New Penn | Yellow SEC

Where are all the New Penn drivers
I'd sure like to hear their 2 cents on this!

Good luck with Uline.

I figure we are gonna lose some and gain some in the city. We get theirs and they get ours.
222 is the way in and out of Reading.
They will finally have it from a 2 lane to a 4 when this goes thru.construction and widening closer to complete....now we won't need it. That figures. Thousands of slow man hours between Lehigh County and Reading....now we won't need it.
It never gets slow wherever I work. Always more work than I want. This won't change it because up and down Rt 61 along I 78 are new big DC'S. Not even filled and rented yet.
I'm not worried about losing city work.
Road drivers are wondering what will happen to the road because rumors are started.

Maybe we'll get shorter days. Never happens. I doubt it.

Our area was super huge and full of freight.
It went down into Lancaster County almost to Maryland and over to Kennett Square and Over to Doylestown. It went over near Flemington NJ and up to Portland near Bangor PA. It went almost to I287 in NJ. And over to Jim Thorpe.
From Jim Thorpe to Pine Grove.
But they cut it and gave it to Cinaminson and Camp Hill.

We couldn't handle it from the driver shortage until now anyways.
Too much work. Too little drivers.

Last edited:
Anybody else hear that New Penn in Buffalo/Rochester & Yellow in Rochester are closing down and Holland in Buffalo will get the work? (Serious question) I’ve heard rumors swirling around

Anybody else hear that New Penn in Buffalo/Rochester & Yellow in Rochester are closing down and Holland in Buffalo will get the work? (Serious question) I’ve heard rumors swirling around
When the One Yellow project is complete the New Penn Buffalo terminal will be sold for sure. Money is being spent on improvements to the current Holland barn. Looks like that will be the Yellow Freight Buffalo city terminal. The possibly of closing the Rochester locations and covering the area out of Buffalo is a possibility. It will be a interesting transition. Buffalo is the only city with 3 of the current operating companies in the same city.

New Penn had a terminal in Easton which closed 35 years ago or so.
A lot of their work went to Reading.
Looks like Yellow gets that New Penn Easton area now.

40 years to go right back how New Penn had it.......sounds about YRC speed. 40 years to figure something out.
And waste billions or trillions in the process.

New and improved 40 years ago plan.
Another 40 years and trillions wasted and they'll close Allentown and run it all out of Reading again.

New Penn had a terminal in Easton which closed 35 years ago or so.
A lot of their work went to Reading.
Looks like Yellow gets that New Penn Easton area now.

40 years to go right back how New Penn had it.......sounds about YRC speed. 40 years to figure something out.
And waste billions or trillions in the process.

New and improved 40 years ago plan.
Another 40 years and trillions wasted and they'll close Allentown and run it all out of Reading again.
The entire USA will be Yellow. New Penn,Holland,Reddaway, and YRC brands will no longer exist.

There's a $7,500 sign on bonus sign at each terminal. For those that don't know New Penn and Holland are next door neighbors in Buffalo. Yellow is in the other side of town in Tonawanda NY.

Doesnt seem possible that they will be able to combine the 3 terminals in buffalo,holland terminal no where near large enough.Holland peddles Rochester out of Buffalo,NP and Yellow both have terminals in Rochester

Doesnt seem possible that they will be able to combine the 3 terminals in buffalo,holland terminal no where near large enough.Holland peddles Rochester out of Buffalo,NP and Yellow both have terminals in Rochester
As long as there is plenty of purchase transportation in the area it won't have to be that big!

There will be no more Holland. Half of the current Holland freight at the Buf terminal is for the Rochester area. After merger that freight will no longer be there. The Rochester freight will go to Yellow Rochester. That is assuming Yellow will operate a terminal in Rochester. This will create room for the combined units of New Penn and YRC current city freight. Important to note the current YRC break bulk in nearby Tonawanda will remain open as the Yellow Freight hub. Good luck to all !