Yellow | Yellow Moving to Nashville

Milli

Millions will be spent on relocation of computer systems and people. This will be the excuse for Q1 poor results.
Not exactly true. Re-read the article, it's only executive level people/functions that are moving:

"The company's 10-K annual report, filed Feb. 4 with the federal government, reads: "Yellow Corporation's principal executive office is in Nashville, Tennessee. The company has a field resource center in Overland Park, Kansas, that provides centrally managed support to our operating companies that spans a variety of functions, including sales and marketing, information technology, human resources, finance and accounting, legal, transportation management, revenue management, risk management, procurement, and security."

Not exactly true. Re-read the article, it's only executive level people/functions that are moving:

"The company's 10-K annual report, filed Feb. 4 with the federal government, reads: "Yellow Corporation's principal executive office is in Nashville, Tennessee. The company has a field resource center in Overland Park, Kansas, that provides centrally managed support to our operating companies that spans a variety of functions, including sales and marketing, information technology, human resources, finance and accounting, legal, transportation management, revenue management, risk management, procurement, and security."
it's only executive level people/functions that are moving: ??? So does this mean I'm not in Kansas anymore ?? Or do I just click my heels like in the movie ?
Wizard Of Oz Dorothy GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Milli

Millions will be spent on relocation of computer systems and people. This will be the excuse for Q1 poor results.
All YRC employees that have given so much over the years to keep Yellow and YRC alive should take this as a real slap in the face. The big boss man wants to get back to his old stomping grounds so he uses company money (yes, it will be millions) to do so. This ***** cares about no one but himself. These guys have a set asking the rank and file to give back and give back, while they live a champagne life. I don't know how they sleep at night. A real recipe for failure. Sad.

Agree that most everything will stay in OPK. What message does it send to the rank and file when then executive team moves to a high rent office In another city? And by the way Tennessee has no state income tax for those executives. The optics of this look bad for them.

Agree that most everything will stay in OPK. What message does it send to the rank and file when then executive team moves to a high rent office In another city? And by the way Tennessee has no state income tax for those executives. The optics of this look bad for them.
Do you know the real reasons for the move? Do you know that the new location is more expensive? Do you know if they were running out of space at OPK? I don't know the answers myself to those questions so I'll wait till I find out. Just saying.

Do you know the real reasons for the move? Do you know that the new location is more expensive? Do you know if they were running out of space at OPK? I don't know the answers myself to those questions so I'll wait till I find out. Just saying.
They are using Nashville as the relay point to divert the money to the Cayman’s from there.

Real Reasons ? Well Liberty Tax is on the next floor above them now and Jamie told to about lower taxes on Bonuses too ! So Daren said let's move !