Yellow | Yellow Change of Operations: Bidding Opens in the West

I worked at a 4 man EOL we didn't have much time for that. Was also why I usually told road drivers they would have to hook themselves. Most were fine some weren't. Didn't bother me.
Out West those nasty road drivers get triple time when they hook . If your in the yard and won't hook them but that might be why you only have 4 men. Hook them up and maybe they will hire a person.

Out West those nasty road drivers get triple time when they hook . If your in the yard and won't hook them but that might be why you only have 4 men. Hook them up and maybe they will hire a person.
Lol hire more people? Stop it. Who’s there to hire ? How about they do there jobs or get out of the way. I’d rather hook my own sets anyway. It’ll get done faster so I can go home.

Haul gasoline, local gig $_$ Don’t like the changes yellow is implementing. I liked my 3, 2 non destination bid schedule. I liked going otr and driving 500+ miles every opportunity I could get. I loved my assigned truck. I loved how nobody bugged me and the environment was pretty laid back. It was a great opportunity but I’m not driving a dork lift or taking a pay cut.
Well looks like your at an adult decision crossroads. I stay to watch the fireworks and 6 weeks of semi paid vacation days. Never had a pension in mind. Idk maybe being Gen X and always hearing about social security going broke. Never relied on a pension. 401k all the way. I can get a CDL job anywhere. Can’t earn 6 weeks vacation ever again. Gotta ride this into the ground. If you don’t have very much seniority or vacation time your absolutely nuts to stay here. Lol just my opinion. Good luck…

Lol I’d rather hook my own sets anyway. It’ll get done faster.
I doubt it. I used to have to break and rebook them sometimes 4 or more times a day on a 250 mile pedal run maybe 15 or so stops. I'm sure you will hook them faster than a break. With all due respect you obviously never dealt with some of the many 3-5 man EOL's throughout the country. Have a great day sir.

Attend your Union meetings or don't complain , sad so many Union members won't attend Union meetings ! https://www.tdu.org/news_making-most-local-union-meetings
Isn’t that
Well looks like your at an adult decision crossroads. I stay to watch the fireworks and 6 weeks of semi paid vacation days. Never had a pension in mind. Idk maybe being Gen X and always hearing about social security going broke. Never relied on a pension. 401k all the way. I can get a CDL job anywhere. Can’t earn 6 weeks vacation ever again. Gotta ride this into the ground. If you don’t have very much seniority or vacation time your absolutely nuts to stay here. Lol just my opinion. Good luck…
I have 40 hours vacation. Maybe I should use them before I leave. IF I leave. I’m hoping something happens and I can keep running traditional line haul. Imma wait it out for a bit.

Last edited:
I doubt it. I used to have to break and rebook them sometimes 4 or more times a day on a 250 mile pedal run maybe 15 or so stops. I'm sure you will hook them faster than a break. With all due respect you obviously never dealt with some of the many 3-5 man EOL's throughout the country. Have a great day sir.
Yeah your right we’re the same. I go 500 miles with 1-2 stops max. Lol I must be missing something sir. 15 stops 4 or more hooks. I’ve done longer haul P&D. I’ve done shorter line haul. Hooks are hooks. I’ll do doubles all day long absolutely simple. I will agree with you hooking triples do suck especially if you have more then 2 break ups. I’d still rather do my sets then sit and wait. I want to go home not sit in a truck. Your as well sir have a lovely evening.

Is that all? In the Southern Region, Road gets ALL time involved PLUS a 4-hour penalty pay for the sets not being pre-strung.

Always got mine paid
Did you have to fill out a time slip and get it signed by a dispatcher ?
The TMs at some of the EOLs would not let their people do the yard work. They did not want the $$$ coming out of their terminal budget.
Usually the pre string would been done as the last thing on closeout shift. Did not want to pay his people the OT .
More Yellow numbers games...

Did you have to fill out a time slip and get it signed by a dispatcher ?
The TMs at some of the EOLs would not let their people do the yard work. They did not want the $$$ coming out of their terminal budget.
Usually the pre string would been done as the last thing on closeout shift. Did not want to pay his people the OT .
More Yellow numbers games...
Two different EOL terminals in the same geographic area, one has sets pre-strung and ready to go and the other doesn't even have the outbound loads parked in the same area, and no idea if the dolly you find there is roadworthy since no one red tags a bad one. Absolute waste of driver time at the second place. Really sad.