Yellow | Yellow Change of Operations: Bidding Opens in the West

They leave because their shift is over. Must be asked ( in seniority order) to stay over.
Now I’m assuming seniority order in their respective areas. Right ? Now this kinda makes sense now because its slower I guess. 6 months ago to the past 15 years all I heard in SLC is how far behind YRC was. 100’s of bills not delivered blah blah blah. Logically how can you keep a company open and running if your workforce does 8 hrs. And leaves with 100’s of bills behind ? I know guys in Montana that absolutely love the amount of OT. That’s basically the only reason why they stay. Lol good grief no OT what a ride this is going to be…

Has anyone posted up a list of the Terminals that are being closed? That information will give you a good idea of how many teamsters will be relocating into the 2 slc Yellow facilities.

Has anyone posted up a list of the Terminals that are being closed? That information will give you a good idea of how many teamsters will be relocating into the 2 slc Yellow facilities.
Most of them are in So. Cal like San Diego area. A couple in LA area I think. Out of the SLC UT area non. But Three Forks MT. Looks like it’s moving over to Butte MT.

Most of them are in So. Cal like San Diego area. A couple in LA area I think. Out of the SLC UT area non. But Three Forks MT. Looks like it’s moving over to Butte MT.
Rumor has it the SLC Reddaway Terminal is already under contract to be sold. It is one of the only properties YRC still owned free and clear. Get ready to join everyone over at the Yellow barn later this year or early next year. And before anyone has a chance to say its not possible because of space issues,Let me remind you that Roadway slc was bigger than Reddaway slc is today. Shrink to fit is the New Yellow freight way of doing business. Yellow is counting on workers leaving due to frustration. that way they avoid layoffs and paying out unemployment.

From page 15 of the ""Yeller"" management manual !!
c1d2ba6697bcdd7236340f359fa84361.jpg

Rumor has it the SLC Reddaway Terminal is already under contract to be sold. It is one of the only properties YRC still owned free and clear. Get ready to join everyone over at the Yellow barn later this year or early next year. And before anyone has a chance to say its not possible because of space issues,Let me remind you that Roadway slc was bigger than Reddaway slc is today. Shrink to fit is the New Yellow freight way of doing business. Yellow is counting on workers leaving due to frustration. that way they avoid layoffs and paying out unemployment.
Huh very interesting. I have no idea how you know this unless your in the corporate office. The local just had meetings informing us of the new structure utilizing both terminals. But whatever if so then let’s do it. Let’s get it over with. Holyshit this is exhausting…

Now I’m assuming seniority order in their respective areas. Right ? Now this kinda makes sense now because its slower I guess. 6 months ago to the past 15 years all I heard in SLC is how far behind YRC was. 100’s of bills not delivered blah blah blah. Logically how can you keep a company open and running if your workforce does 8 hrs. And leaves with 100’s of bills behind ? I know guys in Montana that absolutely love the amount of OT. That’s basically the only reason why they stay. Lol good grief no OT what a ride this is going to be…
Seniority prevails on any extra work.
Again YOU must be asked in seniority order for OT.
Their is plenty of OT in SLC come in early and stay late.
FYI SLC has some of the highest paid city drivers and dock workers in the system.

Huh very interesting. I have no idea how you know this unless your in the corporate office. The local just had meetings informing us of the new structure utilizing both terminals. But whatever if so then let’s do it. Let’s get it over with. Holyshit this is exhausting…
I used to think Yellow would utilize both facility's and emulate what FDXF does in slc, But upon further review, I don't think they have any intentions of maintaining the volume of unprofitable/Low profit freight generated in those 2 day Reddaway lanes. just an observation

I used to think Yellow would utilize both facility's and emulate what FDXF does in slc, But upon further review, I don't think they have any intentions of maintaining the volume of unprofitable/Low profit freight generated in those 2 day Reddaway lanes. just an observation
Your starting to get the picture..

Ok so why would you just cut out the break even or low profit freight all at once And close a terminal that Reddaway built in SLC. That’s 118 doors and 27 acres big. Instead of replacing it with higher more profitable freight? Maybe I answered my own question lol we sign PT contracts to haul empty trailers lol

Ok so why would you just cut out the break even or low profit freight all at once And close a terminal that Reddaway built in SLC. That’s 118 doors and 27 acres big. Instead of replacing it with higher more profitable freight? Maybe I answered my own question lol we sign PT contracts to haul empty trailers lol
Which terminal would have the higher sale price?
That's the one that's closing...................................

Well looks like your at an adult decision crossroads. I stay to watch the fireworks and 6 weeks of semi paid vacation days. Never had a pension in mind. Idk maybe being Gen X and always hearing about social security going broke. Never relied on a pension. 401k all the way. I can get a CDL job anywhere. Can’t earn 6 weeks vacation ever again. Gotta ride this into the ground. If you don’t have very much seniority or vacation time your absolutely nuts to stay here. Lol just my opinion. Good luck…
Left YRC after 20 years. My first year at my new job I get 24 PTO . There’s hope out there ! Just keep looking !

Left YRC after 20 years. My first year at my new job I get 24 PTO . There’s hope out there ! Just keep looking !
Absolutely. If your talking days then Wowzers good for you. Hell yeah. But hours lol not so much. When you have over 230 hours makes it a lot harder lol get out asap.

Last edited: