Yellow | Yellow 4Th Q Investor Presentation

I heard they haven't been vaccinated.
They were giving out shots last night, Robert got his and think 15 more guys did to and plus you got a sticker for your jacket , saying I've been injected by Nurse Sally ! Should be safe & open by the 15th !!
16731-a-nurse-giving-a-middle-aged-man-a-vaccination-shot-pv.jpg

If you listen to 3rd qtr presentation it was said multiple times that they have consolidated terminals where necessary and will redraw areas and have no two carriers delivery to same zip code.
The average length of employee seniority is longer at YRC Freight than at the other operating subsidiaries. That is the only reason that YRC Freight Teamsters would be placed ahead of other Teamsters. Dovetailing is the procedure specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreements. Unfortunately, there are too many so-called brothers and sisters who do not understand the VERY SPECIFIC contract language, regarding mergers.

The average length of employee seniority is longer at YRC Freight than at the other operating subsidiaries. That is the only reason that YRC Freight Teamsters would be placed ahead of other Teamsters. Dovetailing is the procedure specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreements. Unfortunately, there are too many so-called brothers and sisters who do not understand the VERY SPECIFIC contract language, regarding mergers.
When we dovetailed with YRC at our barn they only had like 10 guys that stuck around for the merger but there was a huge gap at YRC. They had a few guys with like 35 years but then the rest had less than 8 years.

When we dovetailed with YRC at our barn they only had like 10 guys that stuck around for the merger but there was a huge gap at YRC. They had a few guys with like 35 years but then the rest had less than 8 years.
Yeah , some went to Dayton for $29.48 hour to start & some went to Old D. and some was smart and took a warehouse job at $24.00 and have a life and be about to go home and see your house more than a few hours a week !

I tried calling Chris Harris this morning about something else and Steve at Cenrtal said the computer people were in the building already working on the new system. I guess Chris is the new Andrew Cook?

Not sure you understood my post. I was referring to comments in earnings call when it was stated several times that terminal reduction was pretty well completed with 12 or 13 more to be consolidated/ closed. Remaining terminals would have area redrawn to eliminate overlap of any two carriers. Reference to a split of territory where two terminals are in same town.
I fully understand merger and dovetail. Some areas Holland hired many people in mid 90s and some cases in merging YRC men may lose considerable seniority in a merger.

Not sure you understood my post. I was referring to comments in earnings call when it was stated several times that terminal reduction was pretty well completed with 12 or 13 more to be consolidated/ closed. Remaining terminals would have area redrawn to eliminate overlap of any two carriers. Reference to a split of territory where two terminals are in same town.
I fully understand merger and dovetail. Some areas Holland hired many people in mid 90s and some cases in merging YRC men may lose considerable seniority in a merger.
i thought there was only going to be one carrier named YELLOW

i thought there was only going to be one carrier named YELLOW
That is probably correct, as far as merging a YRC with NP or Hmx or Reddaway it sounds like that is for the most part completed.

Not to say redrawing boundaries might create some follow of work rules.
Time will tell, let’s hope they can get back to making money and maybe get the drivers and dock workers back to 2021 wages instead of 2009 wages.

That is probably correct, as far as merging a YRC with NP or Hmx or Reddaway it sounds like that is for the most part completed.

Not to say redrawing boundaries might create some follow of work rules.
Time will tell, let’s hope they can get back to making money and maybe get the drivers and dock workers back to 2021 wages instead of 2009 wages.
Time will also tell if their, only 1 truck in each zip code picking up for all carriers works. Seems I remember when that rocket scientist, Zollars tried loading 2 companies outbound freight on to 1 trailer to be sorted at the breakbulk. That brought flashbacks of the bomb dropped at Yucca Flats.

Time will also tell if their, only 1 truck in each zip code picking up for all carriers works. Seems I remember when that rocket scientist, Zollars tried loading 2 companies outbound freight on to 1 trailer to be sorted at the breakbulk. That brought flashbacks of the bomb dropped at Yucca Flats.
It might work. Would put more freight in areas that are lacking freight. Also could end up putting 2 trucks in same area to handle the freight. Not sure how they would move overnight freight efficiently, well we have a problem with that now.
One thing for sure they will try and re invent the wheel.

It might work. Would put more freight in areas that are lacking freight. Also could end up putting 2 trucks in same area to handle the freight. Not sure how they would move overnight freight efficiently, well we have a problem with that now.
One thing for sure they will try and re invent the wheel.
Wait and see.

8BF5DE43-E2EC-45D8-B5F2-48338E99E428.md.png

Going have my Cayman office take a look at this ( ROCE ) info ??

Simply Wall St
November 19, 2021

If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for? In a perfect world, we'd like to see a company investing more capital into its business and ideally the returns earned from that capital are also increasing. Basically this means that a company has profitable initiatives that it can continue to reinvest in, which is a trait of a compounding machine. In light of that, when we looked at Yellow (NASDAQ:YELL) and its ROCE trend, we weren't exactly thrilled.

Understanding Return On Capital Employed (ROCE)​

For those who don't know, ROCE is a measure of a company's yearly pre-tax profit (its return), relative to the capital employed in the business. The formula for this calculation on Yellow is:

Return on Capital Employed = Earnings Before Interest and Tax (EBIT) ÷ (Total Assets - Current Liabilities)
0.039 = US$66m ÷ (US$2.5b - US$763m) (Based on the trailing twelve months to September 2021).
So, Yellow has an ROCE of 3.9%. In absolute terms, that's a low return and it also under-performs the Transportation industry average of 12%.