Yellow’s yield-at-all-cost strategy may be ending

So....What can the mathematical business geniuses tell me about this "booking a 96.6% OR".

I kinda thought that the OR which is good puts the decimal point before the 96. Not after.
Meaning they'd make 4 cents for every dollar spent.

Does this decimal point after the 96 mean they are spending 96 cents more than every dollar spent.

Enlighten me business minded mathematicians.
The OR here is given as a percentage. Didn't you notice the "%" symbol after the numbers? :duh:

So....What can the mathematical business geniuses tell me about this "booking a 96.6% OR".

I kinda thought that the OR which is good puts the decimal point before the 96. Not after.

Does this decimal point after the 96 mean they are spending 96 cents more than every dollar spent.

96.3 operating ratio means that for every dollar collected in revenue, Yellow spent 96.6 cents from pickup to delivery. It does not mean that Yellow made 3.4% profit. It's called "operating" ratio because it does not include money spent on equipment, building maintenance or taxes. Equipment is everything from hand trucks to rolling stock.

All the guys cheering them on are cheering for another pension crash at lightning speed.
Reduction is the game....yet all I get is arguments.
I think my stance would go the opposite direction...but of course I don't know math and ain't business smart.
Business smart takes us out...a guy here...100 there...nobody's nothing the 25 at 50 other places.
Pension crash? Please explain, Yellow hasn't paid full rate in 15 years. They go out of business only guys with 25 years can collect there reduced payment for only paying in 25 percent. Everyone else has to wait till there 65 if vested.

O.R. Numbers & other numbers are a numbers game , but Stock Price is a joke , for the so called largest LTL carrier being a Penny Stock is embarrassing ! Patel & Hawkins neeed to have a " SYNERGY " meeting about it ! p.s. , they are already gearing up to be very broke & poor for 2024 contract talks !!

96.3 operating ratio means that for every dollar collected in revenue, Yellow spent 96.6 cents from pickup to delivery. It does not mean that Yellow made 3.4% profit. It's called "operating" ratio because it does not include money spent on equipment, building maintenance or taxes. Equipment is everything from hand trucks to rolling stock.
I could definitely be wrong here, but I was always led to believe that operate ratio included everything...
Fuel, equipment, etc...
You could definitely be right Razor.

So are those trailers .45x .96 x .126 or 45% x 96% x 12.6%?
Asking for a friend.

This should clear some things up.

If we can exclude all the mistakes our dispatchers make, we'll improve our O.R. by 5 points...i.e. sending us for pickups we made the previous day

"65/25 for a pension?what are u sayin I have 63/20 and I can get it now"
You do not identify which fund you are in.

I thought the Economics Professor was going to Nashville a month ago to advise Hawkins on how to make money?
Now that is a meeting I would walk from Knoxville to Nashville to see in person. If someone is going to show YELLOW how to make money, that would be the finest economic advice ever given to one single human being. Reading a YELLOW end of quarter report is like reading a Chinese math book. All of the (), ~,-,%,$, that declares loss, gains, property, equipment, it is all smoke and mirrors. Has been since 2008. But they somehow keep it going.