Central Transport | Yellow

I doubt yellow is going anywhere, they just probably trying to get some of the free government money. I dont know how long you been with vitran but they have lost a lot of freight in mem, and need to figure out how not to lose any more before even thinking about yellows freight, just like rumors been circulating about blm losing cat, I believe other carriers are cutting the rates or could be they are tired of damages and shortages but something needs to be done. I'm pretty sure other carriers are prepared to do what ever it takes to get those accounts. Vitran tried to get alvan freight but ran into problems with customers claiming they got special treatment like having thier delivery before 7:30 a.m. but no later than 8. you get 3 or 4 customers in the same area and you have a problem.In mkm they tried to cater to these customers and found it impossible especially if they all are getting deliveries 5 days a week. good luck to your tm and his sales team.

As many freight haulers as there are in MEM, Vitran may have a hard time hauling YRC's freight. They may get a dab, but with the deep pockets of FEDX, UPS Freight, Averitt (not to mention there political clout) Vitran may get what these carriers don't want and that's what has caused YRC's problem in the first place. It's happened b4 and it will happen again, we just don't know who it will be.

Was told by my tm that vitran is waiting for yellow to go belly up.they are ready to take yellows freight in memphis tn.
LOL, you must be a company man that believes everything he says. Did he tell you that you guys are bonafied scrap haulers, thats why the aquisition with PJAX was a good deal. Cheap freight, Cheap bennies and sub par management.

don't know of vitran or if they are scraphaulers but the buttons are definitely starting to pop on that pretty yellow shirt and someone else will soon be taking that there memphis freight.

don't know of vitran or if they are scraphaulers but the buttons are definitely starting to pop on that pretty yellow shirt and someone else will soon be taking that there memphis freight.
Not anybody that says (that there). I don't work for yellow so that doesn't matter to me. Who do you work for?

Used to work for Yellow at the Maybrook bulk and then USF Red Star. Currently own my own logistics company since 2005.

92% discounts,you can have it.You can take alot with that discount.Let us know if its profitable?:hysterical:

With that said, Take the freightliner account because if Chrysler doesn't get their money, and they chap 11. Vitrans will be left holding the bag on the freight charge...
then go try to collect. Double edged sword.
:popcorn: and the beat goes on...

either you all can predict the future or live in a fantasy world, yellow is still in business, vitran doesnt have a freightliner or chrysler account and there is no such thing as a 92% discount, so get your fantasy right next time.

:QUOTE=simple723;465059]either you all can predict the future or live in a fantasy world, yellow is still in business, vitran doesnt have a freightliner or chrysler account and there is no such thing as a 92% discount, so get your fantasy right next time.[/QUOTE]

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

As many freight haulers as there are in MEM, Vitran may have a hard time hauling YRC's freight. They may get a dab, but with the deep pockets of FEDX, UPS Freight, Averitt (not to mention there political clout) Vitran may get what these carriers don't want and that's what has caused YRC's problem in the first place. It's happened b4 and it will happen again, we just don't know who it will be.

What one of the 3 doesn’t belong??? With the deep pockets of UPS FREIGHT, FEDEX FREIGHT, AVERIIT??

either you all can predict the future or live in a fantasy world, yellow is still in business, vitran doesnt have a freightliner or chrysler account and there is no such thing as a 92% discount, so get your fantasy right next time.
Mr Simple, I started the 92% discount statement. I did so because I know for a fact that it is true. I p/u Freightliner in Memphis. It was our(Holland) largest account. Unless their is another Vitran, your name was on about 2/3's of the freight on their dock. And may I add, your carrier hadn't even showed up at 9:00 am. And also the Me dispatcher(Vitran) was our Holland dispatcher for about 10-12 years. A very good friend of mine. So there you go. GRIZZ

Mr Simple, I started the 92% discount statement. I did so because I know for a fact that it is true. I p/u Freightliner in Memphis. It was our(Holland) largest account. Unless their is another Vitran, your name was on about 2/3's of the freight on their dock. And may I add, your carrier hadn't even showed up at 9:00 am. And also the Me dispatcher(Vitran) was our Holland dispatcher for about 10-12 years. A very good friend of mine. So there you go. GRIZZ

Wow, hows that @ss now Simple.Thanks for covering my back Grizz.:1036316054:

MR. Grizz last I check hooddock made the statement first in vitrans forum, so get your fantasy right once again. The only way that I will believe you made the statement first is that you really are covering hooddocks back butt naked in some dark closet.:butt kiss:

Wow, hows that @ss now Simple.Thanks for covering my back Grizz.:1036316054:

Hooddock You posted your comment 2 HOURS after Mr. Grizz, is it safe to say that you two are closer than most. Maybe in the same closet, i'LL JUST CALL YOU 2 DOO DOO CHASERS. HOW IS YOUR A$$ HOODDOCK.:butt kiss:

By the way, 1st person who posted that vitran took the freightliner acount by cutting the rates 92% was "slipperysleuth" in the holland forum under the topic "when will holland close" post #31, nov 26. If there is one before that than tough luck. Vitran will pickup and deliver that freight when ever they want since it has a 92% rate cut, we dont have time to worry about picking up cheap freight that some other carrier use to haul.

10/23 I posted the comment in"Letter from Holland" besides Slippery is road and I am city at the same barn. Simlpe I had no intention of this becoming a flame or pissing contest. I have a lot of friends at Vitran. The Vitran sales rep that took the account was at Holland throughout the 90's and was one of the best sales ladies I've ever been around. Happy Holiday and good luck to Vitran. GRIZZ