Yellow adds driver schools, eyes training 1,000 drivers in 2022

Really so they can go to R&L, Old Dominion, Estes, Saia, Fedex and others after they get trained with doubles? Yellow is training their competitors drivers lol!
Let them Go,The grass is not always greener on the other side.You go from a union job to a place where your a at will employee .In this business.That’s funny.

Let them Go,The grass is not always greener on the other side.You go from a union job to a place where your a at will employee .In this business.That’s funny.
Totally agree! There's a post in the Old Dominion Forum about someone who had a minor incident and was fired because company don't want to pay him 4-5 weeks vacation higher medical costs? Yellow or ABF he would have been back to work in a week.

Totally agree! There's a post in the Old Dominion Forum about someone who had a minor incident and was fired because company don't want to pay him 4-5 weeks vacation higher medical costs? Yellow or ABF he would have been back to work in a week.
Most likely.It all depends on what happened the last 9 months of service.

FullSizeRender-2-2-1024x810.jpeg
First Day of Driver training Class went good , everybody was paying Attention and very excited to start driving , as long as they can goggle on their phone on how to back up or drive in a snow storm !!

FullSizeRender-2-2-1024x810.jpeg
First Day of Driver training Class went good , everybody was paying Attention and very excited to start driving , as long as they can goggle on their phone on how to back up or drive in a snow storm !!
I heard they started, pre CDL training for 15-16 year olds, partner. Getting them ready for when they turn 18 and can leave Iowa.

Yellow will be idiots if they train these children to drive their stuff in the company way and then fire them 2 months in for using the word No to a dispatcher or rubbing a curb or whatever minor.

I heard they started, pre CDL training for 15-16 year olds, partner. Getting them ready for when they turn 18 and can leave Iowa.
Yup, these 18 years olds will show us how its done , because I remember how I drove my 15 speed back when I started driving ! Zoom Zoom !!:shift:

One trainer took me out to Joppa on US 40, found us a big parking area, about two acres. Told me to take that Ford 9000 Day cab and make a doughnut on ice and snow. It has to be a doughnut in both directions.

I repeated the exercise until ovals and screwups became doughnuts under my will.

Then he said make figure 8's and let her drift the drives. But get it under control for the straight paths. And so... Figure 8's

Anything else? Yes hook that 20 foot empty do it again. That damn thing tried to whip the tractor around. Tail wagging the dog.

When we were finished all that, I was happy. Lot was cleared off and left in piles.

Its a good thing the Bossy Man ever laid eyeballs on that goings on. He would have had a stroke.

You know why yellow is doing this right?
Our wonderful overlords in the federal government decided that in order to acquire a cdl one must complete 160 hours of classroom time. Not all cdl holders work for huge companies with facilities for training. This will severely curtail new drivers entering the workforce and create a bidding war for cdl holders.
A sample with a link. Big changes coming in trucking compensation I think
Hopefully we are all grandfathered in. All I needed to get my cdl was a truck and a carrier rep. Things have changed

Yellow is going to start flying in Somalians who have never driven a car before and train them to drive trucks like CRST! Until one of them run over the Bidens nothing will change.

I am grandfathered in where I am. If I wanted to get a CDL Back, its a big rig and a test done with written tests etc. And done. Maybe a hour. Theoretically I could just fee em, written tests and have the CDL back. No school no nothing. Medical stuff would not apply under Tier Two which is a paper I will sign certifying that.

I have absolutely no interest. The money is never there and frankly there is no way due to the diagnosis that were made on record. There are farms here that can probably stick me in a old iron and do a spot of rice or grain to a silot down the road here or there without anything. But again they could not pay me enough to entice that sort of thing.

You know why yellow is doing this right?
Our wonderful overlords in the federal government decided that in order to acquire a cdl one must complete 160 hours of classroom time. Not all cdl holders work for huge companies with facilities for training. This will severely curtail new drivers entering the workforce and create a bidding war for cdl holders.
A sample with a link. Big changes coming in trucking compensation I think
Hopefully we are all grandfathered in. All I needed to get my cdl was a truck and a carrier rep. Things have changed
Only a few US states format their licenses according to the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic so all of these foreign truck drivers have to be retrained.

Only a few US states format their licenses according to the 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic so all of these foreign truck drivers have to be retrained.
Not going to happen. The other day I had to wait for a Mexican truck driver to exit a pilot via the entrance because he can’t read English. Can’t speak it either. No way Uncle Sam makes them take tests when he freely allows them across the border and then flies them to us cities