Holland | Yellow pulling for Holland?

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
Saw a Yellow Volvo pulling a new white Holland trailer today. Had to take a double look to make sure. At first I thought it was just one of our new Volvo's, it wasn't. Location was west bound 40 between Jackson and Memphis Tn. Is this going on anywhere else? That's taking synergies to a new level. GRIZZ

we have a bestway that looks new(wasnt) came out of great dane in chicago with repairs routing back west so they must be repairing alot of trailers

carolinablue said:
i saw 3 new yellow trucks bobtailing outside of ashivlle nc today, they looked just like holland trucks
:rolleyes1: Maybe it's like the Holland trucks look like yellows trucks now:bye1: CRAZY

Grizz said:
Saw a Yellow Volvo pulling a new white Holland trailer today. Had to take a double look to make sure. At first I thought it was just one of our new Volvo's, it wasn't. Location was west bound 40 between Jackson and Memphis Tn. Is this going on anywhere else? That's taking synergies to a new level. GRIZZ
There was a Big R driver that broke down last week and "The Powers That Be" sent a hook to our barn and sent a Holland tractor to replace the broken down Big R tractor? How long before we dovetail everyone on to one list?

pulling other trailers

Lots of carriers are contracted to move trailers across the country from the manufacturer to there final destination, and these carriers won't move them empty. They'll load them up with their freight and then move them. Also, in order to keep the receivers trailer pool balanced, they are delivered to many different terminals. Periodically, Yellows terminal in Richfield,Oh. is stack up with new trailers for Oak Harbor, Fedex Freight, Holland, New Penn, Knight Trans., etc... you get the picture!

At CGB we have been getting alot of new trailers to deliver to the USF divisions for the past 3-4 months, so thats probly all it is.

We have been getting a lot of new trailers in
from the mfg. with USF on the side and Bestway
on the back door.We put our freight on them and send them on the rail.As for tractors being the same color,this is true.Our shop foreman said it was just a test and that all new orders will be back in Yellows swamp holly orange.I also had heard that Navistar or Sterling has a lawsuit
pending because YRC tried to cancel remaing orders due to YRC wanting to equip USF division with Volvo power.:USA:

Law Suit Rumor!

It may just be a rumor, because in the last few weeks, Yellow has been taking delivery of new single axle International tractors. I have seen many of these in Charlotte. They are the longer hood trucks, they're not like the snubby nose that Estes has.

I seen 5 new internationals last week coming out of canada. They all had yellow decals on them and were all road trucks.

I've seen one at OMA and one at CGB. We also ran them at Mid-States. They were ok except for the fact that there is alot of cab noise, and the AC likes to go out on them.