Yellow | Yellow Freight Drivers

Be sure to state what Yellow terminal you worked out of on the Yellow Freight Drivers facebook page....thanks....KK

I wouldn't do that if I were you. If someone/company wants to do a background check on someone, the information they put on Face-book stays on there forever. So if people think YRC may go belly-up, other companies look at that info and may consider someone a threat, and they will get rid of, or elect not to hire that person. All I have to say is be careful about posting opinions and political views, because it is more than just other trucking companies who are reading them. For retired people its OK, others may want be careful. It is one of the reasons why I won't go Face-book or what's the other one, Twitter too.

I'm not tryin to step on your post KK but there is also a FB page for any and all YRC Drivers. You will only be excepted as a friend if you can be verified as a driver or dockworker and pages can not be seen by anyone else.

When you request to join that Yellow Freight one there's no place to tell who you are! I requested but I doubt I'll get in, and I worked for YFS for 24 years!

[quote author=RCFX link=topic=80186.msg830562#msg830562 date=1274080122]
When you request to join that Yellow Freight one there's no place to tell who you are! I requested but I doubt I'll get in, and I worked for YFS for 24 years!
[/quote]Are you sure I got in without a problem?

Good! Then you know I was a hostler for 24 years at YELLOW, and for the last year I guess I worked for yrc. 85 to 2009, 087/POR.

[quote author=RCFX link=topic=80186.msg830830#msg830830 date=1274158681]
Good! Then you know I was a hostler for 24 years at YELLOW, and for the last year I guess I worked for yrc. 85 to 2009, 087/POR.
[/quote]That was one terminal that for some reason I was never there. I been to Seattle a few times, and of course all the California terminals. Heck, I almost got arrested in Tracy, CA. They have a funny bunch of squirrels out in that state. People would think that they were part of the after affects of a science project. The type of people who would save the whales, before helping another person that are equal to themselves. :biglaugh:

Ya the Calif. are a different breed but I became friends with a lot of the Orland guys, that was a switching point in a gravel lot, no dock, no hostlers. If you went to SEA before it was a break that was a no no, but they would try that every so often, usually dispatch would get ratted out by the Teamsters up there :clap:

Yellow Freight was pretty much what's left of the Teamsters these days. Couldn't find any with the other fraud company. I will give them some credit, right know I just can't think of anything that was ever good that ever came from there to give any credit. :biglaugh:

"the other fraud company" good description, and thats all I can say without getting thrown out of here, lyin, pos, dirty filthy, oh .. I'm done. I took my retirement at the end of July at 53 years old with 30 years in. I was gonna go till I was 57 but not without them paying into my pension AND a paycut?? wtf? Where are you out of?

yellow.jpg

At least you got something on your last day.
Fellow Teamsters were glad to move up and the company kicked the door shut.
Thanks again Ken !!!

[quote author=RCFX link=topic=80186.msg834533#msg834533 date=1275439079]
Ha! That's funny, since the merge we're all outa our minds!

Sent from Droid via Tapatalk
[/quote]No one is losing their minds in Chicago. Chicago has the best and the most laid back management in the fleet.

They always award drivers time off when requested, even on a weekend.

They always let drivers take their vacation freely, never have to ask if it is OK.

Give safety call block slides, especially when drivers are fatigued waiting for a dispatch.

Give drivers plenty of choices of dispatches.

Mgt. lets drivers choose their tractors, never force drivers to drive equipment that is written up.

They always talk to their drivers with respect, and not like a little kid.

Never try to force anyone out, low on hours available.

Earned time gets entered in the computer, without arguing with a driver.

The driver foremen never challenge a driver's decision on safety,

Driver foremen never call drivers to go into the office to get reprimanded on anything, ever. They never have anything negative to say, always positive.

Dispatch never gets upset if drivers take their break or show up with a load, from a half hour to an hour longer than what everyone else does the run in.

They never call a driver 15 minutes before or after a call block, they work strictly to the work rules that were agreed upon before the merger.

Drivers never have to wait on the phone for very long when picking up or dropping off trailers at any of the the X-50's or the M04.

There is no such thing as favoritism for certain drivers, never any run-arounds, everyone is always dispatched in seniority order.

The only time management hands out letters to drivers, is when drivers drive over their 11 or 14 hrs of service, especially if drivers forge their logs to make illegal dispatches, look legal.

These are reasons why drivers aren't filing grievances anymore. Nothing but a clean and healthy work environment. :biglaugh: