Yellow’s yield-at-all-cost strategy may be ending

Yellow OR is actually good considering what they are going through. Hopefully the OR will improve after the merger.
No Yellow's O/R is a disgrace. For several years after they acquired Roadway and USF Group, their O/R was over 100. And was NOT included in SEC filings. Why do you think Yellow owes more money on the principle of the loans it NEEDED to make those purchases, after more than 20 years?
I have said this for MANY times over the years, Yellow could not make money, even if they used a printing press.

Now that is a meeting I would walk from Knoxville to Nashville to see in person. If someone is going to show YELLOW how to make money, that would be the finest economic advice ever given to one single human being. Reading a YELLOW end of quarter report is like reading a Chinese math book. All of the (), ~,-,%,$, that declares loss, gains, property, equipment, it is all smoke and mirrors. Has been since 2008. But they somehow keep it going.
Hawkins actually was at 309 last week and did a ride along with me to the rail and back. He mentioned he regularly looks at TB, and said he would love to have this Economics professor come to Music City and advise him on the, right way, to operate this company. He said his door is always open for people with knowledge of the industry.

Hawkins actually was at 309 last week and did a ride along with me to the rail and back. He mentioned he regularly looks at TB, and said he would love to have this Economics professor come to Music City and advise him on the, right way, to operate this company. He said his door is always open for people with knowledge of the industry.
We have that professor here in Scranton

No Yellow's O/R is a disgrace. For several years after they acquired Roadway and USF Group, their O/R was over 100. And was NOT included in SEC filings. Why do you think Yellow owes more money on the principle of the loans it NEEDED to make those purchases, after more than 20 years?
I have said this for MANY times over the years, Yellow could not make money, even if they used a printing press.
It’s OR is is not bad for this past quarter that’s all I was referring too. I didn’t say anything about past OR

For crying out loud, it's obvious to anyone on here. Just get rid of pups and 53' trailers and go back to floor loaded 45', 12' 6" trailers. It's not rocket science! :duh: :regretful:

It’s OR is is not bad for this past quarter that’s all I was referring too. I didn’t say anything about past OR
I'll be astonished if and when Yellow begins filing SEC financial reports using GAAP. Rather than EBITA.

I'll be astonished if and when Yellow begins filing SEC financial reports using GAAP. Rather than EBITA.
EBITDA is the new cats pajamas. They'll never go back to GAAP.

Did he comment on your 46 mph speed and the cute way you adjust your mirrors?

We're not coming down there.
We don't drive that far. It's too far away.
He'll have to come to our region.
We'll be glad to show him around.
Maybe he should where a mask and show us his vaccine card. We don't wanna catch what he's got.
No double and triple pox for us.
You better get your vaccine then. Pfizer is happy to comply. Just be warned of the blood clots.

I witnessed the "yield at all costs" strategy just last week. A yellow P&D driver was parked on the street trying to figure out how to get in the place I was delivering. I went full BillyLo and shot around him, I didn't have time to wait. Got deliveries to make, drivah.

It may not pay off for Yellow, but I'm liking it so far.