Yellow | Yellow Latest COO Gossip

It will be like Yellow & Roadway. They will combine whatever is necessare in cities with overlapping terminals. They will keep 100% of the people for the first year, to get things straightened out. Then, a whirlwind of layoffs will come and 20% to 50% of the workers will be laid off (if freight permits) in every city that combined terminals. That’s how it happened in 2009.
Maybe 20-50% of sup's and office drones. Drivers will self layoff once they start mixing oil and water.
It will be like Yellow & Roadway. They will combine whatever is necessare in cities with overlapping terminals. They will keep 100% of the people for the first year, to get things straightened out. Then, a whirlwind of layoffs will come and 20% to 50% of the workers will be laid off (if freight permits) in every city that combined terminals. That’s how it happened in 2009.

Maybe 20-50% of sup's and office drones. Drivers will self layoff once they start mixing oil and water.
And the union knows it's gonna happen.
They know well lose members locally and nationally.
They've had to have seen what you and Volnuk1 said.

Yet we just sit here.

You'd figure "union power" and all....means to build numbers......yet freight has been declining to the point of death and here we are.

The only answer seems to be "Let Yellow do whatever they want."

It's all about UPS and public sector it seems.

Makes no sense.

Over a million members...and makes no sense.

I'm not antiunion at all....I'm just sitting here with eyebrows raised thinking...What the Hell is going on?

There's nothing we can do?
Really??

I'll give Mr. O'Brien the benefit of the doubt for now. But it will be interesting to see what he does when he's negotiating with the junior partner of the D-bag twins next year. I'm sure Mr. Harris has ideas of his own regarding getting us to face his economic facts. As far as what I said in my previous post, I can only relate what I see on a local level. Here at 386 (MI) the TM is perfectly happy to see drivers, sup's, office staff etc, quit. No UE, he gets that pay and benefits back in the budget and the people left will just work harder. Whenever we dovetail, he'll lose more people who won't accept losing what they have now, and if not enough people take a hike he'll gladly bum rush however many he needs out the door. But again that's on a local level. I'm guessing it's the same at other terminals

I'll give Mr. O'Brien the benefit of the doubt for now. But it will be interesting to see what he does when he's negotiating with the junior partner of the D-bag twins next year. I'm sure Mr. Harris has ideas of his own regarding getting us to face his economic facts. As far as what I said in my previous post, I can only relate what I see on a local level. Here at 386 (MI) the TM is perfectly happy to see drivers, sup's, office staff etc, quit. No UE, he gets that pay and benefits back in the budget and the people left will just work harder. Whenever we dovetail, he'll lose more people who won't accept losing what they have now, and if not enough people take a hike he'll gladly bum rush however many he needs out the door. But again that's on a local level. I'm guessing it's the same at other terminals
There's no care. That's for sure. They can only do what they can do and if guys leave the rest will just work longer.
Hopefully O'Brien does things differently, if it can be done differently.

I saw he was out with Bernie, and that doesn't make me comfortable.
Maybe Sanders could change things to speed up number building. But giving to the poor or special groups or giving our selling points to government seems to dominate everything.
They see a dying carcus and pick our bones for what's left.

I don't know who actually would make me comfortable.
Probably none of them.

And the union knows it's gonna happen.
They know well lose members locally and nationally.
They've had to have seen what you and Volnuk1 said.

Yet we just sit here.

You'd figure "union power" and all....means to build numbers......yet freight has been declining to the point of death and here we are.

The only answer seems to be "Let Yellow do whatever they want."

It's all about UPS and public sector it seems.

Makes no sense.

Over a million members...and makes no sense.

I'm not antiunion at all....I'm just sitting here with eyebrows raised thinking...What the Hell is going on?

There's nothing we can do?
Really??
The BA use to say NMFA was 5% of his members and 80% of his problems and you wonder why they don't care if they go away?..........................

Heard from a good source that the West COO is well under way but big problems at DC's in Tracy and Bloomington. Lots of freight backed up since end of line barns don't know how to load freight to the DC's using headers, etc. Top level YRC Freight operations VP's and senior execs from across the system have been sent to the West Coast to get it cleaned up. Rest of the country will have to wait until they iron out the wrinkles?

Fix This Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

:hissyfit:

The BA use to say NMFA was 5% of his members and 80% of his problems and you wonder why they don't care if they go away?..........................
Too bad.
That's life.
There's a top investor group who only own around 5% of ours and a bunch of companies....
And they make all the economic rules.

Ya know what our guys have been told?
If they don't like it, they can quit.

The problem is that the BA's come from one company and know that particular contract.
Yet their job might be to handle 20-30 different contracts.
And we wonder why lose members?
And why we take concessions or have sour things put into our contracts.
And why we can't build numbers and go forward instead of backwards in every way.

More BA's per Local might make things better for us.
It seems that the cards in every part of everything are totally stacked against us.

I must correct something I posted here awhile back.
I had posted awhile back that we had only one BA who knew freight in our Local and that was 10-15 years ago.
I wasn't thinking that we also had one who knew this business and freight and the contract very well recently. He's been in freight since the 80's. But he was new during Covid.
And nothing could be done the right way with all of the lockdowns and such.
He did the right thing by stepping down.
He wasn't comfortable because training and personal contact and stuff wasn't happening.
Imagine negotiating a contract affecting people's lives without all of the traing and personal contact and such.

Even though we had BA'S who didn't know freight I think they did the best they could. Our contract is a book which for everything in there, there seems to be a counterposition in there too. Very complicated for a BA who comes from a white paper deal.

Last edited:
Heard from a good source that the West COO is well under way but big problems at DC's in Tracy and Bloomington. Lots of freight backed up since end of line barns don't know how to load freight to the DC's using headers, etc. Top level YRC Freight operations VP's and senior execs from across the system have been sent to the West Coast to get it cleaned up. Rest of the country will have to wait until they iron out the wrinkles?

Fly the Travel Policy guys out from the East.
$150/day bonus.
They'll be glad to do it.
I don't know how fast they'll do it.
But they'll do it.
$$$$$$$$

Brother, California just pass a new law that the minimum wages for a new worker in Franchise restaurants like McDonald's, Burger King and many others is $ 22.00 / hr. plus all benefits. Top rate for dockworker here is around $ 21.00 / hr. after a year or two.
It's a not brainer decision.:regretful:
Some just hired dockworkers just quit.

In Chicago new bids out no Utility I'm hearing change ain't happening now until April?

Salt Lake City 881 was at 2000 bills and the city terminal at Reddaway was without freight to deliver.
Never fueled a truck in 27 years Yellow Teamster mechanics had it all covered
Across the street its self serve.