Guest viewing is limited
  • Truckingboards is a MEMBERS ONLY Private Forum that first got it's start in 1999, Membership is 100% Free, We have Over 40k Members and approaching 2 million posts that date back to the early 2000's.Registration is easy and fast. We specialize in LTL trucking. Get off those Facebook Groups and come to a place where your identity will be unknown unless you tell someone. Truckingboards has a mobile app that works for Android you can install from your mobile browser. Sorry Apple Users, I know nothing about them.

Click Here

For instructions on how to install the mobile app.

Yellow Travel Policy:Proof Of Vaccine Or Negative Test Result Required

Keepingon

I would expect that with many types of companies trying to keep their businesses running through this situation, these requirements will become the norm in months to come. I personally don’t know why anyone would want to go to another terminal, live in a motel room, probably have to Uber to and from work, and adapt to new conditions at a terminal, just for a bigger paycheck?
$1100.00 for a weekend makes a big difference in people’s pay check.

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
The policy is only for people that travel to meetings. Don’t think it applies to the rest of us
No.
We already had a guy who went twice be handed this on Wednesday Or Thursday making him ineligible while junior guys are now there.
How quick is a test result?

slavenomore

Premium
If the Supreme Court won't touch it I have a feeling the union won't touch it either.
So. We have this Covid Task Force. The person's name on this memo is Hood.
I suppose it is a Yellow thing.
I saw a memo on this travel policy which said you will not be allowed to participate without proof of vaccination. Or negative Covid test result.

The travel policy has big money work available on weekends nearby.

So here we have a union/company relationship in which seniority is being thrown out for company policy. I saw no union involvement in the task Force memo. Just a company memo.

If a junior guy wants the work and is fine with getting vaccinated and getting tested...and a senior guy is not fine with it....the junior guy gets the work...and senior guy does not.

Anybody have an article in our contract which allows for this breaking down of conditions?
Company policy is a pretty sneaky thing imo.

And beginning this mandate for work under a travel policy might be the start of something bigger.
This Hood person may not be part of this Covid team. They may be part of a terminal in need of extra help. Not sure.

BIG R GUY

Training ABF drivers to go 46 mph on 294….
Premium
Why are they worried about a few guys working the dock at another terminal when we have thousands of road drivers going terminal to terminal every day?
Are you saying, road driver could work the dock?

slavenomore

Premium
Are you saying, road driver could work the dock?
They did that to our road board.
Cut most of it and created UE.
Driver shortage and they work half their shift on multiple docks.
Can't expect them to make any sense.

BIG R GUY

Training ABF drivers to go 46 mph on 294….
Premium
They did that to our road board.
Cut most of it and created UE.
Driver shortage and they work half their shift on multiple docks.
Can't expect them to make any sense.
I was just inquiring about post 27. Where he said thousands of road drivers going terminal to terminal. Was wondering if he meant they could work the dock while there?

slavenomore

Premium
I will say right here that I am high risk for death if I get it...as far as they say.
I'm not saying I'm invincible.
Not saying nobody should take whatever precautions on themselves that they think they need.
But am saying I don't want an experimental vaccine or whatever it really is(I've read that it isn't a vaccine as other vaccines are defined).
I don't want to take part in an experiment which was mostly paid by tax dollars for incredibly rich and influential people to get even more rich and influential....and then maybe be able to be compensated $5..20 years from now in some post card class action lawsuit. If I am negatively affected by their vaccine which they didn't even pay for to produce.

I've known people who got Covid. I know none that died from it.
I'm a grown man and I should be allowed to make my own decisions. And my life and pay should not be affected by that decision. If it kills me...thats not anybody's fault.
If you are afraid...take precautions...but don't force me. If the vaccine is the answer...then have faith in it.
If a mask protects you...then by all means mask yourself and wash your hands 20,000 times/day.
Some people might think life is to live......not be forced to shut everything down and wear masks and get shots and booster shots for the rest of our lives.
God is in control of when I die.
If it's my time,it's my time and there ain't gonna be nothing I can do to stop it.

When we allow them access to our test results for Covid.....are we maybe opening the door for them to force us to give any other medical record they want?
Some people are afraid of HIV/AIDS......should we require everybody to prove that they don't have it to be eligible for travel work?
There's a bunch of conditions people could be afraid of and petition for public proof of test results..