Guest viewing is limited
  • Truckingboards is a MEMBERS ONLY Private Forum that first got it's start in 1999, Membership is 100% Free, We have Over 40k Members and approaching 2 million posts that date back to the early 2000's.Registration is easy and fast. We specialize in LTL trucking. Get off those Facebook Groups and come to a place where your identity will be unknown unless you tell someone. Truckingboards has a mobile app that works for Android you can install from your mobile browser. Sorry Apple Users, I know nothing about them.

Click Here

For instructions on how to install the mobile app.

Yellow Travel Policy:Proof Of Vaccine Or Negative Test Result Required

wongway

Cayman -15% Acounting Dept.
New Biden-Fauci masks for drivers going under 46mph !
c450abbcfa5f45c20297bcae654b13c6.jpg

seabreeze

Not Well Known Member, 63 Year Teamster Member
Premium
What’s a CB?
Hope this answers your question RB.
In my day, companies allowed and even encouraged drivers to have toys and enjoy their travels by installing antennas and power supplies.
Unlike today, some companies don't allow such things as picking your nose, scratching your sack
or dare touch a mike or eat a snack.
About your only obligation is drive to your destination and work the dock.

BIG R GUY

Training ABF drivers to go 46 mph on 294….
Premium
Hope this answers your question RB.
In my day, companies allowed and even encouraged drivers to have toys and enjoy their travels by installing antennas and power supplies.
Unlike today, some companies don't allow such things as picking your nose, scratching your sack
or dare touch a mike or eat a snack.
About your only obligation is drive to your destination and work the dock.
I am quoting Otter here. “We gotta take these bastards!”

Double Nickle

Living from direct deposit to direct deposit.
So. We have this Covid Task Force. The person's name on this memo is Hood.
I suppose it is a Yellow thing.
I saw a memo on this travel policy which said you will not be allowed to participate without proof of vaccination. Or negative Covid test result.

The travel policy has big money work available on weekends nearby.

So here we have a union/company relationship in which seniority is being thrown out for company policy. I saw no union involvement in the task Force memo. Just a company memo.

If a junior guy wants the work and is fine with getting vaccinated and getting tested...and a senior guy is not fine with it....the junior guy gets the work...and senior guy does not.

Anybody have an article in our contract which allows for this breaking down of conditions?
Company policy is a pretty sneaky thing imo.

And beginning this mandate for work under a travel policy might be the start of something bigger.
Just so you'll understand what's happening.. The FEDERAL government CAN NOT force you to take this vaccination. But the INDIVIDUAL states can implement WHATEVER it deems necessary to get you inoculated, up to AND including you to removed from your work place. You'll soon or later do one of two things. Make your own decision to take the shot, OR get tested, show a positive test result, which will cause you to be quarantined. If you still have a job after your quarantine, you'll have two choices. 1. Take the jab. 2. Take a hike.

clydesdale

some times Yellow will ask there workers if they would like to work at a different location for a short period of time and then return to there home terminal and resume there job there...this is what this thread is about? right?

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
some times Yellow will ask there workers if they would like to work at a different location for a short period of time and then return to there home terminal and resume there job there...this is what this thread is about? right?
Yes. For us it is only an hour and a half away for some guys. So they get paid 6 hours at time and a half to drive to and from the terminal for the weekend plus gas money.

It's also about the conditions required to met as of the 12th to be eligible to do it. I posted a pic of the memo in here somewhere.

slavenomore

Premium
Just so you'll understand what's happening.. The FEDERAL government CAN NOT force you to take this vaccination. But the INDIVIDUAL states can implement WHATEVER it deems necessary to get you inoculated, up to AND including you to removed from your work place. You'll soon or later do one of two things. Make your own decision to take the shot, OR get tested, show a positive test result, which will cause you to be quarantined. If you still have a job after your quarantine, you'll have two choices. 1. Take the jab. 2. Take a hike.
I kinda started thinking our union and country were falling
You've just changed my thinking to fallen.

Unless some wake up.
I posted for any senior Teamster available for that travel work to file on junior guys who got the work due to junior guy being tested or vaccinated.
It should win.
That's a start. It should be able to be done all over the country.
We're doing it here.
Money grievances matter.
And it's probably a $1000 grievance here.
If it wins.

I don't think it's a great idea to stick something in me which they don't even know works or if it might harm me.

My daughter got vaccinated for a job.
If it sterilized her or hurts her....you and I both know that the drug companies nor employer will take responsibility in court.
And when civil ways fail to work....then what?
I'm getting really agitated with it.

slavenomore

Premium
And if you look at the memo there is no way a senior guy could have had a test result by Saturday. Probably not Sunday either. 72 hours.
Therefore a senior guy should be eligible due to the lateness of the memo for weekend work.
Therefore why not try for both days....everywhere thus kind of weekend travel work was available.

You will run into this company policy stuff in safety letters....maybe letters involving perceived racism.
And you won't defend it easily at all.
This company policy stuff builds other departments.....maybe they want to waste money on some Covid Bureaucracy department now.
Human resources is the go-to department for union busting firms if you ever watch nonunion threads over hear where organizing fights are happening.
They're tight with company lawyers.
And they are their to protect the companies legalities....not yours.

Double Nickle

Living from direct deposit to direct deposit.
I kinda started thinking our union and country were falling
You've just changed my thinking to fallen.

Unless some wake up.
I posted for any senior Teamster available for that travel work to file on junior guys who got the work due to junior guy being tested or vaccinated.
It should win.
That's a start. It should be able to be done all over the country.
We're doing it here.
Money grievances matter.
And it's probably a $1000 grievance here.
If it wins.

I don't think it's a great idea to stick something in me which they don't even know works or if it might harm me.

My daughter got vaccinated for a job.
If it sterilized her or hurts her....you and I both know that the drug companies nor employer will take responsibility in court.
And when civil ways fail to work....then what?
I'm getting really agitated with it.
Congress has already passed it, that we can not hold ANYONE AT ALl responsible for any side effects, up to and including death.

ROLLBACK

I want to know if person works for Holland in say Columbus, can he go to Yellow in say Columbus or Cleveland? Asking for a friend
There’re two ways, one way would be to apply and the other way would be if they did a change of operation.

slavenomore

Premium
I want to know if person works for Holland in say Columbus, can he go to Yellow in say Columbus or Cleveland? Asking for a friend
Yes. This thread involves New Penn working at Yellow. Same thing.
Only one New Penn terminal between the 2.

But it applies everywhere. If the terminal is requesting help through the travel plan/terminal assistance plan.

Which is why It say if you have it, and guys have been going, and a junior guy got to work due to being vaccinated while a senior unvaccinated guy had no time to test for the work) the memo came out Thursday..impossible to get results for Saturday and Sunday..... ..senior guys should file for the cash they were denied.
Nothing is guaranteed but it looks like a winner...at least this very week.

slavenomore

Premium
If it would be a winner.
Terminal managers are gonna LOVE the new Covid department...or committee or whatever they are.
Should've put it out thinking of timing.
Not so late in the week.

slavenomore

Premium
You must have available hours. And around here 6th and 7th punch pay means 6 and 7 punches. No holidays or days off in there.

Roadway spy

If your a old hand and do any work for this company at all you deserve to get screwed.
Union and company are crooks together and why no one will ever go union again.
Yellow keeps driver pay down and needs to be out of business, grow some balls.

wongway

Cayman -15% Acounting Dept.
If your a old hand and do any work for this company at all you deserve to get screwed.
Union and company are crooks together and why no one will ever go union again.
Yellow keeps driver pay down and needs to be out of business, grow some balls.
Damn them !!! The same way they been doing business for past 15 years and will for next 15 years too , why change ,the sheep like it that way !!
Storm Escape GIF by Great Big Story