Yellow | Yellow sees tonnage plummet, books Q4 loss

A name, am I reading this right, all would be better if they chose a different name. Someone get in touch with Biden and advise him to change his name to Trump so all his problems would be fixed, and have support from the other party. Sad part is,they let these guys vote on the contracts.

They said they were going with the “Yellow” brand because they did a survey and customers said that was the most recognized brand.

They really should have asked why customers recognized that name.

If you ask which brand customers prefer to ship with and list
Yellow
Holland
YRC
New Penn

Yellow The most recognized name will be last every time.
If you remove the New Penn, Holland and YRC names from the choice many customers will choose another carrier all together.

This has been implanted on a small part of their network.They have a huge tonnage drop, customers shipping elsewhere
and they are still going forward with this.
HUMANS HATE CHANGE!!!!! Yellow has been through this situation before and they know exactly how it will play out. Everyone will become “the smartest man in the room”. All truck drivers will become Marketing guru’s, Economist, and Wealth Mgmt. experts. Yes, they will lose freight, and yes in the end, some will lose their jobs. In the end everything will calm down and Yellow will move forward and ship freight with disgruntled employees in tow. I went through this dog and pony show in 2008, it will happen and it will be painful.

HUMANS HATE CHANGE!!!!! Yellow has been through this situation before and they know exactly how it will play out. Everyone will become “the smartest man in the room”. All truck drivers will become Marketing guru’s, Economist, and Wealth Mgmt. experts. Yes, they will lose freight, and yes in the end, some will lose their jobs. In the end everything will calm down and Yellow will move forward and ship freight with disgruntled employees in tow. I went through this dog and pony show in 2008, it will happen and it will be painful.
Unlike 2008 hopefully they won’t survive this COO, it’s time to put this pony down for the good of transportation.

Unlike 2008 hopefully they won’t survive this COO, it’s time to put this pony down for the good of transportation.
Tell that to 40,000 employees who will go home unemployed. Anyone who doesn’t like working at Yellow has the right to leave and find another job (there are literally jobs everywhere). Why do you need to bestow your misery on 40,000 other families, so your “pipe dream “ can play out. Once again, this is not personal, I have seen this on here for 15-years. And yes, I have questioned it every time with no good answer. I just don’t understand people who wish for others to lose their job.

A name, am I reading this right, all would be better if they chose a different name. Someone get in touch with Biden and advise him to change his name to Trump so all his problems would be fixed, and have support from the other party. Sad part is,they let these guys vote on the contracts.
Obviously you didn’t read it right. No one said that was the whole problem. But is for some customers. Hopefully you understand the contract better if you read it.

HUMANS HATE CHANGE!!!!! Yellow has been through t

his situation before and they know exactly how it will play out. Everyone will become “the smartest man in the room”. All truck drivers will become Marketing guru’s, Economist, and Wealth Mgmt. experts. Yes, they will lose freight, and yes in the end, some will lose their jobs. In the end everything will calm down and Yellow will move forward and ship freight with disgruntled employees in tow. I went through this dog and pony show in 2008, it will happen and it will be painful.
It's hard to move forward when yellow lost 43 million last quarter.
10k states a 15.5 million loss but when you add the sell of the terminal for 28 million to offset that cost, it's still a loss and loss of assets.
Lost a ton of Customers on the west coast, soon there will be more terminals they can sell.

10k states a 15.5 million loss but when you add the sell of the terminal for 28 million to offset that cost, it's still a loss and loss of assets.
Lost a ton of Customers on the west coast, soon there will be more terminals they can sell.
The goal is to get down to 47terminals. One in each state, except for Pennsylvania.

:hissyfit:
Los Angeles velocity center. So much freight on dock they can't handle. Management solution is throw freight in dumpster or send full trailers to salvage. Whether picked up months ago or last week. Not only losing revenue on moving freight to consignees but also will pay massive claims for "lost freight ". Oh and paying crews weekend overtime to handle this task.

I hear they are also opening a new 200 door terminal in the Scranton- Wilkes Barre area that will serve the Northeast with all same, and next day service.

Saia’s ongoing strategy to move closer to the customer and provide differentiated service in both new and existing markets.

Didn't we do this in the late 70's through the 80's.............................I've been in freight too long history is starting to repeat itself................................

Yellow miraculously made it through 2008 and beyond using every trick known to man to refinance money. Since then, they have moved money, borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. We are about to have another 2008 this year (in my opinion) and I fear Yellow may have bitten off more than they can chew, combining 4 more companies. Only time will tell. Praying for everyone involved, these are not fun times for families.

Tell that to 40,000 employees who will go home unemployed. Anyone who doesn’t like working at Yellow has the right to leave and find another job (there are literally jobs everywhere). Why do you need to bestow your misery on 40,000 other families, so your “pipe dream “ can play out. Once again, this is not personal, I have seen this on here for 15-years. And yes, I have questioned it every time with no good answer. I just don’t understand people who wish for others to lose their job.
They might move on to better companies that treat them like a person. People hate change i get it i do to. But i have had blessings from being layed off which opened doors i never wood have thought about. I got into trucking by being layed off from a job at that time was the best i had in my life but through it all i was able to get my c.d.l license which opened a ton of doors. Sometimes you need that push that you just cant bring yourself to do on your own. I talked to a retired yellow driver and he told me they were asking them to give back some of their pensions. Dont know if he telling the truth or not, but if so a lot of guys might be putting years in something they think but will never be.

Yellow miraculously made it through 2008 and beyond using every trick known to man to refinance money. Since then, they have moved money, borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. We are about to have another 2008 this year (in my opinion) and I fear Yellow may have bitten off more than they can chew, combining 4 more companies. Only time will tell. Praying for everyone involved, these are not fun times for families.

Just got on this BS site , the world problems & Yellow freight problems all can be solved right here ! Just like in the drivers room & break rooms it’s fun to listen to the problem solver’s! Facts between the bad management and bad employees it can’t last ! Look at some of the loads ??? It’s not rocket science what we do ! Look at the New trucks, most of them are tore all to hell ! New trailers holes in roof leaking ! Fact it’s a deadly combination! The writing is on the wall ! Idiots on both sides !!

Just got on this BS site , the world problems & Yellow freight problems all can be solved right here ! Just like in the drivers room & break rooms it’s fun to listen to the problem solver’s! Facts between the bad management and bad employees it can’t last ! Look at some of the loads ??? It’s not rocket science what we do ! Look at the New trucks, most of them are tore all to hell ! New trailers holes in roof leaking ! Fact it’s a deadly combination! The writing is on the wall ! Idiots on both sides !!
Praise God, Truckingboards and Yellow have been blessed with having the most intelligent individual in America show up just in time to fix all of their problems. Yellow will be glad you showed up especially, since they have combined 6 companies in 15 years while dealing with a total financial collapse in 2008 and beyond. Just to think, they did all of this while you were merely holding a steering wheel. Good news to CEO Darren Hawkins, help has arrived, “works For Crooks“ is here to save you, lololol.

Praise God, Truckingboards and Yellow have been blessed with having the most intelligent individual in America show up just in time to fix all of their problems. Yellow will be glad you showed up especially, since they have combined 6 companies in 15 years while dealing with a total financial collapse in 2008 and beyond. Just to think, they did all of this while you were merely holding a steering wheel. Good news to CEO Darren Hawkins, help has arrived, “works For Crooks“ is here to save you, lololol.