Yellow | Yellow Change of Operations Plans "On Hold" In The West?!

Hopefully the new regime has a pair of
charlie sheen baseball GIF
You think the union will want to give up 20 million dollars a year in dues? Hahaha.

A road driver told me they are renaming all facilities One Federal. Stickers for all rolling stock are waiting to be printed now. Severe shortage of white vinyl sheets across the land may delay rebranding until after Prime Day
The name "One Federal" while it would be ok for Fed Ex it will imply other things of a closer association with the Federal Government in many ways.

The idea that you cannot have plastic backing for signs made is somewhat a reach. In order to get Vinyl you have to use Chlorides or even Bromide based chemicals. OR you use PVC Plastics which causes other problems by staying in Humans in a variety of ways and accumulate.

Your hazmat trucking booklet will tell you all about Vinyl. Also in order to get some plastic items you need petroleum oil which creates additional issues with the end product of Refining Plants unable to continue in business selling the chemical byproducts of refining oil as such. Including by the way Engine oil and many other useful items in our modern living. Its everything.

Last edited:
Question. I’m a Reddaway guy now forced to be a Yellow guy. Do they need permission for any change of operations? I don’t get the thinking of the drastic changes. If they want to fine tune and clear out the waste and move freight faster, then why such drastic changes? Why not smaller increment? Thank You
Unfortunately the old saying “ for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction” is very true in the change of ops of this magnitude. Don’t be surprised if once it is done there is not another one to fine tune line haul operations across the country. With all of the over lap of city P/D and line haul currently it is a huge task to sort it out. Also don’t be surprised if it’s not a dumpster fire also, there history is not the best .

Hoffa was very kind to YRC, even in the face of paycuts for workers while officers and office workers got some pretty hefty raises and bonuses.

I hope those days are over.
Hoffa didn’t want another trucking company to go out of business
saved thousands of jobs

What's FED EX's new name going to be? Everybody knows that's the only reason you do change of operations

FedEx said the initiative will allow it to operate 100 fewer U.S. stations over the next five years even as it grows its volumes over that time. It also forecast a 10% reduction in U.S. pickup and delivery routes over that period. In areas with relatively low package density, business units will operate out of one station, executives said

synergy.md.jpg
:chairshot:

How was AB5 going to effect fedX?
That's exactly what I've been wondering. Not just the evil empire but the 70,000 oos in CA. They just fold it up and go home, move out, go to work for The Man? I am curious to see. I think some shortages are headed CA citizens way. Not those pompous a$$es in Sacramento but the folks who voted this scum in.

How was AB5 going to effect fedX?
Fedex ground did away with owner ops years ago. You now have to be a business with X amount of trucks. All the new tractors don't have Fedex name on the tractors just the Contractors co and DOT number in Grey on the door. All the drivers work for the Contractors. Where do you think Amazon stole the idea from. Fedex Freight and Express are all company drivers.

W
Fedex ground did away with owner ops years ago. You now have to be a business with X amount of trucks. All the new tractors don't have Fedex name on the tractors just the Contractors co and DOT number in Grey on the door. All the drivers work for the Contractors. Where do you think Amazon stole the idea from. Fedex Freight and Express are all company drivers.
Where do you think fedx ground got the idea from, or let’s just say they Inherited it form roadway, rps! When they bought roadway services!

Unfortunately the old saying “ for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction” is very true in the change of ops of this magnitude. Don’t be surprised if once it is done there is not another one to fine tune line haul operations across the country. With all of the over lap of city P/D and line haul currently it is a huge task to sort it out. Also don’t be surprised if it’s not a dumpster fire also, there history is not the best .
they destroyed what was left of npme in one change to utility

So then collect your money every Friday and watch the fireworks I guess. It’s absolutely amazing to watch and deal with lol unbelievable