Yellow | Yellow Change of Operations: Bidding Opens in the West

Two different EOL terminals in the same geographic area, one has sets pre-strung and ready to go and the other doesn't even have the outbound loads parked in the same area, and no idea if the dolly you find there is roadworthy since no one red tags a bad one. Absolute waste of driver time at the second place. Really sad.
I know when I worked at YRC I would string them, go to Penske wash the set, then I would even put new air in the tires whenever I heard Triplex was on the way....
:101::1sm364jumpbed::15::19:

Did you have to fill out a time slip and get it signed by a dispatcher ?
The TMs at some of the EOLs would not let their people do the yard work. They did not want the $$$ coming out of their terminal budget.
Usually the pre string would been done as the last thing on closeout shift. Did not want to pay his people the OT .
More Yellow numbers games...
I filled out the form with all available converter dolly numbers on the yard upon my arrival as instructed per Committee decision years ago (1995?) on this and always got paid for it.

SPREAD THIS INFORMATION ON THE CHANGE OF OPS DECISION AROUND! THIS IS A GOOD HEADS-UP FOR MEMBERS IN THE WEST WHOSE LOCALS ARE HAVING MEETINGS SOON TO DISCUSS THE DETAILS OF THE CHANGE AND HOW THEY WILL AFFECT SENIORITY, JOB CLASSIFICATION, MOVING, AND OTHER ISSUES!

ASK QUESTIONS AND BE PREPARED!

:19:
not a good change for road driver you will lose your shirt as a utility driver thats their game more work more hours less money not gona work just saying

Been in the Southern Region NMFA since 1995.
If a local Combo or P&D filed a runaround on the road driver for hooking their own set, loads OR empties. They were paid 8 hours as well. Provided all equipment was on hand and available for pre-string.

I'm curious to see how many guys from the old YRC terminal will come to the old Reddaway terminal in SLC we get very little overtime over here it's going to be interesting.

I'm curious to see how many guys from the old YRC terminal will come to the old Reddaway terminal in SLC we get very little overtime over here it's going to be interesting.
Over where ? Reddaway basically works 5-10’s in SLC. I’m assuming your talking about YRC. I would guess that’s because everyone just leaves on their 8 lol