Yellow | Yellow Latest COO Gossip

Here’s the thing you gotta realize. The customer pays for my wage, my health insurance and hopefully my retirement. Yellow either YRC or Reddaway I don’t care they’re just the middle man. I get we might not care for one another and that’s cool. I get a lot of union guys hate nonunion Reddaway. But now we are union. Why ? Because a lot of us have 25 years plus and we wanted our seniority recognized. We all kick ourselves in the ass everyday because we should’ve jumped ship 10 years ago. But nope we got suckered into staying because of brighter days. I’m exhausted at the prolonging of what should have happened 17 years ago. I wish we could just rip off the bandaid off and get this over with. Your not better then me I’m not better then you. From the great poet Cardi B of for your older gentleman Pink Floyd just trying to make “Money”

When is the New Penn YRC COO? Thought the were doing their change next after the west COO.
The next COO, has been changed to coincide with the COO in the West, Midwest, and East, but not until the next COO is finished in the South.

Idk what these Reddaway rules are everyone’s talking about. Been here 23 years and it seems to be following the union rules really close. The only explanation of Reddaway rules I’ve heard of were. Reddaway pays flat times for work. .5 for fuel, .5 for doubles drop or hook, .75 for triples drop or hook, etc. It takes about 10-15 minutes to fuel but you get the .5 no matter what. My understanding is Yellow pays time. I’m sorry YRC. So that’s when you get the “find a shaded tree and read the newspaper syndrome”. Most, meaning 99% of Reddaway yards you drop, break up and or hook your own sets and get paid for the work. These are the only rules that I can find that are different from Yellow.
That is all different depending on which conference you are in and what the local agreements are.

Gossip fresh off the round table Synergy meeting this morning , per Patel any terminals fighting mergers will be switched to a 15% fully autonomous pilot terminal !:stirthepot:

Aurora adds YELLER to autonomous pilot customer list !!​

One of the top 5 Yellow drivers has been bid into the same location for at least the last 15 years. Been there so long has his own ID for the gate and has pretty much free access to everything.
Now Reddaway has signed in at the gate less than a dozen times since the first of the year. ( How do you think one can find this out ) They claim that they serviced that area. The zip code was given to the Reddaway terminal and he would not be allowed to bid to that terminal.
So glad I missed the First **** Show act with RDWY
Now act 2 The Shrink to Fit Second Time Around Senergy.

Still waiting for those Reddaway work rules to surface .....
You will be waiting a long time. The Reddaway work rules are non existent between the 2 former white papers. my guess is the IBT is stalling for time and piecing together something that resembles work rules. They know if the YRC teamsters push for universal seniority in the city's with multiple Terminals the Reddaway Teamsters will Walk away to other company's in droves.

Huh we do have production quotas but nobody really watches that too close. So how do you get anything done if there’s no quota ? Idk maybe that’s a problem especially in the transportation industry. The only way to get in trouble is if you’re completely not working or going home for long periods of time. I’ve know guys to have gotten fired over 3 hour home lunch breaks. Everything else pretty much we do. I don’t think we have bid Forklifts. We do have big tractors. We do have seniority-based runs and PND positions. We don’t have a bid position for sweeper. Pretty much everyone helps out and cleans off the dock. We do have seniority-based vacation. Yes of course we have seniority-based bumping. Seniority-based call, seniority based dispatch. No we don’t have rain gear or rubber boots. I don’t know what ice and snow on dock means. Of course we have dock plate maintenance as well. We also have maintenance on forklifts, tractors and trailers. So pretty much the same thing as yellow. Oh we do have seniority-based bid tractors. Where you can keep your stuff in. Other than quotas that nobody really pays attention to. And rain gear we follow the same procedures.
You have assigned trucks. Bid trucks would insinuate that trucks are annually bid and not tied to specific lanes. Your former TM was good at playing the good buddy game with his drivers and he constantly changed the rules mid game.

Here’s the thing you gotta realize. The customer pays for my wage, my health insurance and hopefully my retirement. Yellow either YRC or Reddaway I don’t care they’re just the middle man. I get we might not care for one another and that’s cool. I get a lot of union guys hate nonunion Reddaway. But now we are union. Why ? Because a lot of us have 25 years plus and we wanted our seniority recognized. We all kick ourselves in the ass everyday because we should’ve jumped ship 10 years ago. But nope we got suckered into staying because of brighter days. I’m exhausted at the prolonging of what should have happened 17 years ago. I wish we could just rip off the bandaid off and get this over with. Your not better then me I’m not better then you. From the great poet Cardi B of for your older gentleman Pink Floyd just trying to make “Money”
Your seniority will be recognized. That is not the issue in this merger. All Yellow Teamsters in Citys with multiple Terminals should be allowed to Bid at All of those locations if Yellow intends to keep operating those Facility's going forward. Any Teamster displaced by the Bump should be allowed to bump within the same region that they reside in period. Yellow is playing games with this merger.