posted. If you still have that paperwork then reread it. This was Estes doing damage control and trying to make some long toothed drivers happy so they would not try and get representation

Bids in the west are being delayed until Jan. due to operational changes being made such as moving the break from lamirada 60 miles east to fontana

The papers you received in April along with us bidding again states exactly what I posted. If you still have that paperwork then reread it. This was Estes doing damage control and trying to make some long toothed drivers happy so they would not try and get representation

I don't have those papers. If I can find a copy I will re-read them. What I stated is how things are done at my terminal to this day. Every terminal has their own way of doing things I guess. Which isn't right but it is what it is.

the memo stated that we were waiting for the Riverside construction to finish. Hub is moving from La Mirada to Riverside which will cause lots of linehaul lanes to move. They want to wait till Jan instead of bidding now and again in Jan.

Has anyone in the west heard why the bids are being delayed?
We always bid mid September for a October start, but we are not being told anything about why they are pushed back.
And before we get into it once again Estes West bids yearly on our linehaul runs. Actually we Bid in March or April when they changed stuff around and they said in the papers we received that we would bid like usual for an October start date.

Because the East terminals will move to yearly bids also. Everyone will bid at the same time.

Because the East terminals will move to yearly bids also. Everyone will bid at the same time.

I hear the east will bid by turkey day and the west will bid at the end of Jan. ..If I get my hands on the memo I'll post it

Rules

You understand by using Truckingboards that this website is not an official website for any company nor are we endorsed by any company, you also realize that the information here may not be accurate at all and it is up to you determine the content.
be careful on postin company memos

Take heed and mark my words; estes EAST is revamping the scheduales to run mon-fri. And they'll re-bid all runs by the end of the month