Yellow | Yellow Corporation Schedules Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits

:poke:

I can already hear it: “We lost XX Million dollars due to COVID and expenses from blah blah blah, even though our competitors, including ABF which has even more benefit obligations than us and pays more, turned a profit. We expect our turnaround plan to payoff soon, and right the ship, just like our last 10 turnaround plans/change of ops.” Hasn’t Yellow/YRC only turned a profit one quarter out of at least the last 40 quarters? It’s like the Sears of freight companies.

I can already hear it: “We lost XX Million dollars due to COVID and expenses from blah blah blah, even though our competitors, including ABF which has even more benefit obligations than us and pays more, turned a profit. We expect our turnaround plan to payoff soon, and right the ship, just like our last 10 turnaround plans/change of ops.” Hasn’t Yellow/YRC only turned a profit one quarter out of at least the last 40 quarters? It’s like the Sears of freight companies.
more like k-mart, if they had 2 nickels and rubbed them together they couldn't make a dime!

It's all a number's game till the fat popcorn lady sings !! The Enron scandal drew attention to accounting and corporate fraud as its shareholders lost $74 billion in the four years leading up to its bankruptcy, and its employees lost billions in pension... ,

It's all a number's game till the fat popcorn lady sings !! The Enron scandal drew attention to accounting and corporate fraud as its shareholders lost $74 billion in the four years leading up to its bankruptcy, and its employees lost billions in pension... ,
Hey partner. Big Dave said you took a sick day for August 4th, as you have been invited to sit on the panel asking Darren questions about the quarterly report? Can you give us any hints on your questions you will ask?

you forgot the company lost millions but it could have been way worse because of spring rain and heat domes- so we feel the executives deserve bone-us

I recall Sears bought K- Mart and Sunk both ships.
Actually no...Kmart bought Sears and called the new company Sears Holdings as the parent to both. Eddie Lampert was a hedge fund manager who engineered all of it. They were profitable the first four or five years. Then Eddie started selling Sears assets to his own other companies draining Sears till it was dry. Huge scam perpetrated by a Wall Street scumbag.

Actually no...Kmart bought Sears and called the new company Sears Holdings as the parent to both. Eddie Lampert was a hedge fund manager who engineered all of it. They were profitable the first four or five years. Then Eddie started selling Sears assets to his own other companies draining Sears till it was dry. Huge scam perpetrated by a Wall Street scumbag.
Years ago, Sears had one of the best profit-sharing deals going.
My brother and his wife both retired with huge hunks of change.

Sad story about the slow decline of Sears. Used to be a great store.

And for more unpleasant news, today is the last day for another iconic establishment close by. Sad day for the area.

Sad story about the slow decline of Sears. Used to be a great store.

And for more unpleasant news, today is the last day for another iconic establishment close by. Sad day for the area.

In our younger days, we never dreamed of the demise of Nabisco or Sears.
Today, nothing is a surprise.

Forgot to mention the cost of rebranding SCHNIDERCRSTYELLOW is a lot to get on one piece of equipment

Hey partner. Big Dave said you took a sick day for August 4th, as you have been invited to sit on the panel asking Darren questions about the quarterly report? Can you give us any hints on your questions you will ask?
Working on the list of Questions , here are a few (1) Since Jamie left has our profits dropped more than 15% ? (2) Any truth to rumor that "Jamie" is coming back a 3rd time in Dec for year end number's adjustments ? (3) Are we at least 15% completed with merger plans ? (4) Now that XPO joined Union , will we raise our wages up to the higher non-union pay scale ? (5) Are you getting a new golf cart this year ? (6) What areas is HNRY going to be merging into first ? (7) Are we still on track with the Cayman Island "Container " division for shipping mirrors overseas ? (8) Can my partner & me& other T.B. members still transfer to the Cayman Division & hold our seniority ? , just the list so far !

Sears was a great company to work for. I have an old family friend who raised his family working on the loading dock of a Sears store in California. Also got a pension, they were union. These days it’d be some part timer making a dime over minimum wage.