Yellow | Yellow posts Q1 loss as costs jump

When I’m making p/u’s I might be picking up 6 skids while yellow is getting 30 & this is happening at many accounts and for many years. Maybe their volume quotes are killing the profits?
They can’t turn down the freight even if it’s a dead loser. They have to keep the money rolling in one side, to try and keep up with it flowing out the other.

$6.69-Down $2.87 (-30.02%)
original GIF
down more yet , 6.37-3.19 (-33.37%)

I didn’t know they had any left to sale.
Yellow paid only $90,000 for the 5 acres and 18 door terminal in Quincy, Ill in 1984. It was only 8 years old at the time. We were renting 6 doors from Halls Motor when they went belly up. Just waiting to see when they close. The Quincy are is covered by 3 different Holland terminals. Rock Island, Ill; Atlanta, Ill and St. Louis, Mo. Only a matter of time I'm sure.

After these results I don’t know how anyone could have any confidence in the management team. This was the equivalent of a 1-15 football season. Even the BOD can’t ignore this fiasco.

It’s on the BOD for putting up with this mess. They’ve got a responsibility to stop buying the BS the management team is selling them. Every carrier goes out and makes loads of money and these guys go out and make loads of excuses.
I don’t blame management...I blame the BOD for buying their excuses.

if they can't figure out where the bleeding is coming from, ...just blame it on the weather. why not; it's easier
Look at two simple things. One revenue per employee. Two ratio of management employees to the number of touch labor employees And you see where Yellow will never operate at a profit.