Yellow | Yellow Change of Operations: “Super Regional” Network Begins (TDU)

Here's a question that was asked by another Brother..

Food for thought....how can YRC be merged into a Reddaway terminal that is non-union, or even on a white paper contract and Reddaway be the surviving terminal? Let alone, YRCF Teamsters will have to go by their work rules that were never negotiated by the IBT, even if it is a white paper contract?

This and hundreds of other questions should be asked of your local freight business agents who may attend the change of operations hearings in June. NOW is the time to pour over these change of ops proposals to see how they will affect you and your fellow Teamsters in your barn. As this Phase 1 change will most likely be the blueprint for changes in the 2nd and 3rd phases later in the year, it would behoove Brothers and Sisters at New Penn, Holland, and the rest of YRC Freight to be ready with questions for their change of ops committees too.

Many of you went through this in 2009 when Yellow Freight and Roadway "merged" and remember what challenges you went through with the committees and their decisions then. THIS TIME...BE PREPARED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. GET YOUR STEWARDS AND BUSINESS AGENTS INVOLVED ASAP!

Remember that...

injury.jpg
Solidarity Brothers and Sisters at YELLOW!
:usa:
There is no more Reddaway white paper. They are part of the NMFA. Denver Reddaway was the last holdout and they have the numbers in their Card check campaign to be recognized. You all are 1 company 1 contract and so the merge commences. You voted for the utility changes along with those sweet pay cuts. Enjoy the new Yellow Freight.

New equipment???what I remember they purchased used tractors that where already worn out, moved us out of west Middlesex to Richfield and turned it into a disaster.
That’s what I remember. Then when Preston closed I went to Yellow for 3 years, then left and went to Holland. Loved Holland. Then Sob Yellow bought Holland.

Yeah. Companies like to lose money. It's an amazing business plan.
Companies do loss-leaders all the time. Supermarkets drop prices on certain items in their weekly circulars to get you into the store where you buy other full price items. Computer printer manufacturers sell printers at extremely low prices so you pay a fortune for the replacement ink. SOP.

Companies do loss-leaders all the time. Supermarkets drop prices on certain items in their weekly circulars to get you into the store where you buy other full price items. Computer printer manufacturers sell printers at extremely low prices so you pay a fortune for the replacement ink. SOP.
FedEx bought American Freightways and, in a decade, was the largest LTL carrier in the country.
In your example, the goal and the outcome is for the company to show a profit.

I don't believe we ever heard UPS Freight was losing money, they never broke out freight by itself that I can remember....it just didn't make as much as they wanted...I have a customer on my run who used UPS for freight and parcel....he had lots of parcel very little freight...they gave him a 90% discount on freight to get all his parcel...as I type this on a kindle fire it reminds me that Amazon sells these at a loss....they figure they will make up for it in sales on Amazon since it is easy to sit on the couch and purchase items.....

Preston Trucking Closes Its Doors​

July 27, 1999 • •
Just a year after the management of Preston Trucking bought the operation from Yellow Corp. and turned it into an independent company, the Maryland-based company ceased operations effective July 26.

Preston is a unionized carrier that operated more than 60 terminals. It was the sixth-largest regional freight hauler in the country, according to published reports.
Things were looking up, reports the Akron (OH) Beacon Journal. The company had recently turned a profit for the first time since 1990. Yellow had forgiven almost $80 million in debt as part of the sale. The company had a five-year labor agreement with the Teamsters union. Revenues were growing, with major shippers such as Hoover, Mr. Coffee and Rubbermaid.
But the company had cash flow problems, and Preston's creditors said Saturday they wouldn't advance any more money. The company wasn't able to make other financial arrangements.
Preston was founded in 1932 and was independent until Yellow Corp. bought it in 1993. Yellow sold the company last summer to a group of Preston executives.
Yellow Freight System stepped into the breach to offer Preston customers continuing service. "We have the equipment and network capacity to handle the Preston volume, particularly in the Upper Midwest and Mid-Atlantic Seaboard," said Yellow President Bill Zollars, "and we intend to increase that capacity further by adding many of Preston's outstanding employees in areas where we need them."
Overnite Transportation yesterday signed an agreement with Preston to help customers with shipments to and from Puerto Rico and plans to assume Preston's entire Puerto Rican operations.

Yep, and I'll bet ole RB has an ink-jet printer.

Preston Trucking Closes Its Doors​

July 27, 1999 • •
Just a year after the management of Preston Trucking bought the operation from Yellow Corp. and turned it into an independent company, the Maryland-based company ceased operations effective July 26.

Preston is a unionized carrier that operated more than 60 terminals. It was the sixth-largest regional freight hauler in the country, according to published reports.
Things were looking up, reports the Akron (OH) Beacon Journal. The company had recently turned a profit for the first time since 1990. Yellow had forgiven almost $80 million in debt as part of the sale. The company had a five-year labor agreement with the Teamsters union. Revenues were growing, with major shippers such as Hoover, Mr. Coffee and Rubbermaid.
But the company had cash flow problems, and Preston's creditors said Saturday they wouldn't advance any more money. The company wasn't able to make other financial arrangements.
Preston was founded in 1932 and was independent until Yellow Corp. bought it in 1993. Yellow sold the company last summer to a group of Preston executives.
Yellow Freight System stepped into the breach to offer Preston customers continuing service. "We have the equipment and network capacity to handle the Preston volume, particularly in the Upper Midwest and Mid-Atlantic Seaboard," said Yellow President Bill Zollars, "and we intend to increase that capacity further by adding many of Preston's outstanding employees in areas where we need them."
Overnite Transportation yesterday signed an agreement with Preston to help customers with shipments to and from Puerto Rico and plans to assume Preston's entire Puerto Rican operations.
I always liked to pull the Vick's Healthcare Products trailers from Puerto Rico.
You could always count on 6 or 8 hrs of breakdown time with blown tires.
Dayton wheels, we only had Budd in our tire banks.

Article 3 Section 7 covers 3 pages on Utility Employee.

It says the parties recognize the need to compete..

What parties were those? By coming up with this?
The ultimate breaking down conditions bid......"to compete".
What a joke.

And it says most, if not, ALL terminals will have them.

They get rid of the road with this AND they work across all job classifications....
So they can cut into early city bids also.

Soon all they need is utility bids...on call......and this company becomes the biggest scab outfit of all time.

A WHOLE DOLLAR AN HOUR MORE!!!!!
WOOOOHOOOO!

For those going into COO'S......read this article 3 Section 7....... There goes your road board.
Ours went from 30 or so to 6 or so...
.Utility became the rest.
What an ******* company.

It says the parties recognize the need to compete..

What parties were those? By coming up with this?
The ultimate breaking down conditions bid......"to compete".
What a joke.

And it says most, if not, ALL terminals will have them.

They get rid of the road with this AND they work across all job classifications....
So they can cut into early city bids also.

Soon all they need is utility bids...on call......and this company becomes the biggest scab outfit of all time.

A WHOLE DOLLAR AN HOUR MORE!!!!!
WOOOOHOOOO!

For those going into COO'S......read this article 3 Section 7....... There goes your road board.
Ours went from 30 or so to 6 or so...
.Utility became the rest.
What an ******* company.
Brothers and sisters, unfortunately, it will be happy people and angry people on this COO, but is about time that everyone pulls together.
No more birds sleeping on the ropes...:poke:
Others are hunting and bringing the food so everyone can eat, is not fair.:wtflol:
Stop leaving on the past, be ready for a change.
be happy and don't hate.
:crybaby: :shift:
Road drivers City drivers

Brothers and sisters, unfortunately, it will be happy people and angry people on this COO, but is about time that everyone pulls together.
Others are hunting and bringing the food so everyone can eat, is not fair.:wtflol:
be happy and don't hate.
Place might be doomed .

be happy and don't hate.
Work, Boy. WORK!!!!!

What I see is YRC slowly, trying to move freight like FedEx, XPO, and a few others do, so they are basically called road drivers doing dock work, switches, fueling, or whatever job needs done. And yes, I know how many road guys will say, I’m not running a forklift, or fueling, or crack me over the head with a mirror,but that type of competition is forcing YRC to change operations. Ok, you have all been great, but I gotta go.