Yellow | yellow pension

matth37

TB Lurker
Credits
i have been retired now for 13 years now .may 2009 when they went to paying pension twentyfive percent in 2010 or 2011 they have been stuck on that twentyfive percent number for so long . if they cant bump it up to onehundred percent you would think next contract they could go to fifty percent . then next contract seventyfive percent . then next contract onehundred percent .. just dont stay on twentyfive percent forever . just saying ..

i have been retired now for 13 years now .may 2009 when they went to paying pension twentyfive percent in 2010 or 2011 they have been stuck on that twentyfive percent number for so long . if they cant bump it up to onehundred percent you would think next contract they could go to fifty percent . then next contract seventyfive percent . then next contract onehundred percent .. just dont stay on twentyfive percent forever . just saying ..
Good luck on trying to explain that to a 25!year old .The’ll look at you like are you from outer space.

im just throughing out numbers . didnt mean twentyfive percent raise each 5 year contract . maybe 75 percent in 2024 if you cant get it all back in one contract you gotta start someware .. somethings better than nothing .

Good luck on trying to explain that to a 25!year old .The’ll look at you like are you from outer space.
You are correct.. Next contract should go to 50% and hopefully the new regime presses for it and a three year contract like it use to be..

Your pension is based on employer contributions paid on your behalf. If Yellow began paying 100% into the fund today, it would not affect your pension at all. You will not get any more than you are getting now.

Here you go. 4 quarter results and 2021

Not everyone needs a fire extinguisher either till they need one. :smile new:

PS - You can compensate for not having a pension by careful planning, saving and investing. You can't always compensate for the potentially huge expense of an unexpected health issue.
Have outstanding healthcare. I also have carefully managed my net wealth thanks. Always the foil, you.

Not everyone needs a fire extinguisher either till they need one. :smile new:

PS - You can compensate for not having a pension by careful planning, saving and investing. You can't always compensate for the potentially huge expense of an unexpected health issue.
Let me add: I’ve worked with guys that needed ultra plans. Kids asthma or worse. I’ve (we’ve) been lucky (blessed). But Saia’s healthcare rivals or tops anyone’s.

Have outstanding healthcare. I also have carefully managed my net wealth thanks. Always the foil, you.
"The foil"? Because I added to the conversation without a single comment about you personally? OK, whatever.

Your pension is based on employer contributions paid on your behalf. If Yellow began paying 100% into the fund today, it would not affect your pension at all. You will not get any more than you are getting now.
Not true. If Yellow started paying in more, your future accruals would be more, as long as they don't change the multiplier.... but you know that, you just like being disingenuous....