Members Only Mode
  • You need to register to view content, it's 100% free
  • Please register below to remove this limitation
  • Truckingboards is a MEMBERS ONLY Private Forum that first got it's start in 1999, Membership is 100% Free, We have Over 40k Members and approaching 2 million posts that date back to the early 2000's.Registration is easy and fast. We specialize in LTL trucking. Get off those Facebook Groups and come to a place where your identity will be unknown unless you tell someone. Truckingboards has a mobile app that works for Android you can install from your mobile browser. Sorry Apple Users, I know nothing about them.

Click Here

For instructions on how to install the mobile app.

Yellow Travel Policy:Proof Of Vaccine Or Negative Test Result Required

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
So. We have this Covid Task Force. The person's name on this memo is Hood.
I suppose it is a Yellow thing.
I saw a memo on this travel policy which said you will not be allowed to participate without proof of vaccination. Or negative Covid test result.

The travel policy has big money work available on weekends nearby.

So here we have a union/company relationship in which seniority is being thrown out for company policy. I saw no union involvement in the task Force memo. Just a company memo.

If a junior guy wants the work and is fine with getting vaccinated and getting tested...and a senior guy is not fine with it....the junior guy gets the work...and senior guy does not.

Anybody have an article in our contract which allows for this breaking down of conditions?
Company policy is a pretty sneaky thing imo.

And beginning this mandate for work under a travel policy might be the start of something bigger.

slavenomore

Premium
My first thoughts are that senior guys should sign for the work and file for the cash lost to the junior guys.

And it might be helpful if all terminals available for travel policy work, and senior guys denied, would do the same.

A test, as long as it is free, is no big deal.
But they can pay for time to get the test if that's the game.
The vaccine is a much bigger issue imo.

Keepingon

When they started this they were begging for guys go to other terminals. Now it’s become more popular with more guys going they start putting stuff like this in.

EVERYONE should just stop going and remind them they need they benefit from the people that go.

These guys should definitely have a claim because how can it be ok to work in your home terminal but not a different one?

How can it be safe for an unvaccinated person to work at a terminal but another unvaccinated person not work the same terminal ?

I got vaccinated early on for personal reasons, But don’t agree with Forcing or discriminating against unvaccinated people.
Keep in mind the FDA hasn’t approved the vaccines yet.

slavenomore

Premium
When they started this they were begging for guys go to other terminals. Now it’s become more popular with more guys going they start putting stuff like this in.

EVERYONE should just stop going and remind them they need they benefit from the people that go.

These guys should definitely have a claim because how can it be ok to work in your home terminal but not a different one?

How can it be safe for an unvaccinated person to work at a terminal but another unvaccinated person not work the same terminal ?

I got vaccinated early on for personal reasons, But don’t agree with Forcing or discriminating against unvaccinated people.
That's my thing too.
I don't care if somebody wants to get vaccinated. More power to them if they want it and trust it.
And if they do trust it......then they are safe.
No need to force others if you are safe.

And if they got it and still don't trust it.....I question why they feel it necessary to force others to be lab rats for big pharma experiments.

The company policy over union seniority or our contract is very questionable imo.
This company policy stuff in union shops raises my eyebrows more than once.
Ya can't really grieve the stuff....some of it.
Building different departments ...safety...human resources...and skirting our voice on it.

slavenomore

Premium

Have you seen how much can be made in 2 days and how much some dock guys are making.
You are paid time and a half for all drive time leaving your home and returning. Gas reimbursement. Time and a half 6th punch. Double time 7th punch. $150 or so bonus for each day.
And some are working 10 hour days.

It's really good money....and last I checked vaccine status doesn't override seniority in our contract.

I'm more an 8 and skate guy.....but for guys who love it or need it or want it.
We have rules.
And out of thin air...these company policy people make their own.

BIG R GUY

Supplies driver facing cameras to, XPO,OD,and FedX
Premium
I saw a memo on this travel policy which said you will not be allowed to participate without proof of vaccination. Or negative Covid test result.

So here we have a union/company relationship in which seniority is being thrown out for company policy. I saw no union involvement in the task Force memo. Just a company memo.

If a junior guy wants the work and is fine with getting vaccinated and getting tested...and a senior guy is not fine with it....the junior guy gets the work...and senior guy does not.

Anybody have an article in our contract which allows for this breaking down of conditions?

And beginning this mandate for work under a travel policy might be the start of something bigger.

Could you please post a copy of the the memo so everyone could see it? Thanks.

slavenomore

Premium
Could you please post a copy of the the memo so everyone could see it? Thanks.
Post how to post a photo and I will see what I can do.
I tried but it's not working right for me.
I must be doing it wrong.

BIG R GUY

Supplies driver facing cameras to, XPO,OD,and FedX
Premium
I would expect that with many types of companies trying to keep their businesses running through this situation, these requirements will become the norm in months to come. I personally don’t know why anyone would want to go to another terminal, live in a motel room, probably have to Uber to and from work, and adapt to new conditions at a terminal, just for a bigger paycheck?

slavenomore

Premium
I got the meat in there.
Tried a few times but am not posting names and emails and phone numbers so I deleted a few previous posts after quick reviews.

slavenomore

Premium
I would expect that with many types of companies trying to keep their businesses running through this situation, these requirements will become the norm in months to come. I personally don’t know why anyone would want to go to another terminal, live in a motel room, probably have to Uber to and from work, and adapt to new conditions at a terminal, just for a bigger paycheck?
That's all well and good.
But at this company we belong to a union and pay dues to a union.
Some reasons may be to protect our laboring bodies from harm on the job.
On one hand there are those who believe that protection from Covid is part of that.
On the other hand some might think that vaccine mandates and mandated mask wearing to do our work is just as bad as being beat with a whip or worse...and we might want our union considering our desires for representation.

I've seen political ideals pushed through these company policies and the union allows it with no defense of the member.

Scoutie

The policy is only for people that travel to meetings. Don’t think it applies to the rest of us