Yellow | Yellow Terminals Sold for $1.9 Billion – XPO and Estes are Big Buyers

Nothing is closed or over, evil hasn't triumphed over good just yet!
There's nothing evil about any of this. It's life, business and demand. Just like where people choose to work, get an education at, and settle down to live. Someone that opts to drive a truck for a living shouldn't be viewed as dumb, just as a business creditor/exec shouldn't be viewed as the devil. Stop with the polarizing comments & playing sides - we all make our own choices. Evil is better defined as such things like jealousy, hate, and a lack of empathy for others. The majority of people are decent and just trying to enjoy (or make it through) each day.

Has anyone seen Cheshire CT on any of the lists I was wondering if Pitt Ohio was going to buy that terminal for their Ross Express subsidiary

Looks weird to me; Estes, already in a great ex-Holland Terminal in Greenwood In, bought the old Roadway Indpls Terminal (used by Holland, last). And XPO, already in a modern terminal in Plainfield Indiana, bought the 160 door Yellow Indianapolis Terminal.

Unless they are somehow going to make one a Breakbulk only, and the other one more like a City only terminal, I don’t see why they bought them, since both carriers are in much more modern and easier accessed facilities?

Looks weird to me; Estes, already in a great ex-Holland Terminal in Greenwood In, bought the old Roadway Indpls Terminal (used by Holland, last). And XPO, already in a modern terminal in Plainfield Indiana, bought the 160 door Yellow Indianapolis Terminal.

Unless they are somehow going to make one a Breakbulk only, and the other one more like a City only terminal, I don’t see why they bought them, since both carriers are in much more modern and easier accessed facilities?
Estes recently moved back into our old Indianapolis terminal and we call it Indy west now. They might be looking to replace that one.

Real Estate investment

Has anyone seen Cheshire CT on any of the lists I was wondering if Pitt Ohio was going to buy that terminal for their Ross Express subsidiary
the New Penn Southington terminal is on the list to be sold still. Ross had a terminal in Windsor buy the airport that they built new and then moved to Springfield, Ma. Not sure if they sold that building(it was up for sale). Pitt did buy NP Buffalo ter and Yellow's Glenmont terminal. I am sure if they wanted one they would have bid on it from the get go.

There may be some buyers remorse on some of these terminals or maybe a lot of them. Normally in an auction circumstance you cannot go inside the building and inspect it you can look outside the gate but you can't go in.

There may be some buyers remorse on some of these terminals or maybe a lot of them. Normally in an auction circumstance you cannot go inside the building and inspect it you can look outside the gate but you can't go in.
Port, I've just read today's docket filings. There doesn't appear to be any buyer's remorse at all. There is one objection by the landlord of one of the leaseholds that XPO picked up. That objection claims that the landlord didn't receive adequate notice. That's been all so far. To the contrary, both of the advising agencies, whose principals will be testifying next Tuesday at the Court hearing to approve the sales, have submitted Declaration statements strongly supporting the sales. We'll see what happens next.

An Estes executive came into a terminal I was helping shut down and took measurements and pics. I moved some, but not a lot of distressed freight. File a grievance, please. I'm "management".

Port, I've just read today's docket filings. There doesn't appear to be any buyer's remorse at all. There is one objection by the landlord of one of the leaseholds that XPO picked up. That objection claims that the landlord didn't receive adequate notice. That's been all so far. To the contrary, both of the advising agencies, whose principals will be testifying next Tuesday at the Court hearing to approve the sales, have submitted Declaration statements strongly supporting the sales. We'll see what happens next.
How much do you think yellow spent on maintenance on these terminals over the past decade?

No port - would guess the "value" of these properties - not the building - but land already zoned/approved trucking terminal. And obviously locations. I agree with Real Teamster - there's no buyer's remorse - this property sale opportunity doesn't come by often.

Real Estate investment
The old Roadway terminal is close to the Rolls Royce Airplane Engines plant, and Eli Lilly’s expansion. Lilly seems to expanding more toward downtown, than towards the terminal Already a huge, almost block long vacant lot (I think was part of Allison Airplane engines which became Rolls Royce) turned into a RR Container Drop Yard to the North Side of Raymond St…. The South side of Raymond /East side of Tibbs Ave looks vacant? I think Rolls owns it too?????

The old Yellow Terminal sits on Indpls Airport property, the East Side- with only High School Road and 200-300 yards of mostly vacant property between it and I465. But the Airport is growing in the opposite direction, west- toward Plainfield. FedEx plans an Airport Repair Shop and new runway out toward the west, somewhere….

The North side of the old Yellow Terminal is a RR Track. Then what was once a lumber company. The past 25 yrs it’s been a Car Rental for the airport.

It’s possible one or the other gets sold for another reason, but the probability seems to me to be staying as trucking terminals….

Last edited: